Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists (3863 Views)

Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by LordReed(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
gensteejay:

I have gone through it. The comments on the the thread still prove my point.

There are different sects and beliefs in Buddhism, and most (or many) don't consider Buddha as a god, but some do.

What you can say that I will agree with is, you don't regard him as a god as an atheist, which is a view shared by many Buddhists as well, not all of them.

Even some of the religious ones (not atheists) that don't call him a god treat him as one. Action speaks louder than voice.

No one there said Buddhists worship Buddha as a god.

Read for more insight:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Buddhism/comments/4hw67e/gods_in_buddhism/
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Tomiwa69(m): 8:09am On Jun 03, 2020
petra1:

I do pray for sick people' ans they recover .
Do they recover Without medical aid
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 03, 2020
LordReed:

No one there said Buddhists worship Buddha as a god.

Read for more insight:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Buddhism/comments/4hw67e/gods_in_buddhism/
No point in dragging this issue further.

Let's allow people that believe in prayers to comment.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by petra1(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2020
Tomiwa69:

Do they recover Without medical aid

Yes ofcourse.
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by tintingz(m): 6:54am On Jun 12, 2020
gensteejay:

Religious people pray in the name of a god, and Buddhism is one of the world's religions.

Buddha is not a god, atleast in the way we define god.
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by tintingz(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2020
Prayers are just placebos and confirmation bias.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 12, 2020
tintingz:

Buddha is not a god, atleast in the way we define god.
Your opinion, not that of all Buddhists.

In reality, many Buddhists don't worship him as a god (at least in the Western understanding of the term, "god" ), but many Buddhists also worship him as a god. (Though there are more people in the former group than the latter.)
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 26, 2020
grin
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by orunto27: 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS ARE ALWAYS ANSWERED.
PRAYERS OF THE UNRIGHTEOUS ARE ALWAYS PROCESSED TO MEET GOD'S PLAN.
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Xmuslim: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
orunto27:
PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS ARE ALWAYS ANSWERED.

PRAYERS OF THE UNRIGHTEOUS ARE ALWAYS PROCESSED TO MEET GOD'S PLAN.
lol grin. Fallacy
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nawa oo
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:
lol grin. Fallacy
it is not fallacy! I believe it to be truth. And i also believe obedience is the key to answers we seek.
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by orunto27: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:
lol grin. Fallacy

What don't you understand?
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
God answers prayers but you have to he consistent with it to get quick answers.

I have so many instances where God has answered me that I dont know where to start from.

God answers prayers.
Colossians 4:2
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Xmuslim: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2020
You can direct your prayers to me, because I grant wishes.

However, note the following

If your wishes are granted, I DID IT

If your wishes aren't granted, it means

I HAVE A BETTER PLAN FOR YOU or
YOUR SINS PREVENTED ME FROM GRANTING YOUR WISHES or
YOU DO NOT HAVE FAITH or
I'M TESTING YOUR FAITH or
YOU AREN'T CONSISTENT ENOUGH
grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Martinez39s(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2020
Xmuslim:

If you your wishes are granted, I DID IT

If your wushes aren't granted, it means

YOU DO NOT HAVE FAITH or

grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. The famous prayer algorithm rooted in deception and self-deceit. Praying to you will yield results no different than random chances and natural happenings. It's the same as praying to any religious god.

I hereby order people to pray to me for better results. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Xmuslim: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
Martinez39s:
Lol. The famous prayer algorithm rooted in deception and self-deceit. Praying to you will yield results no different than random chances and natural happenings. It's the same as praying to any religious god.

I hereby order people to pray to me for better results. grin
lol! Method of answering prayers in Christianity and Islam is the most expensive joke of the century.
Unfalsifiable claim grin

Religion scamming people since time immemorial

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Martinez39s(m): 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Xmuslim:
lol! Method of answering prayers in Christianity and Islam is the most expensive joke of the century.
Unfalsifiable claim grin

Religion scamming people since time immemorial
grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
Xmuslim:

If your wishes are granted, I DID IT

If your wishes aren't granted, it means

YOU DO NOT HAVE FAITH or
grin grin grin grin grin

Sadly, that does seem an accurate representation of the prayer-respons algorithm of the world's church
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Xmuslim: 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Sadly, that does seem an accurate representation of the prayer-respons algorithm of the world's church

Exactly. How unfortunate. And many adults believe in such fallacy
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Buliwyf: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
gensteejay:

You're only exposing your ignorance.

"Buddhism is often referred to as a non-theistic religion." That's from the site you gave above.

In case, you assume Buddhism is completely atheistic.

Even though you're not facing the reality, Buddhists have different sects and with different beliefs, which you can't merely summarize on a website (like the one you have above).

According to this excerpt, some sects of Bhuddism in India worship Buddha as a god: "It seems ironic that a man whose career was largely based on believing and teaching the oneness of mankind and the equality among people, ended up being worshipped and elevated to the status of a god by some of his followers.

"As strange as this may sound, this is what happened in some Buddhist circles, particularly in India. The Buddha, originally considered a human being (wise and extraordinary, but only a man), gradually entered into the pantheon of the Hindu gods and came to be regarded as one of the many manifestations of the god Vishnu.

"A man of tolerance, intelligence, compassion, peace, what harm could it do to worship him as a deity? His followers perhaps thought that by making him a god the Buddha would become more special, his image more powerful and unique. However, in a tradition like in India, filled with endless gods and goddesses everywhere, to make him a god was also to make him ordinary, just one more god among thousands. Moreover, his image became to coexist with myth, ritual and superstition that corrupted his original message.

"Eventually, the Buddha was swallowed up by the realm of Hindu gods, his importance diminished and Buddhism finally died out in the land where it was born."

https://www.ancient.eu/Siddhartha_Gautama/

Whether you see the reality or not, the fact remains many Buddhists regard Buddah as a god.

He didn't say Buddhism is atheistic oga. Why are you refuting an argument no one made? Because Buddha is not a god doesn't mean Buddhism is atheistic.
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by rationalhuman(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Those Eastern Philosophies and Spiritualistic Concepts can not be discussed on web page, can not be described in even in 100 pages.

Example in AD 645 If a wise Chinese traveler and monk like Xuanzang travlled to India to learn and study yet could not understood these ultra complex things. Its beyond our scope guys.

I tried to study for a year or so, many ancient Scrpits(Translations ofcourse along with explanations) but honestly most of the time i was just wondering how human can think like this way. Beyond my level fellas.

Still you guy prefer to put expert opinions, go ahead. its free world and still better then discussing some Celebrities.

gensteejay:

You're only exposing your ignorance.

"Buddhism is often referred to as a non-theistic religion." That's from the site you gave above.

In case, you assume Buddhism is completely atheistic.

Even though you're not facing the reality, Buddhists have different sects and with different beliefs, which you can't merely summarize on a website (like the one you have above).

According to this excerpt, some sects of Bhuddism in India worship Buddha as a god: "It seems ironic that a man whose career was largely based on believing and teaching the oneness of mankind and the equality among people, ended up being worshipped and elevated to the status of a god by some of his followers.

"As strange as this may sound, this is what happened in some Buddhist circles, particularly in India. The Buddha, originally considered a human being (wise and extraordinary, but only a man), gradually entered into the pantheon of the Hindu gods and came to be regarded as one of the many manifestations of the god Vishnu.

"A man of tolerance, intelligence, compassion, peace, what harm could it do to worship him as a deity? His followers perhaps thought that by making him a god the Buddha would become more special, his image more powerful and unique. However, in a tradition like in India, filled with endless gods and goddesses everywhere, to make him a god was also to make him ordinary, just one more god among thousands. Moreover, his image became to coexist with myth, ritual and superstition that corrupted his original message.

"Eventually, the Buddha was swallowed up by the realm of Hindu gods, his importance diminished and Buddhism finally died out in the land where it was born."

https://www.ancient.eu/Siddhartha_Gautama/

Whether you see the reality or not, the fact remains many Buddhists regard Buddah as a god.

Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Buliwyf:

He didn't say Buddhism is atheistic oga. Why are you refuting an argument no one made? Because Buddha is not a god doesn't mean Buddhism is atheistic.
This comment shows you're only dabbling into an argument you know nothing about.
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
Xmuslim:
■ So, religious people have been claiming that God answer prayer since time immemorial. Whereas, I haven't found any reasonable evidence for such claim. If you believe in prayers, tell us about your experience.
1. God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. He only answers ALL — not some — of the prayers of the righteous. So, the only reason why God would not answer a person's prayer has to do with that person not being righteous at all. undecided
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2023
Righteousness89:
■ If your prayers are not Answered, Check yourself! You are the problem!
God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the petitions of the sinners are an abomination to Him — even their petitions for the forgiveness of sins go unanswered by God. This means it does not matter how, when, why, or where you pray, so long as you remain unrighteous, God will never answer your prayers. Something God did say of the righteous is that He delights in granting them all — not some— the desires of their hearts. God not only answers the prayers of the righteous but He does so every single time. Now when you put all of this together it means

■ If you are a sinner and hence unrighteous, God does not and has most likely never answered any one of your prayers at any point in time
■ If you feel God answers some and not all of your prayers, it means God has never answered any of your prayers because God answers all — not some — of the prayers of the righteous; clearly this also means you are an unrighteous aka sinner
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkiee: 10:55pm On May 04, 2023
petra1:
■ I do pray for sick people' ans they recover .
Immediately 0r eventually as most normally would? undecided
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkiee: 11:00pm On May 04, 2023
petra1:
■ It’s not God , it’s us learning to yield to his wisdom. Hinderance can only be due to our insensitivity
Nonsense! It It God who said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; their every prayer is tainted by their sins(unholiness) and hence an abomination onto God. So, it cannot be the case that God answered any of your questioned. Rather it is instead to God's mercy which He happens to pour out daily on all including the wicked and the ungrateful is what happened to those people who you pretend your prayers impacted. undecided
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On May 06, 2023
Exmilitant:
Depends on the god you are praying to. All gods and goddesses have been apportioned: GOD(Zeus), belongs to the greeks. Jehovah(Yahweh) belongs to the Jews. The Buddha belongs to the Chinese. Allah belongs to the Arabs. While every tribe in Africa have their indigenous gods/goddesses. The christians muslims in Africa are grossly mistaken in praying to a god that is not of their origin. e.g YAHWEH will easily answer the prayer of a Jew than that of an Igbo man..
Even so, God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous, so all unrighteous israelites are bound to not receive any answers from God in this case. Righteousness is the key to the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On May 08, 2023
adadike:
I think the question you should ask is why your prayers are not answered . Coz mine were answered. Where should I start from, from casting out demons, to special miracles, to journey mercies, to long life in my family. Have faith, don't doubt. I used to tell God to remember that they that put their trust in him will never be disappointed and indeed, he never disappoints. I love you Yahweh, I love you so much Jesus Christ. Thank you for answering my prayers and proving the enemy wrong in my life
So you are saying that you are in fact holy and righteous, right? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mistranslated 1Samuel 13:1 By Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman / Logicboy Was A Christian For 22 Years / How I Became An Atheist And Later Reconverted.....enjoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.