Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed (563 Views)

Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas / Tinubu Wins Ondo, Ogun States, Sweeps All Local Government Areas / FG Considers Lockdown Of 18 Local Government Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Iamgrey5(m): 8:10am On Jun 03, 2020
Nw data from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), has shown that 20 out of the 774 Local Government Areas in the country, are responsible for more than 50 per cent of COVID-19 cases.

The 20 LGAs are spread across eight states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

As at May 29, the states are: Lagos, Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Bauchi, Borno, Edo, Ogun and Abuja.

Out of the 20 LGAs, 11 are in Lagos, which has the highest number of infections in Nigeria.

Below are the affected LGAs in Lagos and the cases:

Lagos Mainland – 1,274 cases
Mushin – 458
Eti-Osa – 403
Alimosho – 239
Kosofe – 175
Ikeja – 168
Oshodi/Isolo – 132
Apapa – 131
Amuwo Odofin – 129
Lagos Island – 111
Surulere – 110

The other LGAs around the country are:

Abuja Municipal – 536
Tarauni (Kano) – 248
Nassarawa (Kano) – 152
Katsina – 242 cases
Maiduguri (Borno) – 167
Dutse (Jigawa) – 170
Oredo (Edo) – 126 cases
Bauchi – 114 cases
Ado Odo/Ota (Ogun) – 107

As at June 3, there are a total of 10,819 confirmed coronavirus cases in Nigeria.

Of that number, 3,239 have been discharged, while 314 patients have died

https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/03/covid-19-20-local-government-areas-in-nigeria-with-highest-cases-revealed-full-list/
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Iamgrey5(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2020
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Kaduna1stson: 8:12am On Jun 03, 2020
The cases in Kaduna is low because we have cleaner environment than Lagos.
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Emmacolinho(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2020
I stay in Alimosho LGA Lagos and I know many people here I have not heard of any Covid 19 patient taken out or brought back after being successfully treated. This makes me have doubts about this Virus
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Emmacolinho(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2020
FP please
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Kaduna1stson: 8:19am On Jun 03, 2020
Emmacolinho:
I stay in Alimosho LGA Lagos and I know many people here I have not heard of any Covid 19 patient taken out or brought back after being successfully treated. This makes me have doubts about this Virus

Do you know everybody in Alimosho local government?
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Emmacolinho(m): 8:23am On Jun 03, 2020
Kaduna1stson:

Do you know everybody in Alimosho local government?

Bros its not possible to evacuate such number and I won't be aware. I know many in different parts of this LGA and let me burst your brain a little. I attend CDA and other meetings and this are one of the issues we discuss there. Unless they evacuate them at midnight under disguise.
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by vedaxcool(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2020
[s]
Emmacolinho:

Bros its not possible to evacuate such number and I won't be aware. I know many in different parts of this LGA and let me burst your brain a little. I attend CDA and other meetings and this are one of the issues we discuss there. Unless they evacuate them at midnight under disguise.
[/s]

In your ignorance you think they evacuated all of them at once. It is sad this sort of intelligence permeates the youths of this country.
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by NettyNelly(m): 8:40am On Jun 03, 2020
Lagos mainland topping the list. I just hope this issue can be abated. It's a beautiful day, you can send in your request for a well designed logo. Check my signature. Have a beautiful day ahead.
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Emmacolinho(m): 9:21am On Jun 03, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

In your ignorance you think they evacuated all of them at once. It is sad this sort of intelligence permeates the youths of this country.

Eat some carrots and read again
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by helinues: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2020
Lagos Mainland – 1,274 cases

shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by swtdrms(m): 9:29am On Jun 03, 2020
T
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by swtdrms(m): 9:29am On Jun 03, 2020
Emmacolinho:

Mr Oga, the government is being proactive not to cause panic and avoid stigmatization against infected people. So it's been done secretly in most cases such that you won't even know.

From accounts I've read, you'll know only if the person chooses to be evacuated from his house. But for most people, they choose to be evacuated in places far from where they stay.

Stigmatization is a serious issues in this part of the world and the scar will live in your mind forever.

I was speaking with someone who sells in the market and he said despite the crowds in the market, he's never heard that anyone contacted it, and i asked him if he knows anyone who sells in the market but doesn't come to market this period because he travelled or he's not around and said ofcourse many. I then told him, anyone he had contacted in the market will only tell you he travelled, no one will tell you he contacted the virus because you market people will stigmatize such a person.

So don't just conclude.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Emmacolinho(m): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2020
swtdrms:

Mr Oga, the government is being proactive not to cause panic and avoid stigmatization against infected people. So it's been done secretly in most cases such that you won't even know.

From accounts I've read, you'll know only if the person chooses to be evacuated from his house. But for most people, they choose to be evacuated in places far from where they stay.

Stigmatization is a serious issues in this part of the world and the scar will live in your mind forever

Thanks for sharing this.
Re: COVID-19: 20 Local Government Areas In Nigeria With Highest Cases Revealed by Tunde835(m): 10:04am On Jun 03, 2020
Emmacolinho:
I Live There Too Nm havent nothing

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Should Forget Biafra – Anayo Nwosu / Picture of sergeant Richard Agba Killed By Boko-haram / Below Standard: Performance Of Biafrans When They Ruled Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.