Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Good Examples Of Strategic Leverage - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Good Examples Of Strategic Leverage (344 Views)

9 Importance Of Strategic Planning To Smes / Omoaefe Ejere Honoured By The African Institute Of Strategic Managers / The Advantages Of Strategic Partnership In Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Examples Of Strategic Leverage by Bash112: 10:19am On May 31, 2020
We all want free stuff,yet we rarely ask ourselves what it means to receive something for free.
Let me burst your bubble: There’s nothing free in life!
Do you enjoy the extraordinary web search capabilities of Google? What about amazing Gmail? Can you live without Google Maps? YouTube is flawless! Google Docs … unbelievably reliable!
But wait … all ‘FREE’ services?
What about Facebook and Instagram? Do you enjoy these FREE social media platforms?
To answer your question, what’s a good example of strategic leverage?
Think of Google, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram as examples.
Google generated $134.8 billion in 2019, (just from ad revenues). Facebook sold $69.7 billion, and YouTube $15 billion in 2019 in ads.

A good example of strategic leverage is having billions of addicted people investing their time (for free), feeding content to your platform, while they’re also consuming other users’ — free — content.
Meanwhile, while we’re strangely giving away our valuable time “working” for the platform, they make billions selling our attention to other companies who are super desperate to sell us something else.
Actually, to date, Facebook is worth over 620 billion USD. Not a bad business.
Left to me this is a win-win case scenario , so I will advice we all to work smart not hard .

(1) (Reply)

Learn The Secrets I Used In Making $184 Dollars In The Month Of May / Super Life STC 30 The Miracle Product / Make Your Business Better; What To Learn From The Top 3 Brands In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.