Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer, Enough Of The Emotions - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer, Enough Of The Emotions (502 Views)

Is He Serious Or Just Playing With My Emotions / Justice For Uwa: Police Arrest Suspect Of Uniben Student / Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula: "Uwa Brown Is A Dirty Liar, Blackmailer" - Osa Osula Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer, Enough Of The Emotions by mcdokwe(m): 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
The blogosphere has been awash with outpouring emotions against the crimes perpetuated against the unfortunate trio.

Whereas it is a gender based crime, it is more a crime against humanity, hence no need to tag along the gender rope whilst speaking up against it.
As a man, I am first a son to a mother, a woman, a brother to a girl, a lover to a lady and then a father to a daughter.
Even though I am not liable to be a direct victim to a rape case, but I'd feel as much pain should any of the above become a victim.
Uwa might be gone and free from the momentary pain she could have felt but the trauma of the horrendous fate she suffered will forever haunt those who have come to love her and truly, the moral burden of ensuring her/their assailants are brought to justice lies on us all because if the culprits are allowed to remain on the loose, we can never tell who the next victim might be.

My submission is that rather than the weightless outpour of emotions, we all need to be asking the right questions and doing the right things.

We need to build institutions we can always rely on and then ask the following question.

How isolated is the scene of the crime from human activities? Is it possible there's supposed to be someone within an earshot that should or could have heard her scream?
Is there someone whose daily lives revolves around the scene of the crime?
Is it her normal routine?
Could she have been trailed or it was a chance meeting between her assailants and herself?
Was the vicious attack a buildup to the rape or done in order to cover trails?

considering the crime was perpetuated by adults with possible biometric signatures, are the authorities deploying forensic tools in unravelling the crime?

#sexisnotallthatmatters
#justiceforthetrio
#justiceforall
#strongerinstitutions
Re: Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer, Enough Of The Emotions by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good one.

Emotions do not solve a problem.

Further investigations really need to be done in Uwa's case.

There is more to the story than meets the eye.

Pressure on the Church authorities and neighbors around the Church should yield results.

And I agree with you that it should not be treated as a gender based crime.

I remember when QC girls were raping their male staff. I vividly remember a security man who was killed in the act.

1 Like

Re: Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer, Enough Of The Emotions by LordKO(m): 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
bukatyne:
Good one.

Pressure on the Church authorities and neighbors around the Church should yield results.

I remember when QC girls were raping their male staff. I vividly remember a security man who was killed in the act.

One cup of chilled water for you.
Re: Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer, Enough Of The Emotions by Emekaossai(m): 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
bukatyne:
Good one.

I don't know you, but I respect you. You comments are always reasonable.

(1) (Reply)

Earn 31k+ Monthly Without Referral or selling In CHY Mall / Sairui mall / Hand/power Tools For Sale. / My Take On Paternity And DNA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.