Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Telegram Crypto Scam in Town - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Telegram Crypto Scam in Town (1634 Views)

I Will Promote Your Telegram,crypto,nft,discord,twitter,twitch With Effective / Kobobid Is The Latest In Town / Agency Banking (POS), The New Wave In Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 01, 2020
This is to alert the general public of Telegram Crypto scam in town where a lot of people have fallen into.
Due to increased public awareness of crypto currency, lots of scammers are exploiting the situation to defraud the vulnerable.
Few days ago, a lady opened a thread here to complain how they used the same method to fleece her husband large some of money.
* This is their mode of operation.
They create Telegram group where they add people from other genuine groups randomly.
* The Telegram group have up 7000 members, admin and 2 excrow members to have resemblance of genuine business.
The admin and excrow are the same person.
* They warn people seriously not transact with anyone without excrow, not even DM. Unsuspecting individuals will believe the setup and transact with them. That will be the end of the story for such individual.
* They also offer lower naira exchange rate..
Here is an example.

Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
The group name changes every now and then.
Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Another scam Account from another scam group

Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Once they scammed someone, they change the account number

Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by sleekier(m): 5:35am On Feb 24, 2021
I just got scammed too by Nigerian Crypto Expect on telegram who has over 25000 non genuine members.

I ve been d member for months.
The admin of the group is d Escrow who request for additional #200 on each transaction. Those transactions were going on multiple time, not knowing that its all scam.

I was told to send #10,200 for d Bitcoin.

I sent it to this account First Bank 3167683251 Musa Danjuma (scam).

Immediately I sent it, they started telling me to buy their remaining Bitcoin at a cheaper rate, that was when I started seeing their foul play.

I told d Admin to refund me but he immediately blocked me.

I wish I had seen this earlier.

Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by Blessednehy1: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2021
The same thing happened to me right now.
I wish I researched more before going into this.
Bitter lesson learnt.
Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by tutsylove(f): 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
Same thing happened to me now... Telegram groups or any other groups are not legit way to purchase crypto currencies... Its best to purchase on legit apps like binance... Which I am sure of....anyways the name of the escrow guy that scammed me is omosa abdulrahman oshomah... He is using a first bank account.... Kindly be alert....
Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by tutsylove(f): 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
They are using Binance Nigeria p2p group.... Anything on telegram that has binance nigeria.... Pls be wary of them on telegram..... Never trade with large funds if u want fall.... Just my advice
Re: Telegram Crypto Scam in Town by cybae(f): 4:43pm On May 27, 2023
They scammed me too

(1) (Reply)

Us Fines Uba $15 Million Dollars Over Money Laundering! Elumelu Faces Arrest! / Why Do Nigerian Small And Medium Business Owners (entrepreneurs) Fail / Where Is The Cheapset Place I Can Advetise My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.