Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? (1835 Views)

Have Business Machine Challenge - Ask Repairzone / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / Ice Block Making Machine With Two 5KW Compressors (100 BLOCKS, 140K) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by engrrichie92(m): 8:42am On Jun 02, 2020
I see great potential in this business especially in my area where power supply is just plain terrible
Money comes from solving a problem and creating value they say

But going to Jumia to check the price of the ice block machine ...I am seeing price in the range of 1.5m - 1.8m
I want to believe this would most likely be for industrial purpose and way above my budget

I was hoping to get something between 100-150K

or maybe people in this business can explain better

Another option would be to use a deep freezer but I tried generator on my fridge one day ...and to get the water cold alone consumed the whole fuel
I can now imagine how much fuel I would now need to then make iceblock
Its not cost effective at all

Again...maybe people in the business can shed more light.Would love clarifiations on the below questions:

what do you use: ice block making machine or a deep freezer
how much for the machine?
If I am going to use deep freezer...do i say need to get a bigger gen(I use 4 0KVA at the moment)
How much in total would i need to start...

Please help a brother
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by Smartmanager(m): 9:43am On Jun 02, 2020
What is your location? I might help.
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by engrrichie92(m): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Smartmanager:
What is your location? I might help.

Surulere...
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by Bobby95(m): 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
Was involved in dis business in Abuja from sept last year to February dis year. It was really a fustrating ride. Bros do your analysis well o. I Used Ice block machine with a 13kva generator. During hot weather u will need about 20hrs of power to get standard ice from d machine, dats about 5k diesel daily, money to fuel d car for distribution 1k. Some kind mumu expenses here and there. I dont know how lucrative it is in surulere buh u beta do ur analysis well. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by Smartmanager(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
engrrichie92:

Surulere...
Am in Onitsha. I also happen to be the production manager of my company. We are into ice block and frozen food.
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by engrrichie92(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Smartmanager:
Am in Onitsha. I also happen to be the production manager of my company. We are into ice block and frozen food.

So how can you help sir?
I'm in Surulere in Lagos state
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by engrrichie92(m): 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Bobby95:
Was involved in dis business in Abuja from sept last year to February dis year. It was really a fustrating ride. Bros do your analysis well o. I Used Ice block machine with a 13kva generator. During hot weather u will need about 20hrs of power to get standard ice from d machine, dats about 5k diesel daily, money to fuel d car for distribution 1k. Some kind mumu expenses here and there. I dont know how lucrative it is in surulere buh u beta do ur analysis well. Shalom

Exactly my fear
I hate fruitless activity ...if it's not worth it, I will just drop the idea

Wow...20hours is a lot ooo
How much did you get the ice block machine?
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by ghettochild(m): 2:29am On Jun 03, 2020
Call deji on +2348135666113
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by Smartmanager(m): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2020
engrrichie92:

So how can you help sir?
I'm in Surulere in Lagos state
We use fabricated machines (by local welders). I can give you their contacts if you need one.
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by Smartmanager(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2020
engrrichie92:

Exactly my fear

Honestly, it's worth it. But the only time you experience low patronage is during raining season.
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by Bobby95(m): 11:11am On Jun 03, 2020
engrrichie92:

Exactly my fear

170 ice capacity for 350k in abuja. If u can sell ov 60 ice a day u might be on d winning side. 1 ice is sold for 200#. Patronage now might be low because of constant rain. Make enquiries around from someone in d business.
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by engrrichie92(m): 11:42am On Jun 03, 2020
Smartmanager:
We use fabricated machines (by local welders). I can give you their contacts if you need one.

Sent you a pm boss
I would appreciate
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by lekan208(m): 11:54am On Jun 03, 2020
engrrichie92:
I see great potential in this business especially in my area where power supply is just plain terrible
Money comes from solving a problem and creating value they say

But going to Jumia to check the price of the ice block machine ...I am seeing price in the range of 1.5m - 1.8m
I want to believe this would most likely be for industrial purpose and way above my budget

I was hoping to get something between 100-150K

or maybe people in this business can explain better

Another option would be to use a deep freezer but I tried generator on my fridge one day ...and to get the water cold alone consumed the whole fuel
I can now imagine how much fuel I would now need to then make iceblock
Its not cost effective at all

Again...maybe people in the business can shed more light.Would love clarifiations on the below questions:

what do you use: ice block making machine or a deep freezer
how much for the machine?
If I am going to use deep freezer...do i say need to get a bigger gen(I use 4 0KVA at the moment)
How much in total would i need to start...

Please help a brother

I build and sell ice block machine as well as using it you will get something better and cheaper thAn that of jumia, but price varies with production capacity, I will also advice you on how to run the business without using generator

call me on zero 8 zero 34 Eight 1 zero 6 five 9 there are also good used one

Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by engrrichie92(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
Bobby95:
170 ice capacity for 350k in abuja. If u can sell ov 60 ice a day u might be on d winning side. 1 ice is sold for 200#. Patronage now might be low because of constant rain. Make enquiries around from someone in d business.

Hmmm
Will sure do

Thanks for the insight
Re: Ice Block Making Business: Machine/deep Freezer? by LeoThaGreat(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hi engrrichie92

Have you gotten your specified iced block machine?
If you haven't, are you still interested in one?

I've got one for sale. We want to pivot from the business because we can't meet up with the 6am - 7am rush hour here.

Kindly reply so I'll know if to drop my contact here

(1) (Reply)

Trading With ROYAL Q BOT Literally Changed My Life / FINALLY, I Am Closing My Zenith Bank Account / Please Help: Investment !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.