Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,925 members, 7,863,270 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:09 PM

Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral (2070 Views)

Jackie Appiah Denies Being Pregnant For George Weah, Liberia's President / 'Jackie Appiah Is Pregnant For George Weah, Liberia’s President'- Aba The Great / Maheeda Seduces Floyd Mayweather: "Come Let's Do The Main Boxing In Bed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by olufemijason: 4:19am On Jun 02, 2020
Former boxing champion Floyd Mayweather has offered to pay for George Floyd’s funeral and memorial services, and the family has accepted the offer.

Mayweather personally has been in touch with the family, according to Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions. He will handle costs for the funeral on June 9 in Floyd’s hometown of Houston, as well as other expenses.

Floyd, a black man, died May 25 after a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck while Floyd was handcuffed and saying that he couldn’t breathe. His death sparked protests in Minneapolis and around the country, some of which became violent.

TMZ originally reported Mayweather’s offer, and said he will also pay for services in Minnesota and North Carolina.

“He’ll probably get mad at me for saying that, but yes, he is definitely paying for the funeral,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com on Monday.

Mayweather, who lives in Las Vegas, has not met the Floyd family.

Mayweather, who retired undefeated after 50 fights, winning five division titles, also paid for the funeral of an opponent. Mayweather won his first world championship when he stopped Genaro Hernandez for the WBC super featherweight title in 1998. Hernandez died 13 years later of cancer, and Mayweather handled funeral expenses.

Mayweather is considered one of the best boxers of his generation. Among the champion boxers he defeated before retiring in 2017, are Manny Pacquiao, Canelo Alvarez, Oscar de la Hoya and Miguel Cotto.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by jeffizy(m): 4:26am On Jun 02, 2020
Floyd got Floyd's back.

Nice gesture from him if it's not for clout.
I know Mayweather and showoff are Siamese twins.
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by galaxy2020(m): 4:30am On Jun 02, 2020
Is a good one, he should also support the family financially including other good people of the world, the family will need it.

1 Like

Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 02, 2020
Nice
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by Untainted007: 5:05am On Jun 02, 2020
That's a nice gesture. But my prayer is that, death will not make me popular than I shud be while alive. Yoruba people will say "Mi o ni fi iku lo Kiki"

4 Likes

Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by Karemarealty288(m): 5:09am On Jun 02, 2020
More feathers for Mayweather.

Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by godkiller(m): 5:23am On Jun 02, 2020
Really nice.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by MaestroID(m): 5:38am On Jun 02, 2020
BROTHER WATCHING OVER A BROTHER
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by partnerinbiz4: 5:53am On Jun 02, 2020
i love this
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by lereinter(m): 8:41am On Jun 02, 2020
Lolzzzzz

When he was struggling in life doing odd jobs we no see Mayweather

What is the use of the dead body when the spirit has gone

How many living blacks has he aided?

Blacks are the same all over, just like in nigeria, they offer to buy the biggest cow for burial, but when he was sick no one will offer to assist with money

What a irony

1 Like

Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by MajesticKris: 8:41am On Jun 02, 2020
No Blow wen U Die..
Blow wen U dey Alive

2 Likes

Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by BrutalJab: 9:50am On Jun 02, 2020
lereinter:

Lolzzzzz

Blacks are the same all over, just like in nigeria, they offer to buy the biggest cow for burial, but when he was sick no one will offer to assist with money

What a irony

How many billions of black people can Mayweather help?

How many people have you helped? Your parents and family members are probably suffering in the village.
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by BrutalJab: 9:51am On Jun 02, 2020
jeffizy:
Floyd got Floyd's back.
Nice gesture from him if it's not for clout. I know Mayweather and showoff are Siamese twins.
Clout or not, as long as he helps.

Help someone and show off too.
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by Vyzz: 10:07am On Jun 02, 2020
That's how we floyd
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Abegi enough with news of this dead Americans. Everybody will simply milk this situation of money and fame. Media houses are masturrbating finally they've seen something to report
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Giver spotted..
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by lereinter(m): 9:24am On Jun 03, 2020
BrutalJab:

How many billions of black people can Mayweather help?

How many people have you helped? Your parents and family members are probably suffering in the village.

Your father and mother too are also suffering, Mayweather will finance their burial
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by BrutalJab: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2020
lereinter:

My father and mother too are also suffering, Mayweather will finance their burial

Same way he paid for yours. grin
Re: Boxer Floyd Mayweather To Pay For George Floyd's Funeral by Eryyy92: 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
lereinter:

Lolzzzzz

What a irony
bro no talk wetin you know Sabi
Floyd Mayweather dey help his fellow black

(1) (Reply)

“stop Calling Me A Reality TV Star, I’m A ‘soon To Be’ Award Winning Actress” / Mercy Is Now A Spilt Milk- Bbnaija Ike Tell His Fans. / 19-year-old Nigerian Man Shows Off His 71-year-old ‘sugar Daddy’ (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.