Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria (6985 Views)

4 Port Gsm Voip Gateway + Sip And H.323 Protocol For Ip Pbx(intercom) Asterisk / GSM & IP Telecom Protocol & Network Analyzer For Sale / Voice Over Internet Protocol (voip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by aytechaka: 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2011
Recently i was taking a critical look at the size of data in nigeria, and it really kept me wondering what we are doing with all this waste of data, over all the service provider networks, no one is making use of the data and billions like me are yearning for a use to satisfy my needs, then i thought of the
VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL-VOIP Market in Nigeria  its large , awesome does any one know whom can profer theis solution, price war have started in the nigerian mobile network,  really interesting, but the question is ARE THEY NOT STILL RIPPING US OFFOUR MONEY ? WHY DID IT TAKE SO SO LONG BEFORE THEY CAME UP WITH THIS WAR? Please any one out there with an establishment that gives the SLASH, because i will really be interested in the VOIP, as i make a lot of international and local calls on a daily basis.
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by goldenchips: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
You are right, They have just been making all the money from Nigerians and we need a way out. For instance, I am an education consultant and I make too many foreign calls. I spend an average of 2,500 credit daily on MTN and ETISALAT and 50% of calls I make are international calls. I call Ukraine the most and I am charged about 50 to 60 naira per minute, This is so so unfair, I need a way out. I want to start calling International for 10 naira or less and VOIP will be my best bet. Please can someone come up with something??
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by damola1: 11:38pm On Jan 20, 2011
skype services are there. Process is simple:

1. Get your debit card
2. Buy skype credit
3. Connect to internet and call, chikena.

You can of course search for other options, but am aware Glo has services that allows you to call Intl for as low as N10, this as been pretty popular for up to 10 years now, those calling card stuff, But just google it anyway, am sure you can find a services that allows you call wherever for N5 per min.

1 Like

Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by poske(m): 12:55am On Jan 21, 2011
Some of the hinderance to voip is low/slow bandwith. Unstable connections, unstable power and secure authentic payment services e.t.c

Voipfish is a service that can help plug the gap with some of these issues. We provide voip calling on your 3G enabled handsets (3G mtn/glo), P.C and laptops. We supply incoming US/U.K numbers and up to 35countries so you can be reached for free with very low usage of your dataplan. We can also build and setup callcentres too to help solve customer service issues.

Join our community register and make your request
http://voipfish.com/forum
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by solexdream: 10:44am On Jan 21, 2011
I agree that VOIP is really needed. My problem with skype is high bandwidth requirement of skype is about 64kbps which is really high and expensive for me so I really need a technology that will bring it down to say 9-13kbps. My only concern is I think a local VOIP company in Nigeria is needed because not many Nigerians will like to use their card to buy credit online. I will like to go to a bank and pay money then obtain the pin and load my account. Most of the companies I see are not based here, they are either in UK, US, UAE and when I have issues, they are never there. Its high time someone comes up with something that will compete globally and help solve our problems locally. I cant be buying credit in USD, GB etc and have banks finish me on forex exchange everyday. Also skype solution is damn expensive. Guys, lets share information if anyone has got a local solution for us.
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by poske(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2011
@solexdream thats what exactly voipfish is about low bandwith about 12kbs and you can buy our voucher for extension locally just to setup your connection thats all visit http://voipfish.com/forum and setup your 3Ghandset or P.C (works on 3Gmtn in internet cafes on your laptops e.t.c)

Voip can be used in so many ways, it depends on what your needs are and what your willing to pay for. The networks also want all the possible revenue they can get, so they are not very favourable to voipservices, thats another hinderance.
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by solexdream: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2011
@poems
Thanks for your help though I went through your website
and it practically did not offer me anything. I in particular need a
Voip product that is locally based in Nigeria. A company that I can trace their address to a location. I am tired of all these abroad based products.
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by admindim: 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2011
download on your xbox,psp,ps2,ps3, one game cost #500 each
list of games avilable
pes 2011 2010
fifa 11 winning 11
grandtheft auto
wrestling
mortal combact
street fighter
god hand
god of war 1,2,3
metal gear
spartan total warrior
terminator

up to 100 games avilable just tell us the game and we download it direct to your console playstation 2,3,psp and xbox180 and 360

brand new downloading flat playstation 2 up for sale with 5 games downloaded on console pes 2010, mortal compact ,god of war , wrestling ,car race and street fighter prize 31,000 notice it can only play original c.d please it can not play pirated onless it has being hacked

brand new ps 3 console flat 120gig to 250 63,000 to 80,000 thank for your patronage for more information call 08166117634 thanks god bless

brand new playstation 1 flat up for sale 14,000 each thanks

home delivery also avilable for download of games on ur console psp ps2 ps3 xbox thanks for ur patronage god bless u all bye happy weekend
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by aytechaka: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2011
i completely agree with, solex, the process is soo complex and difficult to access, please i need VOIP that is locally accessible, so when i have difficulty i can revert to some one.
Skype should not even be mentioned, cos i will have to make payment in dollars, and i need too much Bandwidth, please anyone, please anyone to assist .
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by poske(m): 3:28am On Jan 23, 2011
We can give you voip, we do incoming calls from U.K/US and more to your p.c or 3G handset. Visit voipfish.com and follow the p.c or mobile configuration.

We charge N4K per extension only. You can call other extensions for free anywhere in the world. It needs setting up, if you don't know how to follow instructions please indicate it on our forum and some one will come and instal it for you.
You can not callout of our service to direct phonelines only 3Gmobile or p.c (extensions) so you are never charged per/min fees so you/we have no credit risk hence we are able to deliver to the Nigerian market. Our service is unique so be patient in understanding what we deliver.

We also supply free test extensions so you can easily test our service, without any obligation. We are in it for the long term not "anyhow".

Our service has echo cancellation and will blend to your bandwith so those on 3G will use smaller packets and those on faster broader bandwith will auto use larger packets. All to save your dataplan.

http://www.voipfish.com/forum
Mobile setup and configuration can be found here, also

http://www.voipfish.com/windows-pc-configuration
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by Nairapay: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
This company can provide you voip service

Professional

Five accounts The Professional Plan is accompanied with FIVE accounts which can be used with five independent VoIP hardware devices or Communicator Softphone or Mobile Softphone dialer. Calling between registered users is free for both outbound and inbound calls. Additional voip accounts are available from as low as $10 per month per account.

Unlimited free outbound calling. View the list of covered destinations

One phone number Choose a number either from the Nigeria 01 , UK (London area) or the USA (Any International Number) . See inbound local numbers for details.

Additional phone numbers from around the world can be ordered from as low as $6 monthly for US number and $6 for UK London area.

Six channels are available for incoming calls. Simultaneously, six separate calls can be received on the users’ lines/SIP accounts. These calls can be received either via a device or through a softphones on a laptop/PC. Alternatively the calls can be sent to the PBX scenarios and then forwarded to an extension or voice mail. Calls can also be received on the mobile via the Vippie dialer. Additional channels for the US and UK can be ordered for only $2 per month.

Unlimited PBX extensions. One can map PBX inputs to different scenarios, one can play greetings or forward calls to external numbers or send the call to voice mail.

Add 0 800 toll free number From as low as $1 per month US toll free numbers are available. An activation fee $3 will be charged. Receiving calls through a US Toll Free number is billed at a rate of $0,039 per minute. To order a toll free number sign up to the plan and then purchase a selected number from the Portal/Virtual numbers menu.

SMS Messaging

Sending and receiving text messages is free among pbx users. Moreover users can send outbound SMS to external mobile phone numbers at very low rates.
The SMS can be sent to and from:

VoIP phones (they are displayed on LCD screen)
PC Communicator
Mobile softphones IPhone,Android,Windows Mobile,Symbian Nokia
Web Portal
Flash Desktop Agent

In the Portal you can also see the inbox and outbox with all SMS messages. They are stored there even if you are offline and not able to recieve SMS. Moreover you can configure the Notifications menu to deliver the incoming SMS to your mobile or email. So for example when you are away and not logged in you can have the pbx forward to you SMS from your collegues or from important customer to your mobile. Other SMSes from other customers can go to your email. You can define forwaring rules based on callerID (phone number of the person who has sent the sms)

Video SIP Calls

Users can make and receive video calls using h263 or h264 codecs which are supported by the most of the available video phones.

The phones can be also purchased from our Online Store.

This feature allows also for connecting SIP video cameras used for example in doorbell systems or for monitoring. In this case a camera should be registered as a pbx user. When someone rings or a camera detects a motion a call to your number is triggered.

Video SIP Calls

Users can make and receive video calls using h263 or h264 codecs which are supported by the most of the available video phones.

The phones can be also purchased from our Online Store.

This feature allows also for connecting SIP video cameras used for example in doorbell systems or for monitoring. In this case a camera should be registered as a pbx user. When someone rings or a camera detects a motion a call to your number is triggered.

Users and Company Structure

If you have the professional or premium plan you can create voip accounts for users – employees of your company. They are refered to as voip lines as from such accounts user can make and receive calls and is also covered by the monthly plan. There are certain number of voip accounts/lines for each of the plans, 5 lines for professional and 10 for premium. You can however add more lines at any moment at as low as $10 per month.

Users can be created from the Portal Users menu. Also you can create your company structure and divide it on branches and also departments. then on a graphical chart you can see in a glance all your users grouped in branches or departments and see their details along with associated extensions. Each user can have assigned his/her details, address and even a picture.

For each user you can also define rights to read, modify, add or delete for each menu of the Portal. For example some users may have access to Receptionist menu and can add own scenarios while others will not be allowed to see this menu. Also you can allow for example that particular users can order phone numbers etc. The user rights are defined in the Security menu in the Portal. You can define which action is allowed for each menu of the Portal.

Video Conferences Among Users

PBX users that belong to the same PBX account (company) can now communicate with each other using Video Conferencing extension of the Web Chat menu. Each of the pbx users can create a new conferencing room and then invite others to join. If they are equipped with cameras they can simply press Start Video button to be seen by other conference participants. Video conference rooms support multiple video sessions at the same time.

Palycoms, can offer almost any service
for more infos find out here http://www.palycoms.com/index.php?option=com_services&Itemid=98&lang=en

Business Solution
Mobile SIP- MVNO Solution

Pronto mobile convergence platform is a highly scalable carrier class Mobile VoIP solution which supports multiple Mobile operating systems like Symbian 3rd 5th edition, Windows Mobile, iPhone OS & Android. This multi services platform allows carriers to remotely deploy and manage mobile SIP Clients as well as PC Soft phones and Encrypted SIP devices as well.

Interoperability with standard SIP servers/ Feature servers.
Mobile services delivery and international roaming facilities on Wi-Fi and other IP networks.
Flexible branding and deployment options.
Fraud control by locking service provider settings to the soft phones.
SIP clients can be customized to support social networking functions to increase operator ARPU.
Multi platform capabilities (Symbian , Windows Mobile, iPhone, Android)
SMS Gateway integration available.

Class 5 Switching Solution
Palycoms Solution is a pre-integrated Platform aimed specifically at Broadband Service Providers and VoIP Application Service Providers, allowing them to host a wide range of differentiated telephony applications and accelerate their penetration into new, high-margin VoIP market.

This carrier-grade solution provides the scalability, reliability and manageability to easily support hundreds of thousands of premium-grade calls in a highly distributed network. With the advancement in technology as well as the customer acceptance and demands, Voice over Broadband is gaining momentum and this solution provides the shortest time-to-market to the Service Providers.

Subscribers call from various IP devices like ATAs, IP Phones, PCs, IP PBX and IADs and enjoy a unified service experience. This solution provides support for telephony features most often required by Residential, Enterprise and Call shops. This reduces operational costs for the Service Provider and helps them reach a wider subscriber base.

Hosted VoIP Solution

An absolute business solution for a group or a conglomerate having a large clientele base in a specific geographical area and a team of capable marketing people, wishing to explore the latest horizon of VOIP market. Understanding of the Telecom industry and a professional sales workforce is all that you need to have to enter the world of VoIP business solution, leveraging on Telservnet Managed Partitioning Services.

You just focus on selling and we take the responsibility of managing technical aspects of business.
Give a new dimension to your business without making any huge investment.
No hassle of setting up infrastructure, we have one of the best NGN solutions at your disposal.
Zero operational overheads as we own and operate the switching infrastructure.
Capacity augmentation on customer’s partition at a short notice.
Avail complete outsourced mediation support for CDR reconciliation.
We let our customers act as a dedicated switch and virtually own a part of switch
Access to our wholesale network with 150 Direct interconnects and transit switching with other carriers on the network.

if you want to signup as a normal user choose retail client. and for company choose pbx http://www.palycoms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134

they offer payment in local naira currency

regards
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by voiponeclick: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2012
[VoipOneClick is an open source application to make FREE ENCRYPTED VOIP calls.

It does use the TLS protocol to encrypt the information call (caller id /called id), and the SRTP protocol to encrypt the audio communication.

VoipOneClick allows to dial and receive mobile voice calls that cannot be intercepted.

It is the only encryption application that guarantees high voice quality without delay even when it is used on mobile networks 3g/Umts.

VoipOneClick works on every wifi/mobile 3g/satellite and everywhere there is an internet connection.

The application will be ready to be used just after the download without any configuration or registration.

To make encrypted calls both parties should use VoipOneClick but you can make calls with improved privacy even to normal phone numbers.

It works even when the Voip is banned from local internet provider if used together with our VPN service VpnOneClick (http://www.vpnoneclick.com).

Actually it’s available for iPhone/Ipad (from ios 4.x), any phone/tablet using Android Operating System 2.3.3 up to 4.x , and for Windows (Xp,Vista,7 and cool. Furthermore the versions for Blackberry/ Mac/ Linux are under active development.

VoipOneClick.com
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by voiponeclick: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2012
[
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by buchistars: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2013
VoIP (“Voice over Internet Protocol”) is the means to make

phone calls over the Internet instead of the traditional way

of making phone calls through landlines or cellular towers.

As long as the user is traveling to a place with Internet

access or have access to our hotline in Nigeria , then they have the ability to stay connected to

their family and friends back home. For more information write to info@echioservices.com
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by hyperms: 11:32am On Nov 12, 2013
SIP Trunking - Capitalize on VoIP Call Traffic Volumes

The growing demand for converting between VoIP and PSTN networks has given birth to the VoIP termination business model.
SIP trunking allows taking part in the lucrative market for VoIP services, and to offer low call rates to businesses for routing calls between ISDN BRI or E1/T1 PRI to the IP networks. SIP trunks enable direct connection to an Internet Telephony Service provider (ITSP) for benefiting from increased calling capacity at generally more attractive prices. Interested? [url=http://www.hyperms.com/form/Contact_us_product_list?product=SIP%20Trunking]Contact Us![/url]

SIP Trunks Offer:
• A fixed-line alternative
• Expanded IP reach
• Significant cost-savings
• PSTN backup/failover
• Quick deployment

Hypermedia SIP trunks are linked up to the PBX phone system using VoIP interfaces, and can either replace the access to the fixed line provider, or enable an additional voice path.
Ideal for alternative service providers and call origination / call termination vendors, SIP trunking is also relevant to large corporate enterprises who have high volumes of VoIP traffic.

Now, featuring new – Economical 320 SIMs Gateways:
320 SIM-based Box for SMS / VoIP - Best performance ever!

Complete GSM/SMS device with three times more SIM storage [/b]capacity and [b]SIM Management features in one box.

For more product info visit here

Ask about our early bird special

Cheers,
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by arpitsonishree: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Christmas Offers!!! Voice SMS as low as 4.5 NGN[/size]

We provide most reliable, efficient and cost effective solutions so that everyone could take advantage
of our mass notification system using voice SMS.

We offer cloud-based voice solutions to customers, agents, resellers and distributors.

Way2VoiceSMS helps you to target audience by providing Voice Broadcasting tools, Robocalls features,
Automated Surveys , Live Transfers, Notifications and Text-To-Speech broadcasts services.

For more details please visit www.way2voicesms.com

email: arpit.soni@way2voicesms.com
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by RapidBTS: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Professional IVR voice over

We offer professional voice recordings & professional voice over services From IVR prompts and voice overs to voicemail messaging, auto attendant, business narration and Voice Branding, we connect companies with their audience in any language, any media and any market

Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2015
hyperms:
SIP Trunking - Capitalize on VoIP Call Traffic Volumes

The growing demand for converting between VoIP and PSTN networks has given birth to the VoIP termination business model.
SIP trunking allows taking part in the lucrative market for VoIP services, and to offer low call rates to businesses for routing calls between ISDN BRI or E1/T1 PRI to the IP networks. SIP trunks enable direct connection to an Internet Telephony Service provider (ITSP) for benefiting from increased calling capacity at generally more attractive prices. Interested? [url=http://www.hyperms.com/form/Contact_us_product_list?product=SIP%20Trunking]Contact Us![/url]

SIP Trunks Offer:
• A fixed-line alternative
• Expanded IP reach
• Significant cost-savings
• PSTN backup/failover
• Quick deployment

Hypermedia SIP trunks are linked up to the PBX phone system using VoIP interfaces, and can either replace the access to the fixed line provider, or enable an additional voice path.
Ideal for alternative service providers and call origination / call termination vendors, SIP trunking is also relevant to large corporate enterprises who have high volumes of VoIP traffic.

Now, featuring new – Economical 320 SIMs Gateways:
320 SIM-based Box for SMS / VoIP - Best performance ever!

Complete GSM/SMS device with three times more SIM storage [/b]capacity and [b]SIM Management features in one box.

For more product info visit here

Ask about our early bird special

Cheers,

Are you in nigeria?
Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by CubixNG: 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
VoIP PBX distributor in Nigeria, Africa - RapidSip Telecommunications Limited – authorized distributor in Nigeria, a supplier of VoIP hardware and VoIP phone systems, IP PBX appliances Intercoms

Re: Voice Over Internet Protocol-voip Market In Nigeria by Bublens: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2022
Depending on what your employees prefer to use, there are VOIP systems that are installed only on a PC, and there are those that can be installed both on a PC and on a phone. We chose just such a system, for the reason that it is more convenient for all employees to use it. We contacted this company for voip phone system https://1voicetech.com/solutions/voip integration. We like it the most. Especially in terms of functionality.

(1) (Reply)

‎6 Months Free Blackberry Subscription From Etisalat Nigeria / Get Airtel 80mb 4 Just 100 / Convert Your Airtime/recharge Cards To Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.