Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? (807 Views)

This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / 13-Year-Old Aba House Help Jumps Down From 2-Storey Building To Evade Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by adoreyou(m): 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
Could the present punishment for rapists according to our law be enough to deter others. What do you think should be the ideal punishment for a rapist by your standard?As for me nothing can give assurance of eradicating rapists aside life imprisonment.
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by SeverusSnape(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Castrate them and sentence them for life. That's fair enough.

If he/she killed the victim in the process, Then the person should be castrated and executed 6 months later.
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by NoIgboSoundTueh: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
adoreyou:
Could the present punishment for rapists according to our law be enough to deter others. What do you think should be the ideal punishment for a rapist by your standard?As for me nothing can give assurance of eradicating rapists aside life imprisonment.
5 years imprisonment and if the victim die he should rot forever in jail
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by AllenSpencer: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Death sentence.

And body parts should be preserved for those who might need them.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by bukatyne(f): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
First, you need to differentiate the different instances of rape.

A boy of 18 sleeping with his 16yr old girlfriend is statutory rape.

A boy who 'insists' on sex after his girlfriend 'withdrew' her consent after having a earth shattering organism during pre-intimacy can be accused of rape.

A boy who drugged a girl and raped her because she is 'chopping' his money is rape.

A boy who thought he was seeing green light from the half naked girl in his room is called a rapist.

A boy who dragged a random girl walking down the street into a corner is a rapist

A boy who rapes a baby is a rapist

Etc

I however do not think they deserve same punishment.

I wouldn't punish some at all as rapists (1 & 2).

You can flip the script for women too.
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
if they are found guilty of raping a babe (not the 18yr old who has sex with his 16yr old gf o) DEATH... no questions asked.
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
[quote author=bukatyne post=90197065]First, you need to differentiate the different instances of rape.

A boy who 'insists' on sex after his girlfriend 'withdrew' her consent after having a earth shattering organism during pre-intimacy can be accused of rape.

A boy who drugged a girl and raped her because she is 'chopping' his money is rape.

A boy who thought he was seeing green light from the half naked girl in his room is called a rapist.

A boy who dragged a random girl walking down the street into a corner is a rapist

Etc

[/quote...
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
This ball will be decided in the court, as rape cases differs, so is the judgement. However, justice would be served..

#SayNoToRape
#SayNoToAbuse
#EndRape

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by ojun50(m): 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Tie rope into there dick and tie it to a moving car. For 1hour
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by sisisioge: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
You would have mentioned what the present punishment for rapist is in naija.

I think 15yrs without parole.
Murder on the other hand should be death penalty.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Hathor5(f): 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
Wolgrace:
This ball will be decided in the court, as rape cases differs, so is the judgement. However, justice would be served..

#SayNoToRape
#SayNoToAbuse
#EndRape

I agree.
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Bartork(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Castration and rape (they should be dashed out to Gay men as palliative)

Sex is almost free everywhere

Why rape and then kill in a horrible way.
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by HoliMaree: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Using a nail on both balls then passing a pin through the cap of the dek
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
adoreyou:

The same for thieves, liars, etc and you. What separate people are time, chance and environment, all are capable of the same thing to the same degree at some point.A pesewa stolen has ruined a life in some instances as a rape. All are guilt, there is not one who does right, no not one. So i say to all turn to Christ, He alone can turn a man around. Deterrence is futile if the root of the rot abides in you.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by cococandy(f): 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why do you think gay men would want them?

Bartork:
Castration and rape (they should be dashed out to Gay men as palliative)

Sex is almost free everywhere

Why rape and then kill in a horrible way.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by cococandy(f): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Dignity5:

The same for thieves, liars, etc and you. What separate people are time, chance and environment, all are capable of the same thing to the same degree at some point. A pesewa stolen has ruined a life in some instances as a rape . All are guilt, there is not one who does right, no not one. So i say to all turn to Christ, He alone can turn a man around. Deterrence is futile if the root of the rot abides in you.

Not everyone is capable of rape no matter the circumstances.

And a stolen dime (even in some cases a stolen life savings) has not the potential to ruin a life like a rape.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Bola146(f): 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
Just cut the long pencil and live the two balls alone grin grin
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by DeeMain(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
bukatyne:
First, you need to differentiate the different instances of rape.

Etc

Apart from the first example you gave which I think should have some lighter sentence, all the others listed by you deserve very harsh punishments.

Bukatyne, you are also part of the problem. No should mean No. Nothing should justify rape. Nothing whatsoever!!!

4 Likes

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
Wolgrace:

#SayNoToRape
#SayNoToAbuse
#EndRape

Bless you.
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Palehair: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

I think he meant that gay men should do to them what they did to women. Let the law of karma take place and let them experience the pain the women went through.
Reminds me of a 2013 case that happened in the UK about 3 Nigerian burglars who have been stealing from a particular village in London. Apparently, they met their waterloo when they burgled and raped a woman who's gay brother who was a muscular and huge bouncer who also just returned from prison. After they did it the first time, they went back hoping to steal and loot some more, to their dismay, the woman wasn't home as she's a flight attendant leaving only her gay brother at home. This guy kidnapped all three men, raped and tortured them for 8 days straight. It was terrible. It was a neighbor who have been hearing voices from the man's attic that alerted the police. All 3 men were deported back to Naija, turns out they've overstayed their welcome in the UK, one killed himself as he couldn't live with the shame (when a woman is raped, people see it as normal but when a man is raped especially by another man, everything have been taken from that man, his pride as a man, his masculinity, he's now seen as a joke, as less than a woman, I guess that's why he chose to end it all), the other is in a psychiatric hospital till date as we speak while the last one limps till date as he was married before but his wife left him immediately he was deported and even took their kids with her
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by cococandy(f): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Well I’d say gay rapists.

Because not all gay men would be interested in raping them in return except their fellow rapists who just happened to be gay. The reason why I spoke up is because gay men get a bad rap just for who they love. People shouldn’t make it worse by casually implying they wouldn’t mind raping bad people. That poster is not the first person to casually drop that line.

To your story, I have no sympathy for them. yikes .
Palehair:

I think he meant that gay men should do to them what they did to women. Let the law of karma take place and let them experience the pain the women went through.
Reminds me of a 2013 case that happened in the UK about 3 Nigerian burglars who have been stealing from a particular village in London. Apparently, they met their waterloo when they burgled and raped a woman who's gay brother who was a muscular and huge bouncer who also just returned from prison. After they did it the first time, they went back hoping to steal and loot some more, to their dismay, the woman wasn't home as she's a flight attendant leaving only her gay brother at home. This guy kidnapped all three men, raped and tortured them for 8 days straight. It was terrible. It was a neighbor who have been hearing voices from the man's attic that alerted the police. All 3 men were deported back to Naija, turns out they've overstayed their welcome in the UK, one killed himself as he couldn't live with the shame (when a woman is raped, people see it as normal but when a man is raped especially by another man, everything have been taken from that man, his pride as a man, his masculinity, he's now seen as a joke, as less than a woman, I guess that's why he chose to end it all), the other is in a psychiatric hospital till date as we speak while the last one limps till date as he was married before but his wife left him immediately he was deported and even took their kids with her

1 Like

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Bartork(m): 11:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
cococandy:

They don't need to want them

They would just be qualified to rape them and let them suffer similar pain
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Palehair: 4:58am On Jun 02, 2020
cococandy:
Well I’d say gay rapists.

Because not all gay men would be interested in raping them in return except their fellow rapists who just happened to be gay. The reason why I spoke up is because gay men get a bad rap just for who they love. People shouldn’t make it worse by casually implying they wouldn’t mind raping bad people. That poster is not the first person to casually drop that line.

To your story, I have no sympathy for them. yikes .
Now I get what you mean. People assume all gay men are rapists and you are definitely right. I've seen three similar post like that on this thread. Obviously, they think they will be doing gay men a service by giving them these straight rapists.
As for the story, I also felt no sympathy for them at first but when I found out one of them killed himself and the other is in a psychiatric hold, I was a bit loose while the rapist only served 3 years. Rape is really a terrible thing
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by jidamsel43(m): 6:52am On Jun 02, 2020
Rapists should be rehabilitated before given any punishment
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by zed7: 7:06am On Jun 02, 2020
Rape is rape. The issue is how do we prove rape beyond all reasonable doubt? Most rape happen with no witnesses. If you put life imprisonment or death sentence then many people will use it to frame people up.

I once left a girlfriend who said she was raped but didn't want to prosecute. She kept making excuses why she didn't want to take it up and even started giving excuse for the guy. I left her because I felt it was actually consensual and after realizing what she did she now wanted to term it rape.

The rape issue is dicey. Except you have a camera showing the action and recording their voices, you can't really tell what happened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by crackkland: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2020
zed7:
Rape is rape. The issue is how do we prove rape beyond all reasonable doubt? Most rape happen with no witnesses. If you put life imprisonment or death sentence then many people will use it to frame people up.

The rape issue is dicey. Except you have a camera showing the action and recording their voices, you can't really tell what happened.
This is what most people don't quite realize, shouting "justice justice, punishment punishment" doesn't remove from the fact that rape crimes are one of the hardest to prove in court.

With the exception of gang-rape incidents like the recent case of Uwa which shows beyond all reasonable doubt that the victim was raped, rape incidents that involve just one male and another female accusing him, will hardly even get to trial.

Based on correlating multiple data sources, RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) estimates that for every 1,000 rapes, 384 are reported to police, 57 result in an arrest, 11 are referred for prosecution, 7 result in a felony conviction, and 6 result in incarceration.

Now that is rape statistics for the US where one could ignorantly claim that rape should be easy to prove... yet, notice how the numbers are low - from 384 reported out of 1000, only 57 result in an arrest and out of that, just 7 get a conviction, and then only 6 of them will make it to prison.

If rape does not involve multiple men, or led to some serious injury or death of the victim, most rape accusations will simply end up as a case of 'she said, and he said...' OR 'who was/went where, and why was he/she there...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Mariangeles(f): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2020
DeeMain:

Apart from the first example you gave which I think should have some lighter sentence, all the others listed by you deserve very harsh punishments.

Bukatyne, you are also part of the problem. No should mean No. Nothing should justify rape. Nothing whatsoever!!!

You think case number 2 should be treated as the other rape incidents?
Would it be fair on the man? undecided
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Mariangeles(f): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2020
Palehair:

Reminds me of a 2013 case that happened in the UK about 3 Nigerian white burglars who have been stealing from a particular village in London. Apparently, they met their waterloo when they burgled and raped a woman who's gay brother who was a muscular and huge bouncer who also just returned from prison. After they did it the first time, they went back hoping to steal and loot some more, to their dismay, the woman wasn't home as she's a flight attendant leaving only her gay brother at home. This guy kidnapped all three men, raped and tortured them for 8 days straight. It was terrible. It was a neighbor who have been hearing voices from the man's attic that alerted the police. All 3 men were deported back to Naija, turns out they've overstayed their welcome in the UK, one killed himself as he couldn't live with the shame (when a woman is raped, people see it as normal but when a man is raped especially by another man, everything have been taken from that man, his pride as a man, his masculinity, he's now seen as a joke, as less than a woman, I guess that's why he chose to end it all), the other is in a psychiatric hospital till date as we speak while the last one limps till date as he was married before but his wife left him immediately he was deported and even took their kids with her
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2020
adoreyou:

Forceful and Violent Rape- Forceful Castration and Damages (compensation).

All others should be carefully examined to find out all their Wrongs and then the Compensatory Punishments Applied, that is Damages and Imprisonment where ever the Just is, Shall Be!

Modified!
Prison is a Scam! Wrong-Doers should be Hotly Dealt with by the Community who suffered the wrong, after the Just is has been settled.

Just observed that the Bible Never Recommended Prison for any Criminal. It only issued out the highest Judgements on the Case.

You get what you give, with increase or interest!
Re: Let's Be The Judge.what Type Of Punishment Do Rapists Deserve? by DeeMain(m): 10:45am On Jun 02, 2020
Mariangeles:

You think case number 2 should be treated as the other rape incidents?
Would it be fair on the man? undecided

At any point she decides to decline penetration or further sex hold your fire, hold your own body. It's her body, she has all rights to it. She is the landlord of her estate(her body, her spirit and her soul). Respect that. Honour that.

You can beg, you can seduce, you can get angry but do not penetrate or assault her forcefully without her permission. On no account must you forcefully assault her sexually.

Is permission too hard to understand?

Without the landlord's permission any other thing is violation. It's desecration. It's rape, the rape and desecration and violation of a human spirit, soul and body. It is evil. It's inhuman. It should be condemned by all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Neatly Used Rug For Sale / Quality Duvet And Bed Sheet / 'I Want To Make Him A Dad For The First Time'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.