Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. (4796 Views)

LASG Begs Igbo Traders To Reopen Alaba, Bemoans 75% Loss Of State IGR / NGF 30-Man Team Visits Lagos To Understudy State’s IGR Template / Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by budaatum: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90226669:

IGR is revenue generated by governments, some of the states hardly reveal true state of money they generate, some post fake figures do you know in 2012 Ebonyi then was no 6 on the table top Awka Ibom and Ogun state
That IGR per capita you posted is more relevant.

Thanks. Post source too please.
Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by tatatar: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90226696:
[s]

IGR doesn’t measure economy

In 2007 to 2011 Sokoto was second on the table[/s]
What is it a measure of then undecided
At least it tells us of the people who are more if parasites.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:06am On Jun 02, 2020
tatatar:

What is it a measure of then undecided
At least it tells us of the people who are more if parasites.
Otondo what do you mean by parasites A situation you can survive without oil money in Nigeria you are parasite

States bailed out by FG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Binikingdowm:
According to the post, kwara makes more money than Edo state.. how is that even possible?

If I were you, I will compare what the two state have and how they generate their revenue, instead of writing what you don't know.

Also if the edo is not represented well, why are edo revenue officers and governor keeping quiet and not challenging it. Its only ignorant minds that are disputing it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2020
Benevento:

My brother, that's fake.

That guy is a fraud.

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90226910:

Most of the states that quoted high figures can't sustain themselves, we all saw what happened during Nigeria recession 2015-2016 when oil price was down, many of them were bankrupt FG had to bail them out.

Mention the states that can't sustain themselves. I'm listening undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Esseite:

Sokoto was declared poorest state by same NBC how does the poorest generate more IGR than oil producing states that is the major source of income?..

Poverty index is different from IGR, who lie about IGR, something that will attract investors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Mention the states that can't sustain themselves. I'm listening undecided
Sustainablity index rank by states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2020
kayfra:
Nnewi "Billionaires" won't take it angry

grin

They just hate the truth cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 02, 2020
Benevento:
But honestly, i must commend some people's dexterity skill.

In just 2 minutes, Dem go don open Laptop, pra pra pra... A fake chart is out.

If you know what I mean.

He's on this thread, he will soon come with another fake stats from 1901

1 Like

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

This list is from office of accountant general of Federation, I know you guys enjoy fooling yourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Sunshineg5(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90227840:

Even in your list, Oyo makes more money than Anambra but Anambra is only ahead of Oyo because Oyo has a bigger expense budget.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90227065:

These are states that couldn't sustain themselves during recession

Bail out fund is not the same as IGR undecided where is source of this list? The same government you're Denying it new stats, are you not an hypocrite?

2 Likes

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Even in your list, Oyo makes more money than Anambra but Anambra is only ahead of Oyo because Oyo has a bigger expense budget.

IGR doesn’t measure economy, theyou only record what is stated by states revenue board, Norminal GDP measures economy.
Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Bail out fund is not the same as IGR undecided where is source of this list? The same government you're Denying it new stats, are you not an hypocrite?

Can you help youself by searching for states that was bailed out from FG
Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Binikingdowm: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

If I were you, I will compare what the two state have and how they generate their revenue, instead of writing what you don't know.

Also if the edo is not represented well, why are edo revenue officers and governor keeping quiet and not challenging it. Its only ignorant minds that are disputing it.
lmao there's no well in hell kwara makes more money than Edo state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Sunshineg5(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90228220:

IGR doesn’t measure economy, theyou only record what is stated by states revenue board, Norminal GDP measures economy.
Norminal GDP is economic growth together with Inflation.

How many times would I tell you this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90227840:

Where do you get your source? The same government you're criticizing now undecided

Google meaning of sustainability index, its not what you think it meant grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90228038:

This list is from office of accountant general of Federation, I know you guys enjoy fooling yourselves

Why are you now disputing the recent stats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90228303:

Can you help youself by searching for states that was bailed out from FG

where is source of this list? The same government you're Denying it new stats are you not an hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:34am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Why are you now disputing the recent stats
IGR are revenue generated, some states doesn't reveal state of their revenue.
Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by manuelreports: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2020
IGR does not in anyway show how poor or rich a state is. A state with lowest IGR can be Richest. It all depends on the State tax policy.

4 Likes

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Biodun556(m): 11:39am On Jun 02, 2020
Esseite:
I think its becoming obvious, Fraud is getting into Nigerian statistics..

War prone Zamfara that was lynched with bandits, ban on mining, illegal mining, sharia state earned more than Abia..

That's the power of agriculture. There is difference between Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and federal allocation
Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

where is source of this list? The same government you're Denying it new stats are you not an hypocrite?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/190299-nigeria-cbn-releases-names-of-19-states-given-bailout.html
Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90228571:

IGR are revenue generated, some states doesn't reveal state of their revenue.

Like which state? Before you open your mouth, note that IGR is used to attract investors and its a financial crime to lie about money generated from revenues, also what is anambra governor and revenue officers doing not disapproving the stats? Nothing was said about the fraudulent data, does that mean the stats is right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by MikkySexy23(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2020
Most of these figures are not true. The Governors 'pad' them for various reasons - fiscal allocation, loan procurement and debt management. It depends on where they have their eyes to get money.
Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by manuelreports: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Which truth

2 Likes

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 02, 2020
post=90228762:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/190299-nigeria-cbn-releases-names-of-19-states-given-bailout.html

Who put it out so premium times can publish it? The same government stats you're disputing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Like which state? Before you open your mouth, note that IGR is used to attract investors and its a financial crime to lie about money generated from revenues, also what is anambra governor and revenue officers doing not disapproving the stats? Nothing was said about the fraudulent data, does that mean the stats is right.
Tell me how high IGR attract investors, I believe you don't know the meaning of IGR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Who put it out so premium times can publish it? The same government stats you're disputing.
I can see you lack common sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2020
manuelreports:

Which truth
Very dumb set of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
post=90228873:

I can see you lack common sense
So it's now insult, very good

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate President Applauds Governor Ugwuanyi For Promoting National Unity / Game Turned Around For Nigeria Government As USA Takes Over Nnamdi Kanu's Case / 2022 AFRD: Governor Ugwuanyi Honours Fallen Heroes, Presents Gifts To Widows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.