Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Nreport_ep2 - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nreport_ep2 (1468 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nreport_ep2 by zPixel(m): 1:37pm On Jan 21, 2011
Episode 2 is here. Check it out wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[flash=550,430]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqKQSVPtzcA[/flash]
Re: Nreport_ep2 by aphek: 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
Hmmmmm! dark textured characters against an equally dark background.Bad use of negative space.I think you might want to lighten the background to enable ur characters stand out.Animation wise, Hmmmmmm!
Re: Nreport_ep2 by zPixel(m): 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2011
Noted.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by xothermik(m): 1:26am On Jan 22, 2011
grin. nice. significant improvement from episone 1. great improvement in the character acting. i specifically love the energy of adelakun. almost obasanjoish.  of course there are still some issues that need to be addressed (isn't there always  wink )

sad though an improvement from the eps 1, there are still some bad curves. you are immediately greeted with this when alhaji makes his first head turn. another part which i didn't pick up as well in the first one is the curves on the lip sinc. particularly when nwosu was speaking. very snappy mouth movement. almost stop motion like.

sad some slight editing issues. needs to be more coherent

sad the audio is also a bit of a distraction. needs to be more consistent. the recordings are apparently of different quality and background noise. very nollywood like.

sad the character's could use some more appeal in their gestures. for this style of animation, a lot of exaggeration is needed to make it work. sometimes they momentarily appear frozen . when they are in shot and not talking for instance.

sad i think the last thing is adelakun's torso that gets revealed in some of the early shots.fix the clothes or use a more friendly camera angle.

cheesy those are the main things i can see that need to be improved. but other than that i'd say its getting there with each episode. its still a very brave effort because i know the resource and time constraints you are dealing with. Hang in there guys. you have covered so much ground already. please keep up the great work.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by zPixel(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2011
@xothermik
Thanks for the crit and it's nice to always know what you think.
The next project will address all you've mentioned.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by damseremie(m): 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2011
there's not much to say, since xothermilk has already commented on all the major issues (besides chracter animation has never really been my strong suit lol)
Nice one man, as always improvements can be made,
Re: Nreport_ep2 by harakiri(m): 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2011
I'm still playing around with blender. . .lol

What software did you use for this?
Re: Nreport_ep2 by zPixel(m): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2011
Maya was used.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by harakiri(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
Did you do all this on your own or your work with a team? Must have taken a ton of hours!
Re: Nreport_ep2 by AdamuW: 11:09am On Jan 28, 2011
Nice work. I think most people who have commented have said what I would have said regarding technical issues. But another aspect is the creative content side. Or the emotional feel, the message you want to get across and in the manner. I'm not too sure but I think I mentioned this about your last one that I think some help on scripting and creative editing would have made this a lot stronger. It's something we struggle with too.

Besides that I'm going to share the hell out of this on all EVCL and Bino and Fino channels. It deserves to be seen.

Nice work and keep it up.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by AdamuW: 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2011
Getting good reactions to your vid via our twitter and facebook sites so expect more views. Good work. Nigerians have to see how our work can add to the media sphere in a valuable way.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by zPixel(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
@harakiri
Worked on this episode alone. But got additional help on the first episode.

@AdamuW
I've been waiting for your comment  smiley

It's really difficult working alone; you get so use to seeing your bad work that it starts looking good to you cry , I can't wait to work on a team project with talented and creative artists like you guys at EVCL wink Thanks for your support.

Also, thanks for the plug, noticed more traffic.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by AdamuW: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
You did the second alone? Respect man. I can't wait for the day where some of us collab on a project even if it's only a 5 minute flick. Ideally it'd be on something that pays.

It's tough as you know keeping a team together doing strictly highend VFX/animation work. It has been a challenge keeping the team together for the Bino&Fino project. I've been so focused on the business side that I probably couldn't animate a bouncing ball nowadays!

I've noticed you joined the EVCL twitter site. Join the Bino and fino twitter page http://twitter.com/#!/BinoandFino to see where I posted it up.

Keep it up.
Re: Nreport_ep2 by ugo2u(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2011
wonderful work, more power to your elbow, you are getting better with each episode, looking forward to upcoming episodes

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Designer Wanted , Cv To limin197575@yahoo.com / Resolution-independent Vector Sprites Enable For Fast Making Pictures Which Can / Amazing Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.