Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. (699 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Schoolshoe: 6:22am On May 31, 2020
Let's go straight to the point.

• Don't play songs portraying irresponsibility, like all those shaku shaku and marlians songs. You don't want to keep playing "am I a yahoo boy"' on a repeat in the presence of your parents. You will be scolded "my friend, will you stop that song now! You jobless child" grin

• let your parents see you reading motivational or life changing books. Even though you don't feel like reading, just carry the book cover your face and pretend to be reading. They would feel you are a prospect of getting a job.

• Don't complain about the quantity of food or size of meat you are served. Sometimes you have to pretend you have lost appetite, even if hunger is killing you inside. When mom calls on you "Desmond, your food is ready on the dinning". Tell her "I don't feel like eating now". Just pause, even if it is just for 5mins then go and devour your meal. They would know there are more things you are thinking about apart from food. You don't want to be told "see your big head, it is eba that full inside, nah only food you know" grin

• Don't make intimate calls around your parents. Like all those deep or long calls with girls. You don't want to receive words of scolding.

• Be psychologically ready to be accused of stealing meatgrin. Especially when you are in the kind of family with many siblings with a Judas among them. You would be looked with that eye of a criminal. Like if your mom ask your younger bro " Charles who took two meats from the pot?" Charles would be like "Ask Desmond(Me)" kikikiki. That momentgrin. Mom would be like "Desmond, you are the only one who has been home all day, where are those meats?" grin

• Just wear coperate outfit sometimes, carry your CV with you and tell your parents you are going out to seek for job even when you actually wanted to visit a friend. They would know their son is making effort to get a job grin

•in the presence of your parents appear depressed purposely sometimes and accompany it with heavy sighs in betweengrin. When they ask what is wrong with you. Tell them "dad I'm not happy with my life". They would be the one giving you words of consolation. Even though deep down in your mind that moment you are actually happy that your club won their tough match that weekend grin.

• Do some house chores voluntarily. Like cleaning and some others. You don't want to hear shout on your head that, what is your usefulness sef! You are just jobless and useless! The TV is dusty and your brain cannot tell you something abi! cheesy.
See hennn most of the insult will be coming from your mom. Women dey get wahala.

And lastly go and get a job or you create one.

You can add yours.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Nettybrown(m): 6:23am On May 31, 2020
Mind how u relate to people to earn respect.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Nettybrown(m): 6:26am On May 31, 2020
Be prayerful and avoid impregnating ur babe, if not, u go settle the matter taya.

4 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by StubbornGENIUS: 6:28am On May 31, 2020
**DON'T BE AN UNEMPLOYED YOUTH.SHIKINA!!
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Schoolshoe: 6:31am On May 31, 2020
Nettybrown:
Mind how u relate to people to earn respect.
make dem no insult you like "Common go and sit down, who chuck your mouth for the mata, you jobless person" grin
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Munzy14(m): 6:45am On May 31, 2020
Schoolshoe:
Let's go straight to the point.

• Be very active during morning devotions, you can decide to lead the prayer most times. So your parents would see you as someone who is seeking God for change of state of life

• Don't play songs portraying irresponsibility, like all those shaku shaku and marlians songs. You don't want to keep playing "am I a yahoo boy"' on a repeat in the presence of your parents. You will be scolded "my friend, will you stop that song now! You jobless child" grin

• let your parents see you reading motivational or life changing books. Even though you don't feel like reading, just carry the book cover your face and pretend to be reading. They would feel you are a prospect of getting a job.

• Don't complain about the quantity of food or size of meat you are served. Sometimes you have to pretend you have lost appetite, even if hunger is killing you inside. When mom calls on you "Desmond, your food is ready on the dinning". Tell her "I don't feel like eating now". Just pause, even if it is just for 5mins then go and devour your meal. They would know there are more things you are thinking about apart from food. You don't want to be told "see your big head, it is eba that full inside, nah only food you know" grin

• Don't make intimate calls around your parents. Like all those deep or long calls with girls. You don't want to receive words of scolding.

• Be psychologically ready to be accused of stealing meatgrin. Especially when you are in the kind of family with many siblings with a Judas among them. You would be looked with that eye of a criminal. Like if your mom ask your younger bro " Charles who took two meats from the pot?" Charles would be like "Ask Desmond(Me)" kikikiki. That momentgrin. Mom would be like "Desmond, you are the only one who has been home all day, where are those meats?" grin

• Just wear coperate outfit sometimes, carry your CV with you and tell your parents you are going out to seek for job even when you actually wanted to visit a friend. They would know their son is making effort to get a job grin

•in the presence of your parents appear depressed purposely sometimes and accompany it with heavy sighs in betweengrin. When they ask what is wrong with you. Tell them "dad I'm not happy with my life". They would be the one giving you words of consolation. Even though deep down in your mind that moment you are actually happy that your club won their tough match that weekend grin.

• Do some house chores voluntarily. Like cleaning and some others. You don't want to hear shout on your head that, what is your usefulness sef! You are just jobless and useless! The TV is dusty and your brain cannot tell you something abi! cheesy.
See hennn most of the insult will be coming from your mom. Women dey get wahala.

And lastly go and get a job or you create one.

You can add yours.

hahahahahahaha.......grin grin

A lot of guys are passing through this....But, what am baffled at how a man stays unproductive!

How comfortable they are in this state is something else...

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Ayomideayo(f): 7:00am On May 31, 2020
And please don't argue or fight with your younger ones too much or else dey go talk brain into your head on behalf of your parents

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Schoolshoe: 7:02am On May 31, 2020
Munzy14:

hahahahahahaha.......grin grin

A lot of guys are passing through this....But, what am baffled at how a man stays unproductive!

How comfortable they are in this state is something else...
true. some guys just finds comfort in the hands of joblessness
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Schoolshoe: 7:04am On May 31, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
**DON'T BE AN UNEMPLOYED YOUTH.SHIKINA!!
I like your Ziggy. How do you see it like this. We are look gooding unemployed guys grin
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by StubbornGENIUS: 7:09am On May 31, 2020
Schoolshoe:
I like your Ziggy. How do you see it like this. We are look gooding unemployed guys grin
Chai!! It is finished undecided

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by FlordFlorez(m): 7:15am On May 31, 2020
Joblessness is a sickness. I can't survive it.
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Enoch07: 7:21am On May 31, 2020
to summarize this whole story, just try to be a hypocrite for a while until the Lord answer your prayer.

5 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by amidel(m): 9:26am On May 31, 2020
Schoolshoe nice one grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Uyi168: 11:15am On May 31, 2020
May we not stay jobless for long..
smiley

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by GRACEGLORY: 11:20am On May 31, 2020
From my transition (like the caterpillar into the Butterfly) from unemployment to creating a business, I discovered that unemployment isn’t the problem. It’s the lack of productivity. The unemployed mind is yet to be stretched to the point where he creates his own dreams. Hence, he’s unemployed. It doesn’t matter your field, The productivity Of your mind will break new grounds for you. School won’t teach you that, but toss into your lap a certificate that you deserve or that you don’t deserve. School is one thing, what you do with the information from school is what is called intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by DontBullshitMe: 2:01pm On May 31, 2020
Do not welcome female visitors. grin

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Guys Still Living With Their Parents. by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 31, 2020
Lmao. There is no manual for these things,it all depends on the kinda family you came from.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Indonesian Woman Allegedly Gives Birth After Being Pregnant For Just One Hour / Man Breaks Up With His Wife After Her Mum Refused Him Access To Their Children / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.