Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

#justice-for-uwavera. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #justice-for-uwavera. (135 Views)

Justice For Deborah, CJN Ibrahim Tanko's Past Judgement / Justice For Slawomiir / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu (2) (3) (4)

#justice-for-uwavera. by Fortunatus200(m): 11:41am On Jun 02, 2020
*⚖️⚖️⚖️JUSTICE FOR UWAVERA-OMOZUWA.*

Yesterday, 1st June 2020, I read with a heavy heart on BBC news, how a promising First Year, female Microbiology Student of University of Benin, - *Uwavera Omozuwa*, who in her quest for knowledge and efforts to utilize this seasion to cover up some hip lock of academic works, was sexually assaulted, emotionally molested and gruemously murdered in cold blood, by some unscrupulous elements.

I could recall vividly of being taught in my 200L that the right to Life, is the parent right, on which other rights are circumscribed. The fullness of which must be tenaciously upheld in line with the dictates of not just the Constitution or other legal instruments, but also of all known Religious and Holy books, including our African Traditional Religion.
This becomes even the more important with regards to the personage in question.
Late *Miss. Uwavera Omozuwa* was until her horrendous death on 31th May 2020, a University Undergraduate, whom Obasike JSC Speaking in GARBA v. UNIMAID beautifully described as a priceless assert, who is in the threshold of useful service to the Nation.

To me this is only a glimpse of the position a University student occupies in the heart of his nation.
He is in addition a beacon & glimmer of hope, as he is an irrefragable ambassador, training to Facilitate the course of Nation building, not just for the interest of interim generation but also for the next.

Moreover, This event was said to have taken place inside a Church, which goes to infer, not only a total disregard of human life and dignity, but an ultimate attempt and act of disecreting the sacrosanctity and sacredness of the Temple of the Divine.

By all standards, the act of rape is a crime mala in se cum mala prohibita, consequently, it offends all known statutory enactments, both municipal and international. It is such that should be visited with the highest penal consequence, not only because it is frowned at by our human laws, but also because it has no right standing before moral and religious commands. *S. 359 Criminal Code and s.282 Penal Code.*

The senseless, unjustified and barbarous act of malicious killing is rather becoming a culture and a normalcy in Nigeria, receiving little or no condemnation by the members of the society.
In this light, the right to life is greatly undermined and in a quick track of loosing it's supremacy, value and hallowed pride of place.

One may want to juxtapose, the forgoing murder of Miss Uwavera, with the most recent killing of an African- American - *George Floyd*, which has flooded the entire global news Space, triggering massive and aggressive protest and better further leading to riotings, all in a bid to sue for Justice on behalf of the deceased.
Pathetic enough, in our own stead, fellow students have rather chosen to embrace frivolous ends to that of forging a common voice in demand of Justice for one of our own.

Thus, I want to use this medium to register my empathy, as well as to call for the reawakening of that spirit of true Compatriots, comradeship and solidarity- as Justice anywhere is Justice Everywhere.

We call on Govt at all levels to swiftly swing into actions to bring the perpetrators of this horrific and heinous crime to book, rather than the current "I don care Attitude", with more interest in enlarging the contents of the purse and pockets, by planning to Garner resources for the next Elections at the State in question.

Security Operatives are as well encouraged to collaborate with relevant individuals to Speed up investigations, as the world watches your acclaimed expertize.

*"From all of us, whose eyes make waterless tears and heart emits bloodless bleedings"* for the deceased, we Say #Justice-for-Uwavera.

*CALSAN NIGERIA calls for Justice�.*
*LAWSAN NIGERIA calls for Justice⚖️*
#Join-the-Chorus Today
#SayNoToRape
#ConsentIsNotNegotiable
*Rest On Dear Uwavera Omozuwa.*

*NJOKU CHISOM FORTUNATUS*
fortunatus200@gmail.com

Pelosi Has Called Trump "Fanner Of Flame" (you Need To See This) / ‘phases’ Season 2 To Premiere June 5 / Make Una Help Me Settle This Matter!!!!