Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

How To Prosper By God's (Updated) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Prosper By God's (Updated) (302 Views)

Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? / One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince / The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prosper By God's (Updated) by nencounter10: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
There are four basic ways for born-again christians to prosper by God's word.They are:

1. By the Blessing of Abram
2. By the Blessing of the new creation
3. By the inheritance
4. By sowing and reaping.

I shall be talking only on the first three because they are not yet popular in the body of Christ
Re: How To Prosper By God's (Updated) by nencounter10: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
ABRAHAM'S BLESSING

WHAT ABRAHAM BLESSING REALLY IS

To bless means to empower to prosper and succeed.

When a person is empowered to prosper and succeed, he will prosper and succeed in all of his endeavors no matter the oppositions and hinderances.

Empowerment to prosper and succeed is spiritual in nature.

The Blessing of Abraham is the empowerment to prosper and succeed that God placed on Abraham because he obeyed his voice.

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BLESSING AND THE BLESSINGS

The Blessing(singular) is a spiritual empowerment to prosper and succeed.

The blessings(plural) are all the good things of life that shows that a person is prosperous and successful.

Genesis 28:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.

28:2 Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother.

28:3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people;

28:4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.

Above we see Isaac transferring the most important thing he God from Abraham( the Blessing) to Jacob.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Here we see Bible telling us that the Gentiles have the Blessing of Abraham placed on them by default.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Here we see Bible saying the new creature is blessed with all spiritual blessings.

THE EFFECT OF THE BLESSING ON THE LIFE OF ABRAHAM

(a)Favour

Genesis 12:14 And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair. 12:15 The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaoh's house. 12:16 And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels.

Genesis 20:14 And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his wife. 20:15 And Abimelech said, Behold, my land is before thee: dwell where it pleaseth thee.

(b)Victory over enemies

Genesis 14:15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus. 14:16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people. 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

(c) Fruitfulness

Genesis 21:1 And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. 21:2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. 21:3 And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac.

Genesis 25:1 Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah. 25:2 And she bare him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.

(d) Prosperity

Genesis 24:34 And he said, I am Abraham's servant. 24:35 And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.

(e) Greatness

Genesis 24:34 And he said, I am Abraham's servant. 24:35 And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.

THE EFFECT OF THE BLESSING ON THE LIFE OF ISAAC

(a) Greatness

Genesis 26:16 And Abimelech said unto Isaac, Go from us; for thou art much mightier than we.

(b) Prosperity

Genesis 26:12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. 26:13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 26:14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.

(c) Manifestation of God's presence

Genesis 26:28 And they said, We saw certainly that the LORD was with thee: and we said, Let there be now an oath betwixt us, even betwixt us and thee, and let us make a covenant with thee;

THE EFFECT OF THE BLESSING ON THE LIFE OF JACOB

(a)Prosperity

Genesis 30:40 And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstraked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle. 30:43 And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.

(b) Others blessed by association

Genesis 30:27 And Laban said unto him, I pray thee, if I have found favour in thine eyes, tarry: for I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake. 30:29 And he said unto him, Thou knowest how I have served thee, and how thy cattle was with me. 30:30 For it was little which thou hadst before I came, and it is now increased unto a multitude; and the LORD hath blessed thee since my coming: and now when shall I provide for mine own house also?

(c) Divine protection

Genesis 31:24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.

Genesis 35:5 And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.

THE NEW CREATION HAS UPON HIM THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

HOW TO MAKE THE BLESSING HAVE EFFECT ON YOUR LIFE

(a) Believe in the Blessing.
Let it be real to you, just as your name and sex is real to you, that the Blessing of Abraham is upon you.

Genesis 28:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan. 28:2 Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother. 28:3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; 28:4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.

(b)Confess the blessings

Confess daily that you are enjoying all the Good thing of life.That is faith. Faith calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

(c) Expect the blessings
Constantly expect the good things of life to find their way into your life

Genesis 28:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan. 28:2 Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother. 28:3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; 28:4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.
Re: How To Prosper By God's (Updated) by nencounter10: 4:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
THE BLESSING OF THE NEW CREATION

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

The above scripture says God has blessed us-the new creations- with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly places.

Why are all those blessings spiritual? They are spiritual because the needed to exist in a form that makes them storable in the heavely places( places in heaven).

"Why," you may ask,"were they stored in the heavenly places?"

The answer is found in the scripture below.

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

The answer is that they are sored in spiritual form in places in heaven for the purpose of preservation and safe keeping.

The BIG question is,"How do we transfer the blessings from the heaven places to the earthly places?"

The answer can be found in the scripture below:

Proverbs 12:14 A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.

So, the answer is this: by the confessions of your lips.
Confess every blessed day and frequently as possible that you have been blessed with every spiritual Blessing and that you are already enjoying them.That is faith. Faith calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
Re: How To Prosper By God's (Updated) by nencounter10: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
THE INHERITANCE

Bible tells us that in Christ we have obtained an inheritance.

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Bible further tells us that we are joint-heirs with christ.That is we jointly own all that Christ inherited from God.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Bible tells us what Christ inherited from God his father.

John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The above scripture tells us that Christ has inherited all that God has. That means we have inherited all that God has.

The question then is this: "What does God have?"
Without making any recourse to scriptures the answer to that question is: " All things, both visible and invisible, because God is the creator of all things"

1 Corinthians 3:21[b] Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;[/b]

So, now we know we have inherited ALL THINGS. BOTH VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE.

Bible says we are able to enjoy our share of the inhertance of the saints in light.See the following scriptures.

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 1:12
[12]and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.

[12]always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.

Colossians 1:11
[11](11-12) May you be made strong with all the strength which comes from his glorious power, so that you may be able to endure everything with patience. And with joy give thanks to the Father, who has made you fit to have your share of what God has reserved for his people in the kingdom of light.

[12]and always thankful to the Father who has made us fit to share all the wonderful things that belong to those who live in the Kingdom of light.

[12]Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified and made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the saints (God's holy people) in the Light.

The above scriptures says we are meet/qualified/fit to take our share of the inheritance.

One translation renders it as " has given us the ability to enjoy our share of the inheritance.

The next question is: where is our inhertance located?

The answer is found in the scripture below

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

So, the inhertance is reserved In heven for us.

Why is it reserved in heaven for us?

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

From the scripture above, it is for people preservation and safe keeping.

So now the BIG question is,"How do we transfer the inheritance from heaven to earth?"

The answer can be found in the scripture below:

Proverbs 12:14 A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.

So, the answer is this: by the confessions of your lips.
Confess every blessed day and frequently as possible that you have obtained an inhertance in christ and that you are already enjoying it now.That is faith. Faith calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Re: How To Prosper By God's (Updated) by nencounter10: 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
The summary of the whole matter is this: you are rich. You own vast and limitless inheritance.

Never, ever, call yourself poor. Bill gates, and Dangote do not come anywhere close to where you are in wealth and affluence.

Your wealth and riches are reserved safely in heaven for you. All you need to do is to transfer them from heaven to earth in order to enjoy them. All the good things of life belongs to you by right of inhertance.

Don't ever try to be rich. You will woefully fail at it. You cant't become what you already are.

Declare by faith that you are enjoying them now and your fauthd confession will be transformed to reality.
Re: How To Prosper By God's (Updated) by nencounter10: 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
This thread has been updated

(1) (Reply)

Why Governor Sanwoolu Won’t Open Religious On June 21 Anymore / 3 Reasons Why God Might Not Be Answering Your Prayers / The Lord Is My Shepherd, Is He Yours? - jesusjnr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.