Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,186 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Rape: Note To Women - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape: Note To Women (396 Views)

USA - Male Prisoners Claim To Be Women, And Are Sent To Women's Prison / Anambra Killer Cop And Organ Harvester: Victim Sends Voice Note To Police Commis / "They Are Not Breast" Vendor Writes Hilarious Note To Warn Customers ........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Note To Women by Sanchez01: 2:50pm On May 31, 2020
The surge in rape cases in the past one year in Nigeria is alarming that we might overtake countries such as South Africa (over 50,000 rape cases per year), the UK (85,000 per year) and India (90 per day, and over 300,000 per year) and other coutries currently leading the chart.

Nigeria was declared by Straitimes as being the the 9th most dangerous countries for women in 2018, even though sexual harrasment wasn't the parameter used.

Worse still is the fact that some rape cases are covered even with the police involved.

Below are some self defence tips against this scourge:

1. Please protect yourselves and let someone in on your whereabout at all time. If you go out to see a friend of the opposite sex, call someone in his presence to tell the person you're with him. No one likes to be monitored but this is better than being raped, brutalised and possibly killed in the process.

2. IT IS ILLEGAL TO OWN A PEPPER SPRAY, according to the NPF, but please GET ONE. They are sold on Jiji and some other places online. Better still, order one from foreign shopping sites. It is better you are arrested and whisked to a station with the rapist in pain than have the world or police ask you what you were doing around the place you got raped.

3. Get a Kubotan if possible. This can be bought on foreign stores.

4. Learn some basic rape self defence moves. There are so many videos on YouTube that are not even up to 10 minutes.

God protect you all.

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape: Note To Women by Ishilove: 3:07pm On May 31, 2020
Kubotan?
Re: Rape: Note To Women by anthonyuncle(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2020
girls/ladies should be very sincere about their movements.

one reason y they fall prey to most of dz is because da guy involved knows that her people ain't aware of their engagements.

also, if u have no interest in a guy, plz be straightforward with him (from da beginning) about it & try not to be alone with him in private.
how can u say u don't like a guy, yet u keep manipulating him to spend on u,u give him false hopes and still turn down his intimate request.

most guys use rape as a way of getting their pound of flesh from a girl that (they feel) have deceived them for long.

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Note To Women by Sanchez01: 3:33pm On May 31, 2020
Ishilove:
Kubotan?
Kubotan (sometimes erroneously spelled as kubaton or kobutan) is a genericized trademark for a self-defense keychain weapon developed by Sōke Takayuki Kubota in the late 1960s. It is typically no more than 5.5 inches (14 centimetres) long and about half an inch (1.25 centimetres) in diameter, slightly thicker or the same size as a marker pen. The material is usually of a hard high-impact plastic (e.g. Lexan). The body of the Kubotan is lined with six round grooves with a screw eye or swivel and split ring attachment at one end for keys.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan

It is actually recommended because an attacker doesn't even know you're carrying something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdeFd4xN3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjhE3McGS4E

1 Like

Re: Rape: Note To Women by yanabasee1(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2020
Ishilove:
Kubotan?

Can a man use it against female rapist??

1 Like

Re: Rape: Note To Women by Sanchez01: 3:42pm On May 31, 2020
yanabasee1:

Can a man use it against female rapist??
Not sure men need one, particularly against A female rapist. I doubt one female can overpower a male and have her way.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Note To Women by yanabasee1(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2020
Sanchez01:

Not sure men need one, particularly against A female rapist. I doubt one female can overpower a male and have her way.

I've been raped by a girl before....The devil that was in her, had muscles.....

1 Like

Re: Rape: Note To Women by Sanchez01: 3:54pm On May 31, 2020
yanabasee1:

I've been raped by a girl before....The devil that was in her, had muscles.....
grin

Sorry. I understand it is a sensitive issue. I just couldn't help it.

Perhaps you could get a pepper spray...

1 Like

Re: Rape: Note To Women by yanabasee1(m): 3:57pm On May 31, 2020
Sanchez01:
grin
Sorry. I understand it is a sensitive issue. I just couldn't help it.
Perhaps you could get a pepper spray...

Lol.... I'm actually using the gym.... I need to train to fight back....

1 Like

Re: Rape: Note To Women by Osobi32(m): 4:18pm On May 31, 2020
pls what are the measures to protect a man from being raped? It hurts to know that the world is focused on just the females not knowing that these women are the worst rapist. They drug a man and take turn on him, most of them will make the man take turn on them at gun point. We should address this issue coz men also get raped and these same women will come to play victim
Re: Rape: Note To Women by Sanchez01: 4:36pm On May 31, 2020
yanabasee1:

Lol.... I'm actually using the gym.... I need to train to fight back....
Lol! I'd like to believe you're clowning at this point.
Re: Rape: Note To Women by RuggedSniper: 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
Sanchez01:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan

It is actually recommended because an attacker doesn't even know you're carrying something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdeFd4xN3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjhE3McGS4E

(1) (Reply)

Death Sentence As Penalty For Rape In Nigeria. Do You Agree? / Lady Caught With Fake Money In Edo State I Iphone 7 For Eba (video) / A Full Confession Of A Pastor Who Killed 4 People And Dumped Their Bodies (vide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.