Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

EDO 2020: Oshiomhole Plots To Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDO 2020: Oshiomhole Plots To Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue.... (289 Views)

Edo 2020: Oshiomhole Lauds Supreme Court, Congratulates Obaseki / APC NWC May Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue / #SackBuhari: Lai Mohammed Begs Nigerians To Pardon Buhari Over Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EDO 2020: Oshiomhole Plots To Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue.... by OlikaRay: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
News going around ahead of the June 22 governorship primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, there are fears that the Edo State Governor Godwin Mr. Obaseki who seeks for a second term as governor of Edo State could be disqualified from running for the primary election by the screening committee that was set up by the national lead­ership of APC.

According to the source who didn’t want his identity disclosed said that there is a sure likelihood that the current governor may not scale through the screening session of the APC, if Adams Oshiomhole`s plot to embarrass the governor succeeds and if this happens, it will scuttle his chances of becoming the party’s flag bearer in the September 19 gubernatorial election.

According to our inside source, the party wants to ensure that the event that happened in Bayelsa state does not happen in Edo state. Recall that the Supreme Court nullified the victory of David Lyon, the governor-elect, on the grounds that his running mate, Senator Biobarakumo Degi-Eremienyo, who presented a forged certificate to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). In other words, the National Working Committee is trying to prevent a reoccurrence.

He said’: “The national chairman and his group want to use some lack of original certif­icates to disqualify Governor Godwin Obaseki at the screening but how far he can go...

https://olikareportersnews.com/edo-2020-oshiomhole-plots-to-screen-out-obaseki-over-certificate-issue-he-remains-resolute-govs-aide/

Re: EDO 2020: Oshiomhole Plots To Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue.... by Emmacolinho(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
It won't work
Re: EDO 2020: Oshiomhole Plots To Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue.... by PureGoldh(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
Let's wait and see how it goes
Re: EDO 2020: Oshiomhole Plots To Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue.... by 1realBobby(m): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
I laugh in tongues
Re: EDO 2020: Oshiomhole Plots To Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue.... by cosef: 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
dirty politics.

BTW, who submits an original certificate to a political party where he could possibly have enemies? What if the certificate disappears overnight, burnt in a planned arson?

I can never submit my originals to any political party or even INEC that have their offices burnt everyday. I show you the certificate, you sight it, I give you the photocopy. I will not keep my originals with anyone as long as we are in Nigeria. Except there is a court order in which it will be documented that it is in the possession of the court.

(1) (Reply)

APC Will Floor PDP In Bayelsa Senatorial Rerun / COVID-19: Nigerian Govt Threatens To Shut Down Church Buildings, Mosques Once Mo / Soyinka : Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.