Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki (726 Views)

Edo Drivers Association Endorses Obaseki (Photos, Video) / Peter Esele: I Will Not Follow Obaseki To PDP / Peter Esele: Oshiomhole's Utterances, Huge Embarrassment To Nigeria, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Kwanza: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2020
Comrade Peter Esele, former President, Trade Union Congress (TUC) has thrown his weight behind a section of the All Pro­gressives Congress (APC) calling for an indirect pri­mary election to nominate the party Governorship candidate.

Esele, who spoke to journal­ists in Benin, said direct pri­maries may not be possible because the party has no au­thentic membership register, no accurate data, no capacity to conduct direct primaries, saying the infrastructure is not even in place.

“Now, whether you like it or not what will give people confidence in the process is an indirect primary. Why am I saying so” It was an in­direct primary that brought Oshiomhole to power as a governor? He is a product of indirect primaries; Gover­nor Obaseki was a product of indirect primaries, why suddenly do we have to shift the goal post when the match is already on.

“So, if any person has any­thing against indirect prima­ries let such person come up with his argument and let us look at what is wrong and they will correct it but for the direct primaries how many members do we have in Edo State in our register, there is none.

“Governor Obaseki just started conducting registra­tion of party members in the last two months even if you talk about the authentic registration is even with the governor that has it.

“So, even with the nation­al headquarters when last did they authenticate the register, even INEC from time to time authenticate their register when last was that done? So, how can you do all of these, you are not even ready, you do not have the data, you cannot even conduct a direct prima­ry, the infrastructure is not there and then suddenly, three weeks or four weeks to prima­ries you now say it is direct, so what have you put in place to have a direct primary?
https://www.independent.ng/edo-apc-primary-election-esele-supports-indirect-primaries-endorses-obasekis-second-term/
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Hhansome(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2020
How on earth does one trade Obaseki with a known thief? What is his sin? Well, it should be on records that Oshiomole is not the almighty God and for the sake and benefits of the innocent Edo citizens, anyone else can if the need to oust Obaseki really be but definitely not Ize- Iyanmu cos he'll never become a governor.

3 Likes

Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by SadiqBabaSani: 9:44am On Jun 02, 2020
Matters Arising
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by BranddesignerH: 9:46am On Jun 02, 2020
Watching in 3D
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Afamed: 9:48am On Jun 02, 2020
Esele can go ahead to conduct indirect primary for Obaseki, there is never issue about that
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Aaronzy: 9:57am On Jun 02, 2020
Yesterday I was about fighting with a guy but I ran away before we could start the fight just because I saw two Igbo men supporting me

Obaseki let those saddists called ipob to support him and now he is facing the consequences
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:
Esele can go ahead to conduct indirect primary for Obaseki, there is never issue about that

But he has a point.

Does APC have authentic register of members in Edo?

Or you guys wanna write fictitious numbers from all available touts?

2 Likes

Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Afamed: 10:04am On Jun 02, 2020
Awol1:

But he has a point.

Does APC have authentic register of members in Edo?

Or you guys wanna write fictitious numbers from all available touts?
Stop asking silly question. APC has all its registered members across Nigeria. You don't dictate to the NWC the mode of party primary. Tell Esele to go ahead with indirect primary for Obaseki
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2020
Not Surprised, he is a cerebral Esan and belong to the sensible district.

Just like ojezua is protecting obaseki as apc state chairman, okiye is also shielding him as speaker of house.

I don't know why ize iyamu, ariahbevbe, ogiewonyi, and the benins in general can't support their own son in one voice instead of the oshomole lap dogs they have reduced themselves to

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Japhtee(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2020
Aaronzy:
Yesterday I was about fighting with a guy but I ran away before we could start the fight just because I saw two Igbo men supporting me

Obaseki let those saddists called ipob to support him and now he is facing the consequences

You ran because yoruba's are cowards. Just like the way your like will dance and dance around without throwing a single punch. Are you telling me you can't ask the Igbo guys not to support you while you still go ahead to defeat the guy?

2 Likes

Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by babyfaceafrica: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2020
Who knows esele I'm. Edo politics?.. How. Many votes does he have?
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by IDeyNL: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2020
Aaronzy:

You see when they tell some of you Yorubas about your naivety. Aside some of you being a coward, you're illiterate and tribalistic.

In your mind, Peter Esele is an Igbo man.

Olodo

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Indispensable85(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2020
This is why Obaseki is out already. His supporters are of zero political value in the state. Who's esele for instance? He got 8 delegate votes in the last Edo gubernatorial primaries in 2016. Majority of obasekis supporters are nobody politically in the state. They can't help him. The best they can do is make noise in the media and go home to sleep.
Re: Edo APC Primary Election: Esele Supports Indirect Primaries, Endorses Obaseki by Trumpcard05: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2020
Very good point made by Comrade Esele. But the undemocratic ones who already have a pre-determined end at heart will not agree. Where is the membership register to conduct the direct primaries? Now INEC has requested for the register, without which a direct primary will be flawed & subject any result to a nullity later in court. But Oshiomole and his co travelers don’t care! Throw the baby away with the bath water or even cut the baby in two is their clamor, let it be neither mine nor thine!

...& people are clapping for this type of backward politics that is so undemocratic! Men! We still have a long way to go.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Change Her Name? What Name Would You Suggest? / Abuse Of Office : Malami Uses Official Letter Head Paper For Son's Wedding. / Breaking: Buhari Names Train Stations After Tinubu, Fashola, Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.