Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos (46850 Views)

Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines / FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
I hope upon lifting of the lockdown,Lagos state tax officials and local workers will not start going after companies and be demanding taxes and levies respectively?
Their means of making profit and remitting tax to government have been halted.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
I'm more concerned about private schools bikoooo, before hunger finish we teachers.
NL fam help with anything please
FCMB 8091584372

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by kristisking(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
That is a welcome development. Why the rush?

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by stifej: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nonsense. So it's okay to have more than 50 people in markets and other establishments and there is no fear that Coronavirus will be spread. But there is fear that it will be spread when you have more than 50 people gathered in a church. Useless Lagos State govt

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Sonnobax15(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
grin But hope there will be E-tithes and offerings cha??

this is the wrong time to be a pastor in lagos.

as in,just imagine am na.

i won't be surprise to hear such pastors saying covid19 is a scam,base on say e dey remove food from their mouths.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by okomile(f): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
grin
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Tigson: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
D Church is d only restraining force of evil in any nation, so if d church is not allowed to pray co-operately against d covid-19 den expect d virus to linger a litle wile.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Proffessorr: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
wisdomiskey:
LOL.

Omo I trust our Lagos pastors once the restriction is finally lifted - na SIX offerings them go collect that first Sunday.

1. Thanksgiving offering.
2. "The return of the church" offering.
3. Coronavirus healing offering.
4. Lockdown lifting offering.
5. "Black lives matter" offering.
..and finally,
6. The normal offering dem dey collect every Sunday as per usual + Tithe.

wink

You’re on point.

Infact, the church beside my house just started their service now.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Goovo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
wisdomiskey:
LOL.

Omo I trust our Lagos pastors once the restriction is finally lifted - na SIX offerings them go collect that first Sunday.

1. Thanksgiving offering.
2. "The return of the church" offering.
3. Coronavirus healing offering.
4. Lockdown lifting offering.
5. "Black lives matter" offering.
..and finally,
6. The normal offering dem dey collect every Sunday as per usual + Tithe.

wink
u no well grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by majamajic(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hmmm just past one mosque now in mushin , it's full to capacity upon mushin has a very high covid rate
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by segsman(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Stop trusting in your might

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Jesusjudy: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Am a first-timer.
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Jesusluvsyou: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
They need Jesus smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Righteousness89(m): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
The Governor should tread carefully with this so he doesn't cause more harm to Lagos...

The Governor should seek for Spirtual guidance from The Servants of GOD on this.

GOD is not Happy with this. His House should be opened!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by StagethemTVee: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Why this up and down?

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by witsel4(m): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
What will Lagos State government achieve by shutting churches

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by kingxsamz(m): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nawa... How will they feed and milk gullible people?

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by SoNature(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
stifej:
Nonsense. So it's okay to have more than 50 people in markets and other establishments and there is no fear that Coronavirus will be spread. But there is fear that it will be spread when you have more than 50 people gathered in a church. Useless Lagos State govt

Religious centers don't pay tax

I think this man lied about meeting with religious leaders

I have been attending Masses for the past 3 weeks here

In my church, you must wear a face mask and wash your hands

Besides, people are told where to sit

There's no serious church or mosque that cannot control its crowd, especially these critical times

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Are the authorities avoiding something like this lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by do4luv14(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
They should open it, according to half the church/moques hall capacity

the church can adhere to it,

but i cant say same for the moques,

Lorazepam:
Yeah that's okay, State governors should modify and adapt the FG directives according to the situation on ground in their respective states.

We will continue attending online services for now. cool

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by tinajohn: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
He must have listened to TB Joshua's message...
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Coronavirus84: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lagos state leads, others follow your ancestors
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by lebron7(m): 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Sanwo-Olu, you need prayers. Stop trusting in your might. Some of these things are spiritual
Dummy

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Governor should tread carefully with this so he doesn't cause more harm to Lagos...

The Governor should seek for Spirtual guidance from The Servants of GOD on this.

GOD is not Happy with this. His House should be opened!
He said they have been meeting and consulting with religious leaders who themselves ruled out reopening churches

4 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by duality(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
Me Governor, go and pray and stop deceiving yourself.

The Market places are full. BRT buses Carry overload. So don't bring that social distance nonsense.

Let God use you and not the devil.

We are praying for you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Gibsonho(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
I agree with him
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by tete7000(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
But markets are open.

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Righteousness89(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Macsjebs:

He said they have been meeting and consulting with religious leaders who themselves ruled out reopening churches
okay! That's good!
Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by vegafbs: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
COVID-19: Churches, Mosques Remain Closed

FULL GISTS: https://theupdates.net/covid-19-churches-mosques-remain-closed/

Re: Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos by Raychee(f): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hypocrisy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Speaks On Assassination Attempt, Gunshots Fired At Him (Video) / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) / Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.