Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nigeria Will Be African Champions Again – Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Will Be African Champions Again – Rohr (206 Views)

Manchester City Need Just One More Win To Become Premier League Champions, Again / CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / African Champions League Final Abandoned After VAR Stopped Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Be African Champions Again – Rohr by SportsBay7(m): 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
Super Eagles coach. Gernot Rohr has vowed to secure a fourth Africa Cup of Nations trophy for Nigeria, the sportsbay.com reports.
Rohr, 66, has renewed his contract till 2022 after he agreed to a pay cut in the local currency and reside in the country.

Officials said the German-born coach will earn $49,000 (N18m) a month instead of the $55,000 (N21m) stipulated in his previous contract and he will live in Nigeria for at least 10 months a year.

This is a special job because this is my team, I built it with my staff,” the former Niger and Gabon coach said Monday on local television.

“It’s a very young team, but the mission is not finished yet, so we want to continue.

“We all have to make sacrifices and I will be the first.”

Rohr said the target is to be champions of Africa again. The Super Eagles have won the Africa Cup of Nations three times – in 1980, 1994 and 2013.

“Let’s qualify for (the Nations Cup) and then we want to win it. We have a good team, we’re now number three in Africa. When I arrived (in 2016), we were number 13.

“We have worked together for the past four years and I hope we can progress.”

Rohr led Nigeria to third place at last year’s Africa Cup in Egypt, where they lost 2-1 to eventual champions Algeria in the semi-finals after conceding a stoppage-time goal.

https://thesportsbay.com/36997-nigeria-will-be-african-champions.html
Re: Nigeria Will Be African Champions Again – Rohr by thesicilian: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
After saying he doesn't think Nigeria can win it, now he wants to say what he thinks people want to hear.
Re: Nigeria Will Be African Champions Again – Rohr by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
18 million a month
Re: Nigeria Will Be African Champions Again – Rohr by Enwhen(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
thesicilian:
After saying he doesn't think Nigeria can win it, now he wants to say what he thinks people want to hear.

Very senseless man ....and the corrupt NFF will extend his contract becuase they are also cashing out from his official salary

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal And England Legend Kenny Sansom ‘remains Ill In Hospital / Camavinga Should Join Real Madrid If He Thinks He Can Achieve Great Things There / Breaking:christiano Ronaldo Emerges Football’s First Billionaire – Forbes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.