Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi (1347 Views)

Ezekiel Nwokedi: Gunmen Loot, Burn Down Palace Of Traditional Ruler In Imo State / How Bianca Ojukwu Was Thrown Out Of Aso Rock For Flirting With GEJ (Video) / Bashir El-Rufai: Ojukwu Was A Failed Hero - El-rufai’s Son Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 03, 2020
Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu’s death, last Saturday, has continued to generate comments from eminent Nigerians, especially those who were with him from the time of the Civil War till his death.
Igwe Alex Nwokedi, a veteran journalist and Igbo monarch who served in the war as head of counter intelligence under Ojukwu’s Republic of Biafra gives graphic details of Ojukwu’s health in London hospital.
Your Majesty was very close to the late Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu so much that you visited him at his London hospital before he died.

What is your account of his life in London hospital?

When I visited London, I went to the hospital where he was admitted. His chief- of- staff was with him and I was told upon entering the ward that I should just hold his hand and speak; that he could hear but he could not talk. I held his hand and greeted him, “Gburugburu,” that is Igwe of Igbo Land. He was a very good Catholic. I told him that he had suffered for the Igbo and that our mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary would take very good care of him.
I spoke to him, encouraged him but to tell you the truth, I was not happy at all with his situation. There was a Philipino nurse taking care of him,
and his daughter was also there with him. They were the only two people with him in that ward. I told the daughter that as she was taking care of her father, that our Lord would bless her and that her own children would pay her back by taking good care of her. Then, I left the hospital and since then, I have been saying Novena Mass for him so that our good Lord would take good care of him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/in-london-ojukwu-was-lonely-dumb-igwe-nwokedi/

Cc:imhotep lzaa Azmanaty MinorityOpinion AhoadaRivers afamed WeneDiali

2 Likes

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by muykem: 7:02am On Jun 03, 2020
Igbo may abandoned him at critical time then because of his cowardice.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 03, 2020
muykem:
Igbo may abandoned him at critical time then because of his cowardice.

And Yorubas remembered Awolowo by handing him Rat poison a route to un-natural death due to his wiseness and sophiscated life

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by yanabasee1(m): 7:25am On Jun 03, 2020
Ojukwu had his own flaws and he did his best to lift the people of the east out of Nigeria......

I am not from the east but igwe is very lame to speak I'll of a man who fought for something meaningful......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by WeneDiali: 7:27am On Jun 03, 2020
yanabasee1:
Ojukwu had his own flaws and he did his best to lift the people of the east out of Nigeria......

I am not from the east but igwe is very lame to speak I'll of a man who fought for something meaningful......

That article is 9 years old. Published in 2011.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by omonnakoda: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2020
WeneDiali:

The bible is much older
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by kingzizzy: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2020
If the article said that his nurse, his daughter and chief of staff were with him in his ward, why would anyone say he was lonely? You expected his Hospital ward to be full of people?
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Michael004: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

And Yorubas remembered Awolowo by handing him Rat poison a route to un-natural death due to his wiseness and sophiscated life
Lol, at 78 ojukwu died senile. We have the pictorial evidence. Show us that of Awoo. Not the one your pained pathetic lying parents told you because they were defeated.

7 Likes

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by LZAA: 7:59am On Jun 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by LZAA: 7:59am On Jun 03, 2020
Michael004:
Lol, at 78 ojukwu died senile. We have the pictorial evidence. Show us that of Awoo. Not the one your pained pathetic lying parents told you because they were defeated.

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by omonnakoda: 8:00am On Jun 03, 2020
kingzizzy:
If the article said that his nurse, his daughter and chief of staff were with him in his ward, why would anyone say he was lonely? You expected his Hospital ward to be full of people?
where was Bianca

5 Likes

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by kingzizzy: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2020
omonnakoda:
where was Bianca

You expected her to be in the ward 24 hours a day?
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 03, 2020
WeneDiali:

10 years or 100 years.. So far its the truth..

2 Likes

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 03, 2020
Lzaa pls show us awo...

We knew our Agbariojuwku died....

Great Awo that dealt with two igbo warlords: Azikwe and Agbariojuwku

gringrin

4 Likes

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Davicl: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2020
Lol.... The so called igwe you are quoting is late too.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by sesan85(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2020
kingzizzy:

Probably giving FFK blowjobs.

6 Likes

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 03, 2020
Michael004:

And Yorubas remembered Awolowo by handing him Rat poison a route to un-natural death due to his wiseness and sophiscated life?

Answer the question
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by wingmanIII: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2020
kingzizzy:

Gbam!

I really wonder at the stupidity of some people here. Like they expect a crowd in a sick man's room. Hate damages brain cells
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Heavensent01(m): 8:54am On Jun 03, 2020
ojukwu the talkative, he revealed much for Nigeria govt. as the interview was going on during the civil war. Gowon was economical with his speech but ojukwu was just divulging everything

1 Like

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Azmanaty: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2020
Same way Adekunle died a peasant, he was even buried like a rat, no state burial, nothing.

It is really pathetic
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by WeneDiali: 9:16am On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:

10 years or 100 years.. So far its the truth..

'News' means it has to be 'new information and relevant to current issues'.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by WeneDiali: 9:17am On Jun 03, 2020
omonnakoda:

The bible is much older

News' means it has to be 'new information and relevant to current issues'.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by omonnakoda: 9:28am On Jun 03, 2020
WeneDiali:

J
News' means it has to be 'new information and relevant to current issues'.
is this a news site?
Where did anyone call it "news"

That is YOUR projection

Is the Biafra war news?

Is there any day it is not discussed here?

1 Like

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Caseless: 9:43am On Jun 03, 2020
They even left their only true hero to die alone while they adopted or asslick GEJ because he was sharing the national loot with them. This people and thirst for money.
Now they follow nnamdi, the mad man.
You can never please them. RIP OJUKWU!

5 Likes

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by maestroferddi: 9:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Igbo matter go kill una...

What is the relationship between the content of the excerpt and the the senseless caption used?
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by basty: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2020
History will remember Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu for his foresight and brilliance in seeing that, his people are moved out of the wood called Nigeria. May he RIP. Great man.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by mrchineke: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2020
maestroferddi:
Igbo matter go kill una...

What is the relationship between the content of the excerpt and the the senseless caption used?

Face the truth! He died lonely, abandoned and forsaken by his yamlegged Biafran minions who love Nigeria more than their desolate igboland (SE)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by omonnakoda: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2020
kingzizzy:

Well I didn't expect that she would be enjoying Yoruba dick while Papa was defecating on himself,cold and alone in London

That was shameful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Michael004: 10:13am On Jun 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

And Yorubas remembered Awolowo by handing him Rat poison a route to un-natural death due to his wiseness and sophiscated life?

Answer the question
Shut up and pictorial fact. Ojukwu death is a painful one.

1 Like

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Cosbyrich: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2020
Coward.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Michael004: 10:19am On Jun 03, 2020
They abandoned him but after he died, they are now hailing him.Spit.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by History555: 10:20am On Jun 03, 2020
Igbo obsession disorder (IOD)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prof (Mrs) Idia Ize-Iyamu Takes APC Campaign To Ikpoba Hill Market, Edo [Photos] / Zone 2023 Nigerian Presidential Ticket To Igbo - Senator Obi / We Appeal For Understanding And Calm Across The Nation - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.