Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce (384 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce by Paul8344(m): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
One of my sisters had issues with the husband on December and it resulted to a divorce; she has two kids: the first child is 6years and the second child is 2 years. The husband forcefully took the children away from her. Can she legally collect the children so that she will take good care of them till they grow?
Re: Divorce by Foodqueen(f): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Everybody just de post story on behalf of another person. Na waoh!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Divorce by Righteousness89(m): 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
LORD JESUS, Heal our Homes! Heal our Marriages! Heal our Men and Women in JESUS Name..

1 Like

Re: Divorce by Millenniumlady(f): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Sure she can take him to court.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce by crackkland: 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
First, they should get divorced LEGALLY. Every other thing will work itself out through that process.

5 Likes

Re: Divorce by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Yes, I don't see why not.
Re: Divorce by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
Paul8344:
One of my sisters had issues with the husband on December and it resulted to a divorce; she has two kids: the first child is 6years and the second child is 2 years. The husband forcefully took the children away from her. Can she legally collect the children so that she will take good care of them till they grow?
Are they not her children? She has every right to go to court and fight to get her children back!
Re: Divorce by HoliMaree: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
Paul8344:

Yes
Re: Divorce by Newboss(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
You do realize the children are as much the man's children as they're the woman's?

They are not legally divorced. Child custody is part of divorce proceedings. She should file for divorce in court. In the filing, she should demand for child custody, among other things

1 Like

Re: Divorce by Oluromantic: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
I won't contribute any advice in divorce matter. I can only wish they both come together as one again

1 Like

Re: Divorce by Mineisgrace(f): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
Depending on what led to the divorce, she may not be able to get the custody of her children.

I hope she is able to tho. Patriarchy is very strong in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

2006 Toyota 4 Runner Available For Sale / I Need A Prayer Partner / Are They Twins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.