Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Is This what Suffering Looks Like? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This what Suffering Looks Like? (1080 Views)

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by lecoeur(m): 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
I greet you all
Pls I'm typing this out of anger (tears) with a broken android screen.
Pardon any grammatical mistake pls and help me.

Due to financial hiccups when my family came to Nigeria, I have this uncle my dad handed me over to back then late 2017. That month he took me to his place, he registered me with someone I can learn installation of dstv from. The person I was learning the work from is very dishonest, so people he's owing normally come to the place and embarrass me most times, I reported the issue to my uncle but he didn't address it.
So this day a policeman came to that shop and started to make trouble then I contacted my uncle to come see with his eyes and that's when he told me stop the work.
Do y'all know If someone asks him why I stopped he'll say I wasn't serious and I stopped suddenly.

Okay,
So he registered me for jamb the next year which was 2018 and I refused entering school for the fact my dad fell sick and lost hope of going to school. This my uncle promised to pay all my fees but admission came and he started disturbing me to start calling people that I've gotten admission and they should help me but I refused instead I told my mom the issue and she took some money from my dad's savings, she begged her family (They're rich) to help me and they did. I gathered all these money and started my registration of which this uncle was only giving me transport cos I was going from his house. I'm in my second year now and he paid half of the fees and told me to look some where else for the rest and I'm grateful for that .
But do y'all know at any slight provocation he starts to yell in the neighbourhood that he's paying for my school?

Fine,
He decided I learn Barbing and I loved it I humbled myself payed and started the work and in less than two weeks I started barbing people...
Do you know this man asked me to stop because of corona?...  He also told me he's not sure I will continue. There's nothing he will allow me do till I finish and he always blames me!
Even while I was waiting for admission I decided I teach French in a school, I got the job but he told me I shouldn't do it if not I'll leave his house.
He's a very hot tempered person who doesn't care or think before acting (almost killed his wife) he's full of lies and makes it public to paint you that is innocent a bad person, insults me with hurtful words that pierces my soul.
He once took me when I was 16 then to a police station for questioning concerning his missing item (God bears me witness I've never stolen any item from him till date) I don't follow bad gangs I'm always on my own, I'm an introvert.
Living with this man is really affecting me psychologically, imagine how a 17yrs+ old boy will be thinking so much, forgets things easily, always depressed and also affecting my performance in school my gp dropped from 3.82 to 2.4 last semester.
My mom doesn't know her own son is even going through all this, I haven't told her and I try to sound very cool on the phone with her I think telling her will create enemity between her and my paternal family.
I'm the first son of my father, pls help me I'm planning on killing my self if this continues, I've endured enough.
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Yawns

3 Likes

Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by faithfull18(f): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell your mum, let her get you out of that environment for your sanity.
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by GboyegaD(m): 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell your mom and move back to your parents. At worst, get a place to live in school upon resumption and you can continue with your barbing to assist your parents.
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by kroosx: 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
Suicide is never an option bro... I think you should open up to your mom

2 Likes

Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by adebayour26: 12:58am On Jun 04, 2020
Your GP dropped because of all these?
My brother, when you are looking for job, no one will listen to a shitty story about how you graduated with a low GP.

Bible says: "IF YOU FAIL IN THE DAYS OF ADVERSITY, YOUR STRENGTH IS SMALL"

3 Likes

Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by missjekyll: 1:48am On Jun 04, 2020
whatever you do, YOUR GP SHOULD NOT DROP. I expect you to graduate with a first class. Getting a good job is the only way to stop all the aggravation.

Keep out of his way. Do whatever he tells you to do. Finish your schooling. Since there is noone you can talk to,pull yourself together. no more wild talk of suicide. see you at the top

1 Like

Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by lecoeur(m): 6:03am On Jun 04, 2020
adebayour26:
Your GP dropped because of all these?
My brother, when you are looking for job, no one will listen to a shitty story about how you graduated with a low GP.

Bible says: "IF YOU FAIL IN THE DAYS OF ADVERSITY, YOUR STRENGTH IS SMALL"
Sir it has not been easy to for me at all but you said the truth, right now I can't even pull myself back up.
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by lecoeur(m): 6:10am On Jun 04, 2020
missjekyll:
whatever you do, YOUR GP SHOULD NOT DROP. I expect you to graduate with a first class. Getting a good job is the only way to stop all the aggravation.

Keep out of his way. Do whatever he tells you to do. Finish your schooling. Since there is noone you can talk to,pull yourself together. no more wild talk of suicide. see you at the top
Thanks.
sad
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by Bluehill1051: 6:29am On Jun 04, 2020
Little children full nairaland I swear

1 Like

Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by adebayour26: 7:48am On Jun 04, 2020
missjekyll:

@lecoeur, can you read this?
Please rise up to this challenge of life. It's a phase and it's gonna pass.
Several people have passed thru worse situations and most of them have come out triumphantly.

2 Likes

Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by lecoeur(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Little children full nairaland I swear
Hmm really?
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by pwettyJasmine(f): 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
I feel your pain but honestly you need to brace up. Life isn't fair to be honest.
I've read tru comments and i was expecting you to be told some more truth.

1. You have able to get in the right path of getting an education, pls do ur best to complete the race, you started well. Pls work on your CGPA you need it a lot. Work on rebuilding it. I pray God helps you

2. You sound a little stubborn, from what you wrote, you sound so. Your uncle told u to call other family members that you have gotten admission, that in its own tells you he was looking for support to be able to see u through schl but u refused to do that. Now he pays half of ur fees which you do not sound appreciative of neither can you afford it oh.
Pls come down ur invincible high horse, be grateful for whatever he does for you and hope for a better tomorrow. From ur write up, he houses you, feeds you and pays half your fees and u really didn't sound appreciative.

3. I do not support the part of him abusing you verbally but as an adult i know how annoying some teenagers can be, could it be that you provoke him b4 these happenings. If not whatever you are going through is a season that will pass.

4. He stopped you from going to the salon in your best interest. You only live once. If you catch the virus and bring it home it could be a disaster. Pls see it from this angle. As for stopping you from teaching french, honestly, i can't wrap my head as to why he stopped you.

5. Finally, you are a brilliant bright young man that in itself is a reason to live, its tough and annoying right now but in the end you will be fine, you have your mum to live for, i prays she sees you grow into a successful man. Pls hold on and don't give up.

1 Like

Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by StennyB(f): 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
It gets better. I've been in similar position. I'm a lady though and i stayed with an aunt. She always flare up if I ask her for money. And then if I ask my mom. She (my aunt) becomes angry that I asked my mom.

School was tough cause many felt my aunt was giving me money.but she doesn't. Sometimes I have practicals that last till 7pm and her house is an hours drive away but she hates that I don't come back earlier to cook. Meanwhile I do all the chores , wash curtains, windows, clothes, I do everything, i bathe d dog, wash the cars, weed the compound, trim d hedges but anytime my mom comes to visit I'm always free that day. Lol

She sent me out of the house in my 100lvl second semester and asked my mom to foot my bills cause " even wretched people send their kids to school " story for another day

Anyways I survived
And you will too. It gets better. Just keep hope alive and work hard, you will triumph.
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by akaahs(m): 2:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
See ehhh bro, in this life I have come to learned that is good after God to make ur mother ur best friend, always run to her for consolation, comfort, inspiration and advise. No matter how terrible or difficult ur situation is, she is ur mother she ll never abandoned U. From her advice U ll know what to do either follow it or find ur way out of d problem. Open up to her everything, God knows ur heart than kill urself.
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by lecoeur(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
pwettyJasmine:
I feel your pain but honestly you need to brace up. Life isn't fair to be honest.
I've read tru comments and i was expecting you to be told some more truth.

1. You have able to get in the right path of getting an education, pls do ur best to complete the race, you started well. Pls work on your CGPA you need it a lot. Work on rebuilding it. I pray God helps you

2. You sound a little stubborn, from what you wrote, you sound so. Your uncle told u to call other family members that you have gotten admission, that in its own tells you he was looking for support to be able to see u through schl but u refused to do that. Now he pays half of ur fees which you do not sound appreciative of neither can you afford it oh.
Pls come down ur invincible high horse, be grateful for whatever he does for you and hope for a better tomorrow. From ur write up, he houses you, feeds you and pays half your fees and u really didn't sound appreciative.

3. I do not support the part of him abusing you verbally but as an adult i know how annoying some teenagers can be, could it be that you provoke him b4 these happenings. If not whatever you are going through is a season that will pass.

4. He stopped you from going to the salon in your best interest. You only live once. If you catch the virus and bring it home it could be a disaster. Pls see it from this angle. As for stopping you from teaching french, honestly, i can't wrap my head as to why he stopped you.

5. Finally, you are a brilliant bright young man that in itself is a reason to live, its tough and annoying right now but in the end you will be fine, you have your mum to live for, i prays she sees you grow into a successful man. Pls hold on and don't give up.
Sometimes I do think he doesn't want my progress but I'm very grateful to him though.
I've been trying to look for something doing in order to stop demanding money from him but he always spoil things.
It's been long I demanded money from him, last time I did he insulted me smiley .
Aside from these things, he's a good man.
Thanks.
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by Shinny1: 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hmmm...is better you talk to your mum about it but before you do that make her promise you that she won't make trouble with it or start hating anybody...

She should tell your uncle to allow you start small work so that you will save for school and personal needs

Please bro don't kill yourself o.. because killing yourself won't help the matter rather it will cus more problem even for you mum

And most importantly for the sake of your mind spend less time with that your uncle cos the people you spend time with influences you alot..

And don't hesitate to tell God all these problems and pray that he touches his heart to allow you do the small small jobs you are doing... A change of heart towards you...the heart of a king is in God's hands.. proverb 21v1
Re: Is This what Suffering Looks Like? by XXLMANDIGO: 5:53am On Jun 05, 2020
Use your head lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Original T-shirt For Sale At An Affordable Price / Please! What Is Your Take On This Issue? Am I About To Make A Mistake? / Relocate To Uk Or Canada By 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.