Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina (56988 Views)

Suspected Killers Of Uwa Omozuwa Paraded By The Police / Livinus Elem On Uwa Vera Uwaila's Rape And Death: Says "Good For Her" / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by pocohantas(f): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2020
Neddstark:

Tired already? You really thought you could shut me up with foul words? Try this again and watch me whip you ruthlessly.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by LINTUNE(m): 11:54am On Jun 01, 2020
mrpaedo:

It is your father that is a fo.ol cool
The women label men rapists?I wear that fuccking label with pride cool
Me don't need the validation of no woman unlike you Mr weakling cool
if not being a pervert like u makes me a weakling , then ill gladly be a weakling...perhaps u were concieved through rape, thats why u fancy it so much..snow!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by zicoraads: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. This my guy sef. He knows how to calm me.
I am still angry...
Oya send ya akant... Make I bless you. grin cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by Jlow2: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2020
all dis Menopause women no dey carry early hear rape.

5 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by mrpaedo(m): 11:56am On Jun 01, 2020
LINTUNE:
if not being a pervert like u makes me a weakling , then ill gladly be a weakling...perhaps u were concieved through rape, thats why u fancy it so much..snow!
OMG you are boring!!
Byyyyeeee!!

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by SarkinYarki: 11:58am On Jun 01, 2020
Biodun1929:

The hate feminists have for men is disturbing. If a feminist ever has the kind of power Hitler once had, she can obliterate the whole male specie.

I swear

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by 1stola: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
hilfinity:

'U mumu o'

Genevieve neva said men don't suffer from abuse: rape. Instead, she was strongly referring to d men in uniform, who brutalizes n kill innocent civilians for no just reason.

When she said "WE" live in fear of men in or out of uniform, she was referring to everybody; both men& women. Because rape n police brutality ain't gender based.

You stupîd o
Do you need someone to interpret what she posted better before understanding it?

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by cococandy(f): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2020

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by LINTUNE(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

Fine you said her comment is inciting. Let me ask you this.

How many times have ever heard someone say
1) women be careful don’t go out at so and so time.
2)don’t go to a man’s house alone
3)dress “properly” to prevent rapists from being attracted to you
4)don’t accept anything from a man unless you’re ready to pay back with your body.
5) make sure you learn self defense....the list goes on.

While not bad advice, do you believe there is anything else fueling these advice except the fear of what men do to women? To encourage women to be wary of men or they might hurt and killed?
I never actually subscribe to any of that and I tend to call them out when I read them especially if people try to use them to deflect/victim blame after someone has been raped but people go “if anything happens to you you’re to blame”. So you folks actively encourage women to live in fear of men. Wonder why the uproar. Because a woman said it the way it is?

Y’all can’t have it both ways. It’s either women live in fear of men as she rightfully said and follow these precious advice listed above to protect themselves from men or men behave themselves and all that won’t be necessary.

All men are not bad yet many of them look the other way when serious issues like this arises. Or at best slap on a lame condemnation that is obviously not heartfelt often ending in a “But she should now have...”. Just like there are good cops who happen to standby and laugh while their mates kill and hurt people.

Bu you’ll see them come out enthusiastically to cry about who a grown women sleeps with or how this celebrity got her wealth. Like that’s the evil in the society. Not what their mates are doing.
. are u for real..are u saying we men are not scared of women too?, smh..seriously u are even trying to confuse me more with this ur reply, are u saying women are not scared of their fellow women too..we have situations were by guys are gang raped till death by women, do u expect me to be in a room in the company of about 5 gals and not be sacred...look most rapist are men doesn't mean majority of men are rapist, understand that ok..the notion of women being scared of men is due to believe that men are naturally stronger, nothing else...

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by LINTUNE(m): 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
mrpaedo:

OMG you are boring!!
Byyyyeeee!!
pervert...u will be lynched someday, rapist
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by zicoraads: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
GeneralPula:

You can’t say men get raped by men or are you saying you’ve never heard of women raping men?

I’ve been raped once myself, when I was young(Js2). I didn’t tell anyone cuz I didnt even know how to report about. I know a lot of guys that told me they’ve been raped.

Women do rape too. Infact, they rape with cofidence. They do go to the extent of kidnapping guys for as many days as they want. Most especially the women that are into cultism. After raping you, they’ll still tell you never to tell anyone or you’ll get killed.

As a public figure, she wasn’t suppose to respond completely one sided. Knowing well enough that her gender does this rape too! That’s why I didn’t agree completely with her.

I personally will never forgive any rapist, either a man or woman. It’s deeply bad. That they’re not reporting it doesn’t mean it’s not happening in large. It’s happening for real!
But what's the percentage of that when you run it side by side with the number of women who get raped?

We should not bring in conversations about males who have been raped, when conversations about women who have been raped are being discussed.

What it does invariably is take away the seriousness of the issue at hand. You either discuss male rape issues separately, or you don't bring it up to try and take away the seriousness of the conversation.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by LINTUNE(m): 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hathor5:

I didn't say all and I didn't even try to imply all. I know there are decent guys out there who enjoyed proper upbringing and I respect these guys a lot but it is not a secret that many guys and even girls believe that visiting a guy at home or inviting one over is a ticket to a woman's vagina. It shows how foolish some people reason and how dirty their minds are. These same people will complain about how Western countries are morally bankrupting their world but can't imagine someone have a drink in someone's house without fûcking. Very disturbing mindset.
i still insist, not all men are like that..i have more female freinds than male friends and i cant tell u categorically, i dont reason that way, same with so many men out there.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by annsrealms(f): 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
Neddstark:
Constant fear of men? Genevieve, you should have let a baboon impregnante you rather than a man. Foolish of you.
RIP Uwa. May you find justice

SHE IS A VICTIM OF RAPE.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by Martinez39s(m): 12:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

2) don’t go to a man’s house alone
3) dress “properly” to prevent rapists from being attracted to you
4) don’t accept anything from a man unless you’re ready to pay back with your body.

While not bad advice, do you believe there is anything else fueling these advice except the fear of what men do to women? To encourage women to be wary of men or they might hurt and killed?
The emboldened advices are not given to women to protect themselves against men, it is given to protect themselves against male rapists by being prepared to fight back and not taking any chances.

The third advice is utterly moronic because it insinuates that rapists are not to be held accountable. All humans must be held accountable for their actions, and it's a woman's right to dress as she pleases.

The fourth is not too common and it isn't a way to protect yourself from men. A lot of men spend on women freely. Beside, if a man wants sex in exchange for giving you his money, he is entitled to do that. His money, his money; the same applies to a woman.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by cococandy(f): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
LINTUNE:
. are u for real..are u saying we men are not scared of women too?,

tell me more. You’re scared of women why?
You’re scared if you visit a woman by yourself, you could get overpowered and raped by her? You are scared of going out shirtless so you don’t attract a woman rapist to yourself? You’re scared of being out late to avoid being robbed and raped by a woman? If you are for real, I’m not going to knock your experience. I don’t know what you have bee through but I just wanted to make sure I understand what it is you’re scared of.

smh..seriously u are even trying to confuse me more with this ur reply, are u saying women are not scared of their fellow women too..
no we are not. We are not scared that an interaction gone wrong with another woman could have raped and killed by her.

we have situations were by guys are gang raped till death by women,
women have raped men. Gang raped to death? undecided

do u expect me to be in a room in the company of about 5 gals and not be sacred...
try being scared when you’re alone with one. Maybe then you’ll get a grasp.

look most rapist her men doesnt mean majority of men are rapist, understand that ok..
not the point. Of course not all men are rapists. The point is that one hand you teach women to live in fear of men with all your victim blaming and advice that is meant to restrict how women behave in order to keep themselves safe from men. Then on the other hand you get mad that Genevieve said women live in fear of men. Isn’t that what y’all have been asking us to do for ages? To live in fear of men. You disguise it as good behavior. But it’s a docility aimed at not spooking the tiger. Aka Living in fear.

the notion of women being scared of men is due to believe that men are naturally stronger, nothing else...
now we are getting somewhere.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by Duggedised12(f): 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

2)don’t go to a man’s house alone
3)dress “properly” to prevent rapists from being attracted to you
4)don’t accept anything from a man unless you’re ready to pay back with your body.

I never actually subscribe to any of that and I tend to call them out when I read them especially if people try to use them to deflect/victim blame after someone has been raped but people go “if anything happens to you you’re to blame”. So you folks actively encourage women to live in fear of men. Wonder why the uproar. Because a woman said it the way it is?

Y’all can’t have it both ways. It’s either women live in fear of men as she rightfully said and follow these precious advice listed above to protect themselves from men or men behave themselves and all that won’t be necessary.

All men are not bad yet many of them look the other way when serious issues like this arises. Or at best slap on a lame condemnation that is obviously not heartfelt often ending in a “But she should now have...”. Just like there are good cops who happen to standby and laugh while their mates kill and hurt people.

Bu you’ll see them come out enthusiastically to cry about who a grown women sleeps with or how this celebrity got her wealth. Like that’s the evil in the society. Not what their mates are doing.
perfectly worded .

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by GeneralPula: 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
zicoraads:

But what's the percentage of that when you run it side by side with the number of women who get raped?

We should not bring in conversations about males who have been raped, when conversations about women who have been raped are being discussed.

What it does invariably is take away the seriousness of the issue at hand. You either discuss male rape issues separately, or you don't bring it up to try and take away the seriousness of the conversation.

Don’t judge with the percentage of the report of the rape cases you read. A lot of rape cases don’t get to the media. Infact only very few cases of rape do get to the media of which most of the few cases are majorly about man raping woman..

Men get raped too. I mean 5 men can get raped at the same time if wanted by 5 different women. That’s how it is in real world..

You can’t use the percentage of the amount of what’s happening on the media to what’s happening in real life..

Rape is bad, it’s evil, not just because they’re raping women but because they’re raping both men and women!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by LINTUNE(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:
tell me more. You’re scared of women why?
You’re scared if you visit a woman by yourself, you could get overpowered and raped by her? You are scared of going out shirtless so you don’t attract a woman rapist to yourself? You’re scared of being out late to avoid being robbed and raped by a woman? If you are for real, I’m not going to knock your experience. I don’t know what you have bee through but I just wanted to make sure I understand what it is you’re scared of.
yes ,if she is way stronger and bigger than i am,i can br scared, though it is rare to find such woman, i must confess..

no we are not. We are not scared that an interaction gone wrong with another woman could have raped and killed by her.

ok if u say so , cos i know women prefer the company of men to their fellow women..

women have raped men. Gang raped to death? undecided
so many times, its nothing new..an average man is scared of going to the female hostel, why do u think so?

try being scared when you’re alone with one. Maybe then you’ll get a grasp.

like i said , if she is stronger and quite bigger ...the strenght is all that matters gere, there are some women an average guy will never even think of raping because of their physique..

not the point. Of course not all men are rapists. The point is that one hand you teach women to live in fear of men with all your victim blaming and advice that is meant to restrict how women behave in order to keep themselves safe from men. Then on the other hand you get mad that Genevieve said women live in fear of men. Isn’t that what y’all have been asking us to do for ages? To live in fear of men. You disguise it as good behavior. But it’s a docility aimed at not spooking the tiger. Aka Living in fear.

u make it sound like men are oppressing women, we all know the world of today favours women more than men..

now we are getting somewhere.
yes if women were stronger than men, there is every tendecies u guys will rape men..
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by cococandy(f): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
Duggedised12:
wait for it sis ,they are getting bold ,if they can shamelessly defend rape online ,all it will take is a little tweak before they show their true colors . many are used to raping their girlfriends and wives. The entitled mentality of Nigerian men to having sex with a woman is alarming. Even their own wives and girlfriends are not safe

A lot of married men don’t believe they can rape their wives. They “paid” for it. So her personhood doesn’t matter after that.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by zicoraads: 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
GeneralPula:

Don’t judge with the percentage of the report of the rape cases you read. A lot of rape cases don’t get to the media. Infact only very few cases of rape do get to the media of which most of the few cases are majorly about man raping woman..

Men get raped too. I mean 5 men can get raped at the same time if wanted by 5 different women. That’s how it is in real world..

You can’t use the percentage of the amount of what’s happening on the media to what’s happening in real life..

Rape is bad, it’s evil, not just because they’re raping women but because they’re raping both men and women!
Let's get serious.

Women are raped daily. Female kids are molested daily.

Only in 2019, Sokoto state had about 600 reported cases of rape. That's just one state.

Now if the female cases are being reported, why are the male ones not being reported?

I'm not saying males don't get raped. But in every 1 male raped, 20 females have been raped.

Secondly, we shouldn't bring male rape cases when incidents like these are being discussed. It comes across as being insensitive. We can discuss that of the males, but not today.

Today, condemn the men who rape and make your gender look like animals. It won't take anything away from you.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by cococandy(f): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
LINTUNE:

yes if women were stronger than men, there is every tendecies u guys will rape men..

If. In that case your fears don’t really exist. Just a potential fear. Got it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by LINTUNE(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

If. In that case your fears don’t really exist. Just a potential fear. Got it.
..some women are quite stronger than some men, what do u expect such man to do when they are both alone...being bad has nothing to do with gender, its a personal attribute..
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by skyfather09(m): 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Dididrumz:
But girls plenty na, why force someone that says NO

Even to death??
Na wah ohh
bros na person wey know her wella na him rape her, the killer dey that church...

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by Duggedised12(f): 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

A lot of married men don’t believe they can rape their wives. They “paid” for it. So her personhood doesn’t matter after that.
Rape culture is promoted amongst Nigerian men ,it didn't just start today . The only thing that disgusts me is that in 2020 these men have still not evolved?

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by Ogagawhite(f): 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
Thk u genee and rita
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by GeneralPula: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
zicoraads:

Let's get serious.

Women are raped daily. Female kids are molested daily.

Only in 2019, Sokoto state had about 600 reported cases of rape. That's just one state.

Now if the female cases are being reported, why are the male ones not being reported?

I'm not saying males don't get raped. But in every 1 male raped, 20 females have been raped.

Secondly, we shouldn't bring male rape cases when incidents like these are being discussed. It comes across as being insensitive. We can discuss that of the males, but not today.

Today, condemn the men who rape and make your gender look like animals. It won't take anything away from you.

You see I’m not arguing about women getting raped..

All I’m saying is don’t ever think women get raped more than men because you find the report more on the media daily..
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by cococandy(f): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
Duggedised12:
Rape culture is promoted amongst Nigerian men ,it didn't just start today . The only thing that disgusts me is that in 2020 these men have still not evolved?

Disheartening that women are not exempt from rape culture behaviors too.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by skyfather09(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
Angelfrost:
11 men raping one child??! Haba!!!

At what point did we turn to India??!... House of Assembly, over to you!!!... Show us that you are not truly dead among the living! That you are not rubber stamped zombies!!!... Pass harsh laws that will put a stop to this nonsense!

I recommend life jail terms for violent and serial rapists... Then, minimum of 10 to 15 years for first time offenders...

Judiciary!!! Wake up from your protracted slumber!!!... Rapists are increasing because they feel the laws have always been, and will always be too lenient for their crimes... I have seen caught rapists who felt not a single ounce of remorse. Things have got to forcefully change...

Take a look at America... Would those officers have had the balls to do what they did in broad daylight, if a very harsh punitive judicial antecedent had been set for earlier offences??! We all know the answer to this.

11 men?? Omo which kind life be this... and this arseholes go get sisters fa

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by zicoraads: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
GeneralPula:

You see I’m not arguing about women getting raped..

All I’m saying is don’t ever think women get raped more than men because you find the report more on the media daily..
Women get raped more than men.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by GeneralPula: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
zicoraads:

Women get raped more than men.

I hear you
Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by Duggedised12(f): 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

Disheartening that women are not exempt from rape culture behaviors too.
I am exhausted commenting on topics like this. we keep talking but nothing seems to be changing ,these crimes keep getting heinous by the day.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Rita Dominic React To Rape Of Uwa, Jennifer And Tina by cococandy(f): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
Duggedised12:
I am exhausted commenting on topics like this .. we keep talking but nothing seems to be changing ,these crimes keep getting heinous by the day.
as am I. sad

This topic is receiving attention because of the girl/s involved and the circumstances . If it was a lady who doesn’t fit the meek and docile description, they wouldn’t have put this much energy into it. Like those one deserve it somehow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lekki Yahoo Boys Now Rent Houses For Their 'babalawos' In The Area-twitter Users / Wife Pours Hot Water On Her Husband In Jos For Marrying A Second Wife (Pics) / Man Killed And Butchered On His First Wedding Anniversary (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.