Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date (12944 Views)

20,000 Students Have Benefited From FG's Student Loan, 240,000 More Soon / Till Date I Still Don't Know The Usefulness Of This Thing / Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers Pdf Free Download (1960 Till Date) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by NaijadrivaCars: 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
Anyone that didnt read this book probably had a NEPA certificate cheesy

There is a book that every educated Nigerian has read sometime in their lives. Your grandparents or great-great Grandparents may have read it if they attended at least Standard 6 (or present day Primary Six). If you haven't heard about Queens Primer, then you did not attend Nursery and Primary school in Nigeria.

Queen's Primer is an elementary textbook written to introduce and teach students how to read, write and spell in 'Queens' English. It was first published in 1800s in London by T. Nelson and Sons, (a publishing firm that began in West Bow, Edinburgh, Scotland in 1798) and still in use today! This means that the English Colonialists taught us English Language with it and handed it over to us. This is where we learnt how to read, spell, write and tables. It has been reprinted, redesigned over the years so we now have the book in colour. It is now printed in Nigeria by Nelson Publishers Ltd in Ibadan, Nigeria.

If you hear someone speak, I am "wenting", it is possible that person didn't go to school or didn't take English lessons from Queen's Primer seriously.

So, did you read it? What lessons from the book do you still remember?

Source: https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=e0b949c6156bdafe68d86cb792aec94a&news_entry_id=s7721da78200602en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=e316f8ec309ce3f080e052b709557166e51a3806&from=publisher

lalasticlala, mynd44, richiez, mukina2, dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by NaijadrivaCars: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Some people call it Queen PREMIER cheesy

modified
7thLemonLOVER:
It's Queens premier

See them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
Those days.......

I aff tire for Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by sesameq: 12:12am On Jun 04, 2020
Things fall apart, chinua Achebe
the lion and the jewel, woke Soyinka
the gods are not to be be blamed , ola rotimi and so on

12 Likes

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by omowolewa: 3:31am On Jun 04, 2020
The book is good
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by bukkysam(f): 4:29am On Jun 04, 2020
THERE IS NO ANY OTHER WAY EXCEPT THROUGH JESUS.
REPENT NOW BECAUSE THE NEXT SECOND IS NOT SURE.

2 Likes

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by RoyalBlu(f): 4:30am On Jun 04, 2020
Chai.

How can i forget this book cheesy

I remember these lines;

I go up

Up I go

Am I to go up...

A cat

A fat cat

A big fat cat

A big fat cat sat...

*Sweet memories*

OP thank you for reminding me how far I've come wink

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by phemmyfour: 6:12am On Jun 04, 2020
Indomie generation

My generation used brighter grammar

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by mu2sa2: 7:08am On Jun 04, 2020
bukkysam:

Mr man, nobody will tell you to stop this trash but yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 7:18am On Jun 04, 2020
It's Queens premier
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by cassidy1996(m): 7:46am On Jun 04, 2020
Okonkwo stood looking at the dead man. He knew that Umuofia would not go to war. He knew because they had let the other messengers escape. They had broken into tumult instead of action.

Excerpt from Things Fall Apart

1 Like

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by osamz007: 7:53am On Jun 04, 2020
I GATHER LIKE SEVEN COPIES FROM SCHOOL THAT TIME STORE FOR HOUSE BOTH PART ONE AND TWO.

AUNTY SUSAN GOD NO GO FORGIVE YOU Ogrin WETIN U TAKE MY EYES SEE TO LEARN THIS BOOK.

YOUR BEATINGS TOO MUCH THEN. I'M SEEING THE RESULTS NOW
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by iceboy4752(m): 8:00am On Jun 04, 2020
I remember how "I go up, up I go."
This post is also giving me a nostalgic feeling of that Ali and Simbi reader we used, alongside some novels like Born Without A Silver Spoon, Eze Goes To School, Sugar Girl, Chike And The River.
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by falcon01: 8:30am On Jun 04, 2020
bukkysam:

No. f your J in the A
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by falcon01: 8:31am On Jun 04, 2020
mu2sa2:
Mr man, nobody will tell you to stop this trash but yourself.
I will keep replying his or her nonsense
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by nazablossom(f): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2020
sesameq:
Things fall apart, chinua Achebe

the lion and the jewel, woke Soyinka

the gods are not to be be blamed , ola rotimi and so on
I read all smiley

1 Like

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by gungab(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2020
Sure
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by NettyNelly(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2020
Well to be honest I didn't read it. Meanwhile, do you need a well designed Logo to present your brand to your customers? Check my signature for more.
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by X0012(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
I read this book with tears in my eyes.
I go up. Up up I go mummy
Lol I was very stubborn grin
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by NaijadrivaCars: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
X0012:
I read this book with tears in my eyes.
I go up. Up up I go mummy
Lol I was very stubborn grin

cheesy Maybe na why Maths fit be your calling than English language. tongue

1 Like

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by Bluish44(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Never seen this before
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by NaijadrivaCars: 9:35am On Jun 05, 2020
Bluish44:
Never seen this before
Na Togo you go school
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by Shellsploit: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Naijadrivacars sef

I have the PDF copy incase you need it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by NaijadrivaCars: 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Shellsploit:
Naijadrivacars sef

I have the PDF copy incase you need it

Really? shocked

1 Like

Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by NaijadrivaCars: 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Bluish44:
Never seen this before
Like seriously?
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by dalexy101037(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
Bro.. How can I get the PDF file.. I need it seriously for something urgent.. My mail is dre101037@gmail.com. or drop your email or your digit Pls.. I need it badly... O
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by Shopatcandice(f): 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
please i need the pdf copy. please my email is shopatcandice11@gmail.com. thanks
Re: The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date by Micules: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hello pls I also need this book urgently.
My email is
Umicheanyi@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

LAUTECH May Hike Student Fees Ahead Of Planned January Resumption / We Are Not Aware Of Lautech’s Resumption, ASUU, SSANU Say / Rivers State University Student Writes Open Letter To The University's VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.