Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit (1066 Views)

Spain Beat France In Thrilling Olympics Final To Win Gold / Argentina Win 2022 World Cup, Beating France In Penalty Shootout (Pictures) / The Reason Why Morocco Will Beat France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by HappyNigerian: 7:05am On Jun 03, 2020
Former France international, Emmanuel Petit has claimed that Senegal against all odds used witchcraft to secure a 1-0 victory over France at the 2002 FIFA World Cup that held in South Korea and Japan.

Senegal would go on to shock France 1-0 thanks to a fiasco in the 18-yard box that gifted Papa Bouba Diop a 30th minute easy tap-in; a victory nearly all of Senegal’s over 10 million citizens at the time didn’t see coming.

Emmanuel Petit who was part of the French squad that crashed out at the group stage after managing to get only a point from a bore draw against Uruguay believes Senegal used witchcraft on his side.

He attributed this to the fact that despite his side seeing numerous chances and being in possession of the ball for a larger part of the match, they could not get a win or even grind out a draw which was a fulfillment of the prophecy of a Senegalese who spoke with him a year before the World Cup.

Petit recounting the events that took place said: “A year before the Senegal-France match in 2002, a Senegalese told me” “The marabouts have contributed. I’ll tell you an anecdote: a year before the world cup in Korea, I’m on a beach in France. I see a street vendor who comes to see me and whom I knew.

“He looks at me seriously and says to me: ‘you know the world cup which is played in a year, France will play Senegal and will lose by a goal to zero because our marabouts are very powerful in Senegal. You’ll see’. It came to my mind and I thought maybe France has been marabouts, “he said in an interview with Record.

“We were very unlucky in this match. We hit the posts and the crossbar several times. Only that goal was missing, ”he added.

Senegal got to the quarter final of the World Cup before losing in extra time to Turkey via a golden goal.

https://www.inform.ng/post/senegal-used-juju-to-beat-france-in-2002-world-cup-petit
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by Khayceeofficial(m): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2020
Nothing strange considering Taribo west confirmed the use of all this back then...

Whichever way,the juju strong no be small grin grin grin
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by madridguy(m): 7:13am On Jun 03, 2020
If you watch the match with the way France ball they hit crossbar you go fear shocked

I cannot forget that Friday, 2002 just like yesterday.

I think truly Senegal are bless with marabout that knows are to jazz futbol but God pass them. They did the same in Ghana/ Nigeria 2000 but as God will want it, their goal keeper forgot the seal/juju for goal post and one of Nigeria official went there and pour water to it. Only God knows what he recite inside the water.
That night was another good night in football when they brought in Julius Agbahowa and landed a goal.

Senegal and Football + no be today tongue

1 Like

Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by chatinent: 7:13am On Jun 03, 2020
If you could recognize juju, what stopped you from using yours.

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by Adrian9(m): 7:21am On Jun 03, 2020
They lack the infrastructure for operating a jujuized society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by saintokwuluora(m): 7:33am On Jun 03, 2020
E still dey pain am. Denmark that defeated France at that World Cup what did they use? Juju ? Senegal would have won the World Cup with juju since they beat the defending champions in the opening game with juju. Accept you underrated them at your peril.

1 Like

Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 03, 2020
It was a fluke victory and Nothing else. Juju wasn't involved. The beautiful game is immune to voodoo on the world stage. Why hasn't India won the world cup, if juju was truly effective?

1 Like

Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by Icezikagu(m): 8:02am On Jun 03, 2020
cheesy Nigerians, dont u knw hw to do d Juju, so that we would get the WORLD CUP
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by finalboss(m): 8:13am On Jun 03, 2020
What's juju
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 03, 2020
HappyNigerian:
Former France international, Emmanuel Petit has claimed that Senegal against all odds used witchcraft to secure a 1-0 victory over France at the 2002 FIFA World Cup that held in South Korea and Japan.

Senegal would go on to shock France 1-0 thanks to a fiasco in the 18-yard box that gifted Papa Bouba Diop a 30th minute easy tap-in; a victory nearly all of Senegal’s over 10 million citizens at the time didn’t see coming.

Emmanuel Petit who was part of the French squad that crashed out at the group stage after managing to get only a point from a bore draw against Uruguay believes Senegal used witchcraft on his side.

He attributed this to the fact that despite his side seeing numerous chances and being in possession of the ball for a larger part of the match, they could not get a win or even grind out a draw which was a fulfillment of the prophecy of a Senegalese who spoke with him a year before the World Cup.

Petit recounting the events that took place said: “A year before the Senegal-France match in 2002, a Senegalese told me” “The marabouts have contributed. I’ll tell you an anecdote: a year before the world cup in Korea, I’m on a beach in France. I see a street vendor who comes to see me and whom I knew.

“He looks at me seriously and says to me: ‘you know the world cup which is played in a year, France will play Senegal and will lose by a goal to zero because our marabouts are very powerful in Senegal. You’ll see’. It came to my mind and I thought maybe France has been marabouts, “he said in an interview with Record.

“We were very unlucky in this match. We hit the posts and the crossbar several times. Only that goal was missing, ”he added.

Senegal got to the quarter final of the World Cup before losing in extra time to Turkey via a golden goal.

https://www.inform.ng/post/senegal-used-juju-to-beat-france-in-2002-world-cup-petit

This is the very reason, as a parent, you should be careful about the sort of name you give to your children.

This man's surname is "Petit" and from my little knowledge of French, "petit/petite" means "small" in English. sad

And from his rants or submission about this issue, you can see that he probably has a small "cerveau"[brain].

What a way to make excuses. Dumb excuses.

I wonder who gave his father that name...
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by kenzysmith: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2020
wait let me verify the brain of petit

1 Like

Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by IVORY2009(m): 10:16am On Jun 03, 2020
mansakhalifa:

This is the very reason, as a parent, you should be careful about the sort of name you give to your children.

This man's surname is "Petit" and from my little knowledge of French, "petit/petite" means "small" in English. sad

And from his rants or submission about this issue, you can see that he probably has a small "cerveau"[brain].

What a way to make excuses. Dumb excuses.

I wonder who gave his father that name...

Petit perhaps is his father's name, Emmanuel his first name, I don't want to believe you never read the article before making comments.
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by Jokerman(m): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2020
Lol.... Dumb excuse
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by thundafire: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2020
Lies looking for excuse to cover there incompetence.if it's not ur day to win in football,u will not won. Ask Frankfurt who brushed Bayern 5-1 was dat juju too.
Re: Senegal Used 'juju' To Beat France In 2002 World Cup - Petit by paulolee(m): 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
betta rawbish..if juju de football eeh african for don win world cup since the start of world cup..forget dt tin abeg

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Vs Oleksandr-usyk Fight Live Update / Almost Won 24 Million Naira Today / Germany 2006 | Round Of 16 Begins!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.