Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees (1015 Views)

US Congress Passes Bill That Will Censor The Bible As Antisemitic / Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel / US Congress Asks Google To Explain Why Trump's Photo Shows When You Type 'idiot' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29am On Jun 01, 2020
President Trump Blindsides Democrats – Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees
POSTED BY: MARY JANEE MAY 31, 2020

President Trump is tired of the games Congress has been playing during this crisis. Americans are suffering as liberals in D.C. fool around.

Democrats like Nancy Pelosi have been holding up funding for small businesses—in a bid to get what they want. Imagine putting politics ahead of the wellbeing of millions of Americans?

It looks like Democrats could be keeping Congress open to block Trump’s agenda. And he’s had enough.

From Fox News:

"President Trump announced during a White House address Wednesday that he is considering adjourning Congress and using its absence to make political appointments…

Trump added that he has the constitutional authority to dismiss both chambers and accused Congress of failing the American people and shirking their responsibilities as elected leaders."

President Trump called out Congress for delaying needed action. He threatened to adjourn Congress so he could go ahead and make needed appointments to his staff.

While Congress keeps running pro forma, from a distance, they are not allowing the President to make appointments in their absence. And they sure won’t be voting for his appointments while things are open.

Since President Trump entered office, Democrats have worked overtime to block his America First agenda.

Even during this crisis, they refuse to put their bias aside for the good of the country.

What have we seen from the government since this pandemic started? Well, from the White House we’ve seen a task force led by Trump and Pence working around the clock.

They’ve done all they can to battle this crisis, both medically and economically.

Democrats in D.C.? Oh, they’ve been playing games, delaying needed legislation. They even refused to keep the small business loans going.

Some may argue that Trump doesn’t have the authority to shut down Congress. But Democrats have been blocking the administration for years.

Hopefully, they’ll wake up and do the right thing, before the president goes to extremes.

https://trumpmove.tumblr.com/post/619673159276380160/president-trump-blindsides-democrats-threatens
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 1:36am On Jun 01, 2020

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by AllenSpencer: 1:54am On Jun 01, 2020
The kid is confused!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by jumper524(m): 6:47am On Jun 01, 2020
Every news on trumph is centered around treaths.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by Abbeybailey(m): 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

https://trumpmove.tumblr.com/post/619673159276380160/president-trump-blindsides-democrats-threatens
It's one of many lies Trump is used to saying. He has absolutely no power to shut down the Congress because they are equal in power. That's The Executive, The Congress and The Judiciary. Trump is just a sick pathological and sociopathic lying scum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
AllenSpencer:
The kid is confused!

He must think he is the dictator of North Korea.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by thundafire: 8:21am On Jun 02, 2020
He will lose re-election because dey blacks will gangup against him,he talks b4 thinking

1 Like

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

He should, if he wants more serious protests.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-15/trump-says-he-has-constitutional-authority-to-adjourn-congress

It is your hope that the more 'serious protests' he gets the more your chances of the Dems winning the election. What policies of his is affecting you negatively? undecided

"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you" (John 15:19)

If you were of God you will love the things of God but because you gravitate towards the love of this world hence you detest the things of God. This is how we know those who are of God and those who are of the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

It is your hope that the more 'serious protests' he gets the more your chances of the Dems winning the election. What policies of his is affecting you negatively? undecided

If you were of God you will love the things of God but because you gravitate towards the love of this world hence you detest the things of God. This is how we know those who are of God and those who are of the world.
It is not my hope that the President of the United States of America fuqs up so bad that American's feel the need to protest, which is precisely why I want this current President out.

And I do not share your opinion that this President has anything to do with God.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

It is not my hope that the President of the United States of America fuqs up so bad that American's feel the need to protest, which is precisely why I want this current President out.

And I do not share your opinion that this President has anything to do with God.

Which one(s) of his policies don't you agree with? undecided
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
AllenSpencer:
The kid is confused!

You mean the CONFUSIONISTS KIDS in the Congress?

1 Like

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
jumper524:
Every news on trumph is centered around treaths.

That's how the DEMOCRATS want to portray him to the Electorates.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
orisa37:

You mean the CONFUSIONISTS KIDS in the Congress?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11658873_Trumpadultintheroom_jpg39b0bb6d2ccc831b77a6fc3349dbf119

Yes. Trump is the only adult in the room, the kids are throwing temper tantrums. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Abbeybailey:
It's one of many lies Trump is used to saying. He has absolutely no power to shut down the Congress because they are equal in power. That's The Executive, The Congress and The Judiciary. Trump is just a sick pathological and sociopathic lying scum.

We are watching the Presidency in Practice.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Abbeybailey:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11710551_PelosiAlbaghadi_jpg602b6686bbdfa4e5da9144ea6b60520a

Can you explain why Pelosi was not informed before they attacked Al baghdadi and Solimani?

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

He must think he is the dictator of North Korea.

He is exuding Wisdom in the Management of American Business and forward progress as it should be.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
thundafire:
He will lose re-election because dey blacks will gangup against him,he talks b4 thinking

American Blacks don't play blind Politics

2 Likes

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
The Lord is watching.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

God chooses Leaders
He watches over The Righteous and always ready to purnish the Wicked..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Which one of his policie(s) don't you agree with? undecided

Good question.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2020
orisa37:

God chooses Leaders
He watches over The Righteous and always ready to purnish the Wicked..
I wouldn't argue. Just sai my bubu! Though I'll have serious problems believing God chose Abacha.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
orisa37:

He is exuding Wisdom in the Management of American Business and forward progress as it should be.
We definitely have different ideas of what should be called "Wisdom in the Management of American Business and forward progress", and bankrupting a nation would not qualify in my own book.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

We definitely have different ideas of what should be called "Wisdom in the Management of American Business and forward progress", and bankrupting a nation would not qualify in my own book.

Trump is more enterprising, more cost conscious and more growth orienting than Obama. He is also more Patriotic.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

I wouldn't argue. Just sai my bubu! Though I'll have serious problems believing God chose Abacha.

You mean you have not seen why God chooses BUHARI, a Miyetti Allah FULANI HERDSMAN for this purpose?
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
orisa37:

You mean you have not seen why God chooses BUHARI, a Miyetti Allah FULANI HERDSMAN for this purpose?
What I don't see is whether you'd agree that God chose Buhari to be your President. But if you do, good, and I agree, though, in truth, we the people elected him ourselves.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
orisa37:

Trump is more enterprising, more cost conscious and more growth orienting than Obama. He is also more Patriotic.
If you believe so, good.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11658873_Trumpadultintheroom_jpg39b0bb6d2ccc831b77a6fc3349dbf119

Yes. Trump is the only adult in the room, the kids are throwing temper tantrums. cheesy

AGREED.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

What I don't see is whether you'd agree that God chose Buhari to be your President. But if you do, good, and I agree, though, in truth, we the people elected him ourselves.

God wants NIGERIANS to engage in a war against the INDISCIPLINE of The Fulanis. Our God is wise.
Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by budaatum: 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
orisa37:

God wants NIGERIANS to engage in a war against the INDISCIPLINE of The Fulanis. Our God is wise.
God is indeed wise. It's you that I have doubts about.

Does your God, in whose book it says, "remove the forest from your own eye's first", want you to go with your blindness to remove the twig in the eye's of Fulanis?

3 Likes

Re: President Trump Threatens To Shut Down Congress So He Can Pass His Nominees by orisa37: 7:35am On Jun 04, 2020
budaatum:

God is indeed wise. It's you that I have doubts about.

Does your God, in who's book it says, "remove the forest from your own eye's first", want you to go with your blindness to remove the twig in the eye's of Fulanis?

I'M GOD POSITIVE BUT SOME OR MANY ARE GOD NEGATIVE. I HAVE REMOVED THE FOREST IN MY EYES BUT THE FULANIS ARE STICKING IROKO TREE BACK INTO MY SAME EYES. WHAT SHOULD I DO.

YORUBA PROVERB:-

"IGI GONGORO MAGUNMI LOJU OKERE LATI NWO".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iranian Man Ironically Catches Fire While Burning An Israeli Flag (video) / Who Else Is Staying Awake For World War 3 / Why The U.S. Navy Steers Clear Of Russia’s Akula-class Attack Submarines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.