Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace (12395 Views)

Poll: Do you like AGBADA dress code for International gathering?

YES, I DO: 52% (58 votes)
NO, NOT AT ALL: 19% (21 votes)
IT IS BASED ON ONE'S DESIRE: 28% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Nigeria Is Bigger Than Any Politicians / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by folahann(m): 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2007
Why don't you tell the white man to wear Agbada whiles coming to Nigeria b'cos you want Yar'Adua to wear suit whiles he's away.
Leaving important things for unnessary things
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by sholashola: 2:27am On Dec 19, 2007
let them be as long as that is how they want and besides, the UN is not complaining about one international uniform. For school boys?. We as a country should be concerned about a lot of other things other than how someone dresses or did not dress.If another (future) Nigerian president want to wear suit, what is our business??
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 20, 2007
This is one of the most stupid threads I've read in a long time.

Get this straight, NO NIGERIAN LEADER is going to stop wearing Nigerian traditional attire. END OF.

Now, if you've got a special problem with that, KINDLY TEAR UP YOUR PASSPORT, and go QUEUE at the Dutch/Italian/Swiss, Australian or German embassy for your naturalisation visa.

YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED. GUARANTEED.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by rowlandwhy: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2007
ROSSIKE:

This is one of the most stupid threads I've read in a long time.

Get this straight, NO NIGERIAN LEADER is going to stop wearing Nigerian traditional attire. END OF.

Now, if you've got a special problem with that, KINDLY TEAR UP YOUR PASSPORT, and go QUEUE at the Dutch/Italian/Swiss, Australian or German embassy for your naturalisation visa.

YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED. GUARANTEED.

Stupidity and rudeness in the high places wink
You are just fighting with your monitor LOL
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by 9ja4eva: 7:13am On Dec 25, 2007
folahann:

Why don't you tell the white man to wear Agbada whiles coming to Nigeria b'because you want Yar'Adua to wear suit whiles he's away.
Leaving important things for unnessary things

I tire oh.

Why wont we embrace our culture?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Tylenol: 10:12am On Apr 08, 2009
Who says Yar'Adua is wearing babanriga to showcase the Nigerian culture at international events? Is it not the same babanriga he wears everyday in Nigeria? Abi is he showcasing Nigerian culture to Nigerians?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Eziachi: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2009
Wearing Agbada all the time in international arena is more of a show off of culture our leaders don't in practice believed. They don't think of our culture when they steal our collective wealth or drive the best of white man's auto machine with public money.
I am not against wearing Agbada but you can mix it at times with suit. Suit has always been recognised as an international/business attire. You don't see the Japanese prime minister wearing Kimono at internatinal conferences or Gordon Brown, the British premier wearing Tartan skirt (kilt) in the house of common just to show that he is Scottish.

When you look at past leaders of African that are genuine Africans natinonalist, compared to the present rogue leaders today, many of them then like Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo, Patrice Lumumba, Ahmed Benbella, Kwame Nkuruma, Jomo Kenyatta, Nelson Mandela and others wore suit on different occasions.

People like Yar Adua, wearing Agbada all the time had to do with religion mainly rather than promoting our culture.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by strangleyo: 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2009
It should be the choice of the politician what he wants to wear. The tradinional Agbada is a fine dress in the international arena. Even if our leaders spit on our tradition back home. You don't see Saudi or Dubai's sheikhs wearing Armani or Hugo Boss suits when they meet western leaders and they have done just fine for their countries and their image.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Tylenol: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ Eziachi

Since when is it against Yar'Adua's religion to wear suit?
And this comparison with other African leaders who have done well nko? Are you trying to say it's because of their Western dressing that they've succeeded?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Eziachi: 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2009
Tylenol:

@ Eziachi

Since when is it against Yar'Adua's religion to wear suit?
And this comparison with other African leaders who have done well nko? Are you trying to say it's because of their Western dressing that they've succeeded?

In Nigeria most northern moslem had different idea of what Islam is all about, wearing Agbada to some of them is being true Islamic. Take for example, Nigeria moslems call themselves Alhajis and Alhaja, how many moslem from say Iran, Iraq, Palestine,Pakistan, Indonesia bears that title except Nigerian moslem. We never hear Alhaji Arafat or Alhaji Osama Bin Laden. Most Northern Nigerians believe suit is a christian things, believe me. Not all of them though!!!!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Eziachi: 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2009
@Tylenol
Who says Yar'Adua is wearing babanriga to showcase the Nigerian culture at international events? Is it not the same babanriga he wears everyday in Nigeria? Abi is he showcasing Nigerian culture to Nigerians?

Exactly, Nigerian phoney ideas about culture. The culture of pick and choose. It funny how many of them here talkng to heavens about embracing our culture but they all call themselves Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United die hard supporters/fans, even when all of them can't name Nigerian pro league teams on their five fingers. They know every player that had won the England shirt but can't tell you Nigerian first eleven of few years back. They knew all the european football grounds even when asleep but have no idea where Rangers or shooting stars plays and they are the same promote our culture arm chair generals.
Nigeria! A Funny Nation with comedian citizens!!!!!!!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by ifele(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
Agbada covers your yansh better than suit. Agbada wins
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by oladayo042: 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2009
Guinea Brocade of an astronomical value. god go save us from this people.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by redsun(m): 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by nolongTing: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2009
Its wonderful to see Nigerian leaders wearing Agbada, it shows that they are African and proud.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by redsun(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2009
Personally i see suit wearing in africa as a kind gross uppity mentality,anything that makes me want to look like stiff naked oyinbo in its totality don't appeal to me at all.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by nolongTing: 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2009
Nice reminder @redsun, this is my favourie verse:

Africa hot, I like am so
I know what to wear but my friends don't know
Him put him socks, him put him shoe
Him put him pant, him put him singlet
Him put him trouser, him put him shirt
Him put him tie, him put him coat
Him come cover all with him hat
Him be gentleman
Him go sweat all over
Him go faint right down
[size=14pt]Him go smell like s%$t[/size]
Him go piss for body, him no go know
Me I no be gentleman like that
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by redsun(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2009
Bruv,Fela is a legend
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by nigboy(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2009
We should be proud of our culture
Why not the westerns emulate our own dressing code
there is noting wrong with the dressing code of our politicians
the main thing is for them to lead well

http://cripgangcodessymbolsknowledge..com/
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Cappadona123: 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
We appreciate our culture dats y we wear Senegal+to match hular!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by jatwill(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
nigboy:

We should be proud of our culture
Why not the westerns emulate our own dressing code
there is noting wrong with the dressing code of our politicians
the main thing is for them to lead well

i am with you
why don't we change our colour too if we want to change our dressing code

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Budget Was Not Based On Zero Budgeting-Auditor General / Comparing Jonathan Administration With Buhari Administration.. / Anyim Pius Anyim Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.