Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare (20680 Views)

Sunday Dare Paid Enekwechi $1000 To Delete Video Of Him Washing Jersey - Adeleye / Sunday Dare Walks Out On Pinnick, Dikko / 5 Sports Heroes Who Are Homosexuals/bisexuals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by robosky02(m): 9:58pm On May 30, 2020
In the past few weeks, the minister of Sports, Mr Sunday Dare has been offering succour to relatives of fallen sports heroes including the aged mothers of Rashidi Yekini, Samuel Okwaraji and Ali Jeje.

Last week, ailing former Super Eagles defender, Sunday Eboigbe was also given some financial assistance and promised free medical services by the minister

Esther Ekarika, widow of late Flying Eagles striker Uwem Ekarika, commended the Minister’s gesture to the families of past heroes but called on him to extend the gesture to her and the children her late husband left behind.

Ekarika, it would be recalled, was a household name in Nigerian football in the mid-1980s. He scored freely for Calabar Rovers, Leventis United of Ibadan and for the Flying Eagles. His goals aided Nigeria to qualify for the 1985 FIFA U-20 World finals which held in Moscow.

He could not travel with the Nigerian team to the finals because he had an examination at the Calabar Polytechnic. Uwem Ekarika left behind his wife, Esther and five children. The widow battles to pay for their education from her paltry salary as a teacher Ubong Uwem Ekarika, 18, added voice to his mother’s cry, “the minister should remember us too, as he has done for

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/uwem-ekarikas-widow-cries-for-ministers-palliatives/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by zoeA: 1:19am On May 31, 2020
Nigeria is the most fvcked country in the Universe!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Kingbenn(m): 6:01am On May 31, 2020
The guy above me stole my FTC and I won't forgive him for that even if my great grand pa shows up .

I still dunno why our leaders likes to play politics with everything in Nigeria, I dunno why we love to be baise in this part of the world. Nah wah oh!

Please shower me with likes nah, it's been a while have commented

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Emmany13: 6:02am On May 31, 2020
Happy Sunday Everyone cool
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by johnkay1(m): 6:03am On May 31, 2020
Happy Sunday to you all

1 Like

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:03am On May 31, 2020
Esther Ekarika, widow of late Flying Eagles striker Uwem Ekarika, commended the Minister’s gesture to the families of past heroes but called on him to extend the gesture to her and the children her late husband left behind. 

NFF should do something about this ASAP
Here is one of the household name in Nigeria football.
Since the NFF started this palliative thingy, they should expect more of this in coming days.
They shouldn't be selective in their palliative.

Ekarika, it would be recalled, was a household name in Nigerian football in the mid-1980s. He scored freely for Calabar Rovers, Leventis United of Ibadan and for the Flying Eagles. His goals aided Nigeria to qualify for the 1985 FIFA U-20 World finals which held in Moscow.

The labour of our heroes past shall not be in vain.
Let's respect our National Anthem by making our heroes turn and smile in their graves.

God bless Nigeria.

Pavore9:
A list should be compiled to have names of the fallen sports heroes whose family should benefit and made public.
You've said it all.
END OF THREAD.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:04am On May 31, 2020
Emmany13:
Happy Sunday Everyone cool
johnkay1:
Happy Sunday to you all
Na church service una dey?!
Why posting off topic?
We still have many Christian related threads (our fav on sunday morning) coming up in few mins, let's meet up there.
Let's respect the rules of the forum please.

Now, Talk about Ekarika thread abeg...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by PBeni(m): 6:04am On May 31, 2020
Oh
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by vanida6: 6:04am On May 31, 2020
Ok
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Celenwa1: 6:05am On May 31, 2020
i pray they hear cry
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by chiemmanuel(m): 6:06am On May 31, 2020
These are the people that needs a go fund raising, not Cynthia Morgan

28 Likes

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Latidoh1: 6:06am On May 31, 2020
I have cheap quality European cars for sale. Check my topis a d patronize me please.
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Passionate888: 6:07am On May 31, 2020
Chai
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:07am On May 31, 2020
Everybody wants palliatives but only the northern elites are enjoying everybody nobody else is enjoying the national cake, they keep most of their people as poor almajiris so that they can't compete with them and so that they believe whatever they tell them, if they don't believe them that's why they have Alfa's and religion to tell them it is god's sorry Allah's will to make you poor and make the corrupt old fool rich the imams tell them "Allah said so" "Allah gives wealth" and gbam they are back in line, bowl in hand begging for alms and not protesting their poverty with their politician brothers infact they see them as good and see others as the enemy, that is why northern politicians and Imams/Alfa's are the richest people in the north all their richest men have ties to politics, because nothing else dey pay, so the poor just work as terrorists, election spoilers etc
So madam if you dey wait for palliatives you fit die oh

1 Like

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by chiemmanuel(m): 6:07am On May 31, 2020
embarassed
post=90144925:

Na church service una dey?!
Why posting off topic?

Talk about the topic of the thread abeg.
Happy Saturday ni.......
You may wish to ignore, such prayers are not for you

5 Likes

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Helpfromabove1(m): 6:07am On May 31, 2020
I pray God will remember you and the children left behind

1 Like

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Pavore9: 6:09am On May 31, 2020
A list should be compiled to have names of the fallen sports heroes whose family should benefit and made public.

1 Like

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by chiemmanuel(m): 6:09am On May 31, 2020
johnkay1:
Happy Sunday to you all
happy Sunday, dear brother, don't mind that swine flu seller, may good things locate you

5 Likes

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by DeRay98(m): 6:10am On May 31, 2020
Wow! Hear the name that just came to light "Uwem (the Harmattan) Ekarika", I never knew he's late, RIP goal poacher.
How time flies, there were many strikers in Nigeria in 70 to 80s who were making waves except that the Green Eagles could only play a few. Each club had reliable strikers that opponents feared and fans had reasons to fill their stadia to watch matches.
Incompetent political appointee in sports administration killed our sports and our league.

8 Likes

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Aystarz: 6:15am On May 31, 2020
DeRay98:
Wow! Hear the name that just came to "Uwem (the Harmattan) Ekarika", never knew he's late, RIP goal poacher.
How time flies, there were many strikers in Nigeria in 70 to 80s who were making waves except that the green eagles could only play a few. Each club had reliable strikers that opponents fear and fans had reasons to fill their stadia to watch matches.
Incompetent political appointee in sports administration killed our sports and our league.

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Ubykcee(m): 6:16am On May 31, 2020
The minister for sport has started a good job and it's commendable. But let him include other widows and be transparent about it.
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Uthmanolakunle(m): 6:17am On May 31, 2020
Rest in perfect peace
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by davillian(m): 6:20am On May 31, 2020
The minister just started what he can't finish
So he mist continue this good gesture grin
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Sonnobax15(m): 6:22am On May 31, 2020
undecided Atleast our govt should do the needful for once..
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by ednut1(m): 6:23am On May 31, 2020
When people give birth anyhow like pigs wetin you expect. 1 or 2 kids no do na 5. People need to think. If i die today how would my pikin cope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Nobody: 6:23am On May 31, 2020
He failed to travel with the squad because of one foolish Polytechnic Examination.

Damn!!

Who School epp?

6 Likes

Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Tonytonex(m): 6:27am On May 31, 2020
Somebody should forward this to Sunday Dare. let him do the needful.
Re: Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare by Tonytonex(m): 6:29am On May 31, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
He failed to travel with the squad because of one foolish Polytechnic Examination.

Damn!!

Who School epp?
the ones that travel, where dem dey?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seun Adigun, Ngozi Onwumere & Akuoma Omeoga Represent Nigeria At Winter Olympics / Taiwo Ogunjobi Confirmed Is Dead! Former NFF Secretary General Dies / EPL Round-up: Iheanacho Scores First Premier League Goal In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.