Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Reps Rejects Motion Seeking To Suspend Implementation Of 7.5% VAT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Rejects Motion Seeking To Suspend Implementation Of 7.5% VAT (251 Views)

Senate Rejects Motion To Release Nnamdi Kanu / House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike / House Of Reps Rejects Bill Proposing 6 Years Per Term For President, Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Rejects Motion Seeking To Suspend Implementation Of 7.5% VAT by News0002: 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
The House of Representatives has rejected a motion seeking to suspend implementation of the 7.5% Value Added Tax (VAT) Act in the interest of Nigerians owing to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Lawmakers argued that since the 2.5 % increase in VAT was already an Act of the National Assembly, which has been signed into law, it cannot be upturned by the motion, hence the reason the motion was rejected.

During plenary, James Faleke, Chairman of the House Committee on Finance, raised the objection that since it has been signed into law, it can only be be changed through formal amendment bill. This was support by the Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/06/02/reps-rejects-motion-seeking-to-suspend-implementation-of-7-5-vat/
Re: Reps Rejects Motion Seeking To Suspend Implementation Of 7.5% VAT by Finnese001: 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
okay
Re: Reps Rejects Motion Seeking To Suspend Implementation Of 7.5% VAT by gambia(m): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Scammers.
Re: Reps Rejects Motion Seeking To Suspend Implementation Of 7.5% VAT by mrvitalis(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Honestly Nigerian vat should be nothing less than 15% honestly ...we are not ready to develop

And it should be end user payment ...not this scam we have where it's paid at the ports and Lagos get 70% of it me while 80% of the end users are outside Lagos
Re: Reps Rejects Motion Seeking To Suspend Implementation Of 7.5% VAT by Caseless: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Mtn and airtel didn't consider the pandemic whenever I make calls, they deduct their VAT. Why should anyone preach its reversal now? We should all keep paying.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Yuguda, DG Of SEC / I Lost My Identity / Hushpuppi To Be Extradited To Nigeria-interpol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.