Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Will Covid-19 Become Somewhat Like A Seasonal Flu? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will Covid-19 Become Somewhat Like A Seasonal Flu? (238 Views)

Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) / Teacher’s Remark That A Student Is Not Behaving Like A Human Draws Attention / A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Covid-19 Become Somewhat Like A Seasonal Flu? by Wearabletech: 9:23am On May 31, 2020
Let's put coronaviruses into perspective!

Share your knowledge!

*Will Covid-19 become an endemic disease?*

�The novel coronavirus causing COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, was discovered in Wuhan, China. It started its course in December 2019. From the track record of coronaviruses, there is a good chance the novel coronavirus will not go away just yet and maybe a regular occurrence like the seasonal flu.

The world has witnessed several health crises as a result of zoonotic (animal-originated) viruses. This is the situation with influenza that created the swine, bird, and seasonal flu outbreaks in recent history.

Seasonal flu alone is estimated to bring about three to five million cases of severe illness, and 290,000 to 650,000 respiratory deaths annually.

Speculations behind the seasonal nature of influenza outbreaks persist. One of such is that people are mostly indoors and in close proximity during the cold season. Consequently, this promotes the transmission of infection-causing organisms from person to person.

According to WHO evidence so far, ‘the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in all areas, including areas with hot and humid weather’. This is a striking feature. For the most part, however, SARS-CoV-2 has expressed its virulence in cooler, drier regions such as Italy, Spain, and Switzerland.

*So, what does seasonality mean for covid-19*

Visit the link below for more��

https://smaartcollections.com/corona-viruses-seasonal-flu/

Re: Will Covid-19 Become Somewhat Like A Seasonal Flu? by Forby1968: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hi, according to me it feels like this virus is here to stay and will be back in countries which have got rid of it too but its intensity will be less.

1 Like

Re: Will Covid-19 Become Somewhat Like A Seasonal Flu? by Wearabletech: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
True indeed, thanks for your contribution.

Don't worry soon everything would work out for good. Stay positive
Forby1968:
Hi, according to me it feels like this virus is here to stay and will be back in countries which have got rid of it too but its intensity will be less. It will stay with us like seasonal flu but will not do this amount of damage. These are difficult times for us students too and I was searching for the best coursework help cheap online and I found a few websites. Now I will select the best one for me and hope it helps.
Re: Will Covid-19 Become Somewhat Like A Seasonal Flu? by Opemopem15: 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hopefully it will be contained or eradicated!

ummy!!! Enjoy and stay safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dncseJhUalw

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Need Anyone With Knowledge About Any Of These Signs / Different Teaching Methods-advantages And Disadvantages / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.