Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Add Other Useless Nigeria Domain Registrars Like Smartweb To This List - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Add Other Useless Nigeria Domain Registrars Like Smartweb To This List (227 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Is On This List Anticipated Free Update For This Week / 25 Best Domain Registrars To Purchase Your Domain From: A Comprehensive Guide / See How Many Nigerian Based Startup Made This List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Add Other Useless Nigeria Domain Registrars Like Smartweb To This List by Mobilize: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
I be short here.

1. Imagine you 'registered' an available domain name with a registrar, and paid. You went about your business developing the site. 2 weeks later you entered your panel. Bust - domain name not registered in your panel! What the bubu!!! You went on to check the name. Bump. The name is now registered by someone else.

This is Nigeria, no thanks to Smartweb.

2. You want to transfer your domain name away. 2 weeks and they've not released the name. You called all their 5 listed lines, none is working, and your name is in pending transfer, the other company say ask them to release the name. Yet you can't reach them. You got their chat, you're so annoyed. They ask you to open ticket. You opened ticket (just to transfer a domain name - a process that is automatic the world over, but no, this is Nigeria). Hours, no response, no domain name release.

Therefore I give you my unwanted and unrequested advice.
- If you value your domain name or website, stay away - infact DON'T EVEN ever think there is a company called Smartweb. You will lose your precious name and waste your time.

I still have more of their madness - like suspending domain name, yes. Suspending domain name; despite the name not hosted with them. But just because you registered the name through them, they also wanna flex. Shittyhost or is ShitHost or is ShitholeHost? Whatever. That tag belongs to Smartweb. Or do you know any other company?

By the way, they are running out of Jos. Jos is a cool place but those guys are making Jos look backward!
Re: Add Other Useless Nigeria Domain Registrars Like Smartweb To This List by Mobilize: 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
Update: Shitweb hasn't sorted the mess yet, and no response to ticket

This is who I am talking about ....

Re: Add Other Useless Nigeria Domain Registrars Like Smartweb To This List by Mobilize: 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
About 4:30pm, I went to chat with them again. I have a PDF of the chat but there's no point posting that.

At 5:58, the dunces sent this:

Thank you for choosing smart web and we appreciate you for being with us. Kindly let us know if you are encountering any challenge with us managing your domain name? why will you want to transfer the domain name out from us? let us know what is the issue is to have it resolved.

You are our esteem and valued customer and we would not want to lose you.

For Sales/Support Call:
070090009000, 073290952, 073291085, 08051897087, 08160991111, 08035905422

Best Regards
Martha John
Level 1
Support Operator

I've been on the matter since 7:00am. Just because I want to transfer a domain name? And that is the stupid response?

This time I will really go the extent with these crap.

(1) (Reply)

USB Dongle (modem) Needed / Employee Time Attendance System By Teso Tech / Learn A Technical Skills &start Making Money With LYNDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.