Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie (504 Views)

What's Your Take On Re-incarnation: Truth Or Myth? / Are There Anything Called Grace / You Are In A Computer - Everything You Know Is A Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by ochibuogwu5: 2:40am On Jun 04, 2020
RE-INCARNATION IS A LIE:
Be careful of what you promote, teach people and believe because it will either keep you enslaved or set you free.
There is nothing like *re-incarnation* if not Adam and Eve will be the only people still exiting in the world from the beginning or creation till date. God created Adam and Eve from the dust of the earth not from any womb yet he gave them power to procreate and fill the earth (Genesis 1:26-28). Population growth from creation till date is a confirmation that re-incarnation is *a pure lie and deceit* as well as contradiction to the word of God who created all things *only by the word of His mouth*.

Every human being created by God is *unique* thus "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you [and approved of you as My chosen instrument],
And before you were born I consecrated you [to Myself as My own];
I have appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5),

each human being after Adam and Eve has *a unique womb* from which God brings him/her out even each day and activities of each human being is unique before he'she engages in them thus "For You formed my innermost parts;
You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was being formed in secret,
And intricately and skillfully formed [as if embroidered with many colors] in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were appointed for me,
When as yet there was not one of them [even taking shape]." (Psalm 139:13-16 amp).

Before human beings were even placed inside woman's womb we have been uniquely created before the foundation of the world inside Jesus Christ for holiness and righteousness through love thus "just as [in His love] He chose us in Christ [actually selected us for Himself as His own] before the foundation of the world, so that we would be holy [that is, consecrated, set apart for Him, purpose-driven] and blameless in His sight. In love" (Ephesians 1:4 amp)
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Jun 04, 2020
ochibuogwu5:

Every human being created by God is *unique* thus "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you [and approved of you as My chosen instrument],
I have appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
But nothing in that one verse alone opposes the notion of reincarnation.

ochibuogwu5:
each human being after Adam and Eve has *a unique womb* from which God brings him/her out even each day and activities of each human being is unique before he'she engages in them thus "For You formed my innermost parts;
." (Psalm 139:13-16 amp).
The verse does not say anything about a unique womb and it certainly does not state that God cannot form one more than once.
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by letu(m): 3:54am On Jun 04, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
RE-INCARNATION IS A LIE:
Be careful of what you promote, teach people and believe because it will either keep you enslaved or set you free.
There is nothing like *re-incarnation* if not Adam and Eve will be the only people still exiting in the world from the beginning or creation till date. God created Adam and Eve from the dust of the earth not from any womb yet he gave them power to procreate and fill the earth (Genesis 1:26-28). Population growth from creation till date is a confirmation that re-incarnation is *a pure lie and deceit* as well as contradiction to the word of God who created all things *only by the word of His mouth*.

I have appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5),

I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was being formed in secret,
And intricately and skillfully formed [as if embroidered with many colors] in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were appointed for me,
When as yet there was not one of them [even taking shape]." (Psalm 139:13-16 amp).

Before human beings were even placed inside woman's womb we have been uniquely created before the foundation of the world inside Jesus Christ for holiness and righteousness through love thus "just as [in His love] He chose us in Christ [actually selected us for Himself as His own] before the foundation of the world, so that we would be holy [that is, consecrated, set apart for Him, purpose-driven] and blameless in His sight. In love" (Ephesians 1:4 amp)
Are you sure that you are of Igbo heritage, so you didn't learn anything from your Ancestors is it why you are here judging reincarnation base on Bible that has been edited more than a 200 times by using the method of Addition and subtraction all this was done by white people who colonized your land, I tell you this you shouldn't really entirely on your pastor's and your white colonial masters legacies, try and read the Bible for your self both the one that was added and those that were subtracted.
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Jun 04, 2020
letu:
Are you sure that you are of Igbo heritage, so you didn't learn anything from your Ancestors is it why you are here judging reincarnation base on Bible that has been edited more than a 200 times by using the method of Addition and subtraction all this was done by white people who colonized your land, I tell you this you shouldn't really entirely on your pastor's and your white colonial masters legacies, try and read the Bible for your self both the one that was added and those that were subtracted.
What does his ancestry have to do with his stance on any issue? Did you not read that those who follow the Bible God cannot serve two masters?
How can he serve his ancestors and serve God at the same time? Abi you drink KaiKai? undecided undecided
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by letu(m): 4:06am On Jun 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What does his ancestry have to do with his stance on any issue? Did you not read that those who follow the Bible God cannot serve two masters?
How can he serve his ancestors and serve God at the same time? Abi you drink KaiKai? undecided undecided
Then start practicing what you just preach by changing your name from Kobojunkie to Johnson, that's if you're serious on what you said about cannot serve two masters.
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Jun 04, 2020
letu:
Then start practicing what you just preach by changing your name from Kobojunkie to Johnson, that's if you're serious on what you said about cannot serve two masters.
Why? Because you are the law of me? undecided undecided undecided
****roll eyes*****
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by Freddykrueger: 5:14am On Jun 04, 2020
It's normal to fear what you don't understand. But it gets worse when you go online to expose your ignorance while claiming to be educated. The same bible you used ignorantly has several scriptures backing reincarnation.
A number of key Biblical passages support reincarnation. The most well known is a series of passages which establish that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah:

"See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the LORD you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come," says the LORD Almighty. (Malachi 3:1)

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes." (Malachi 4:5)

But the angel said to him "do not be afraid, Zechariah; your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John…And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah…to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." (Luke 1:13,17)

Then three times, that we know of, Jesus assured his disciples that John the Baptist really was Elijah returned:

"But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him."
(Mark 9:13)

"For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come." (Matt 11:13-14)

"But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
(Matt 17:12-13)

That it was quite usual to believe in reincarnation in Jesus' day is shown by this passage from John:

As he went along he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:1-2)

If the man was being punished for his own sin, and he was born blind, his sin must have been from a previous life - obviously Jesus' disciples were familiar with the idea of reincarnation, and it was quite acceptable to talk about it.

So next time you come online to share your misinformation, know that many world religions, not just Christianity support reincarnation.
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by Kobojunkie: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2020
You had me up until this point...
Freddykrueger:
That it was quite usual to believe in reincarnation in Jesus' day is shown by this passage from John:
As he went along he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:1-2)
If the man was being punished for his own sin, and he was born blind, his sin must have been from a previous life - obviously Jesus' disciples were familiar with the idea of reincarnation, and it was quite acceptable to talk about it.
So next time you come online to share your misinformation, know that many world religions, not just Christianity support reincarnation.
The question asked Jesus by the disciples leads us to understand that they held on still to an old belief(no longer valid at the time) found in Exodus 34 ...

Exodus 34 vs 5-7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord.
6. And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
7. Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
... but had already been done away with by God in Ezekiel 18.

Ezekiel 18 vs 4
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,
2. What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3. As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4. Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
However, Jesus' response to the question asked by His disciples suggests that the sickness/illness/disease in question had nothing to do with sin but the will of God.

John 9 vs 1-5
1. While Jesus was walking, he saw a man who had been blind since the time he was born.
2. Jesus’ followers asked him, “Teacher, why was this man born blind? Whose sin made it happen? Was it his own sin or that of his parents?”
3. Jesus answered, “It was not any sin of this man or his parents that caused him to be blind. He was born blind so that he could be used to show what great things God can do.
4. While it is daytime, we must continue doing the work of the one who sent me. The night is coming, and no one can work at night.
5. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
A similar retort was given by Jesus after He was informed that Lazarus, His friend, was sick.

John 10 vs 1-7
1. There was a man named Lazarus who was sick. He lived in the town of Bethany, where Mary and her sister Martha lived.
2. (Mary is the same woman who put perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair.) Mary’s brother was Lazarus, the man who was now sick.
3. So Mary and Martha sent someone to tell Jesus, “Lord, your dear friend Lazarus is sick.”
4. When Jesus heard this he said, “The end of this sickness will not be death. No, this sickness is for the glory of God. This has happened to bring glory to the Son of God.”
5. Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.
6. So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days
7. and then said to his followers, “We should go back to Judea.”
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by Missyajoke(f): 8:03am On Jun 04, 2020
Re-incarnation is real just that most people don't believe in it. Just like most people don't believe in vodoo.
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by sonmvayina(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2020
When I was at school, a friend failed his end-of-year exams and had to repeat a grade. We all moved on, but he was held back.

Some think reincarnation is like repeating a year at school: while some souls graduate to the next world, others are sent right back down to rectify things.

But that’s not quite how it works.

A better metaphor would be a mobile data rollover plan. The phone company gives you 5 GB of data per month. Anything unused at the end of one month rolls over to the following month. So if you used only 4 GB in November, the remaining 1 GB is applied to your December allowance, giving you 6 GB for that month.

Your soul has multiple gigabytes of spiritual energy and Divine potential. This is the power G‑d has invested in you to fulfill your mission in life. You use that potential by doing mitzvahs. Every mitzvah activates another gigabyte of your soul energy. You have been given an allotted number of days in this world to utilize your gigabytes.

At the end of the billing cycle, when your time comes to leave this life, the activated parts of your soul go to a higher place, because that part of you has completed its mission on earth. But if you have unused soul potential, if you didn't activate all of the energy invested in you, then that unused part of your soul comes back again in another body to finish the job.

So when someone passes away, we pray that their soul find rest in heaven, because that’s where the already-used part of the soul is found. As for the unused part of the soul, it will come back down for another go-round.
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by sonmvayina(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2020
One of life’s greatest challenges is to understand “why?”

Often when faced with crisis, trauma, or bereavement, we intuitively search for meaning and purpose. Cold realization that we may never fathom circumstance leaves us numb.

One avenue in which Kabbalah refreshes our faith is in its presentation of reincarnation and soul migration. Although no overt reference is made in the scripture to the subject, however the greatest Kabbalists—notably the Arizal as quoted in the work Shaar HaGilgulim (Gate of Reincarnation), expound clearly its principles.

The soul is eternal, a spark of the Divine, or as the prophet Job calls it “a part of G‑d above.” The soul exists before it enters the body and it lives after the body is laid to rest. Though the soul’s place of origin is in the higher worlds, there is something that the soul can achieve in a body that it cannot achieve in the heavenly realms. It has already been explained that the purpose of creation is to make an abode for the Divine in this world. Although higher worlds are glorious in terms of revelation and offer the best reward for a soul after it has achieved its earthly mission, the heavenly realms are not the purpose of creation. It was G‑d’s desire to create a world where His presence would be acutely concealed and darkness and evil would prevail. He charged his children with the task of creating a home in this world, and the soul fulfills that mission by its adherence to Torah and Mitzvot.

Kabbalah explains that the soul is comprised of 613 channels, which parallel the 248 limbs and 365 blood Vessels of the body. These 613 channels attain eternal elevation when all 613 Mitzvot are fulfilled by a soul in its earthly descent.

Usually a soul does not manage to fulfill all the commandments in one descent, and the Arizal writes that every soul must be repeatedly reincarnated until it has fulfilled all 613 Mitzvot in thought, speech, and action. In the previous chapter, the notion of purification through Gehinom was introduced.

Here the soul is cleansed in order to be elevated to the Garden of Eden. How is this concept reconciled with the possibility of reincarnation and a return to our world? The Kabbalists explain that when a soul returns to this world, the part of the soul that was elevated by its Torah learning and Mitzvah performance is not reincarnated, rather it is only the other parts of the soul that were not affected by the first incarnation that return. The possibility of a soul being divided and part of a soul being reincarnated is discussed at length in Kabbalah. The original idea stems from the fact that the soul of Adam was composed of all future souls, and the soul of Jacob was comprised of 70 parts which were then further subdivided into the 600,000 souls of Israel. These 600,000 were then subdivided further into another 600,000. Through various reincarnations all parts of the soul are elevated and once the entire soul has been elevated the soul is no longer reincarnated. This explains the strange phenomena of why certain people engage in a specific Mitzvah in which they excel. It could be that the person’s soul descended again for sake of that specific Mitzvah.

Souls may also be reincarnated to complete a certain task, repay a debt, or rectify a sin. In fact the concept of reincarnation as rectification for sin is well documented by the Kabbalists.

Most fascinating is the study of soul migration, which is how a soul from a previous generation is reincarnated in a later generation into a specific set of circumstances which are tailored to engineer a rectification of a previous sin. Of the hundreds of examples, we shall quote one here which is documented in the book Shaarei Teshuvah (Gates of Repentance), written by Rabbi Dovber of Lubavitch, a foremost Kabbalist and chassidic Rebbe. When we take a look at the period in history of the expulsion of the Jews from Spain in 1492, we stand perplexed as to why that generation had the awesome task of deciding between apostasy and burning at the stake. Why was it at this particular junction of Jewish history, Jews had to endure such horrible torture and exile at the hands of the Inquisition?

Rabbi Dovber writes the following:

In the times of the first Temple, they served G‑d and did not cast from themselves the yolk of heaven, except in certain idolatrous practices for which they had tremendous desire, so much so that there were only left 7,000 people that had not succumbed to Baal worship in the days of Ahab. All the Kings who served these idols were great men, and they were tainted with this heinous sin of idolatry. All these generations, who were most elevated souls, did not receive their rectification and elevation until the times of the philosophers in the time of Rashi and the Rambam until the time of the Arizal, which was from the year 4856 (1096) in the days of Rashi until the expulsion of Jews from Portugal in the year 5252 (1492), and until the time of the Arizal in 5333 (1573). The Arizal explicitly stated that in his time, the period of destruction that had swept the Jewish world for the last nearly 500 years had ended. All those who had sacrificed their lives in sanctification of G‑d’s name in their thousands, and tens of thousands in each generation, all of them were souls of the first Temple. Their sin was that they had previously served idols and had nourished the Kelipot and therefore their rectification was to give up their lives in sanctification of G‑d’s name with simple faith which transcended any logic or philosophy.

Imagine a soul that entered the heavenly realms in the days of the first Temple that had been tainted by the grave sin of idolatry. The soul would greatly anticipate and appreciate an opportunity to descend once again to rectify its mistake. Any momentary pain involved, including the murderous moment of being burned alive is worth it to gain eternal elevation. Hence the soul descended to a body in a later generation for rectification.

Although the body of the Spanish Jew could not comprehend why he was being hauled through this torture, what was happening was essentially a kindness for it was the key to eternal elevation. In fact, the Kabbalists point out that the Hebrew word for “reincarnation”—Gilgul—has the same “numerical value” (gematria) as the word Chessed—“kindness.” Such presentations however have their limitations. Could one explain the Holocaust with reincarnation? The Lubavitcher Rebbe was of the opinion that although the concept of reincarnation may be a component in explaining the events of the Holocaust, one could not possibly think of such a hideous crime that would warrant such atrocities. It would be arrogant even to suggest a reason for such merciless extermination and brutality. Rather, one must take the humble position that such tragedy is beyond us. In the words of the prophet, “My ways are not your ways and My thoughts are not your thoughts says G‑d.”

Though not all sufferings can be explained by reincarnation, there may however, be help in explaining tragedies such as the deaths of people taken suddenly in accidents, illness, or war. It could be that their souls needed to return to this world for a certain amount of time in order to fulfill a certain purpose, and when that purpose had been achieved, the soul could return to its eternal abode. This may also give comfort to some couples who are devastated by infertility. It could be that a couple has already fulfilled the Mitzvah of procreation in a previous incarnation, and is therefore not required to have a birth child to fulfill the Mitzvah. It must however be noted that calculations of reincarnation should never deter one from doing all that is necessary within the parameters of Jewish law to procreate.

“The hidden matters are for G‑d, and the revealed aspects for us and our children.” One should walk simply before G‑d, and it is beyond the vision of mere mortals to figure out whose reincarnation one may be. However, in times of challenge and specifically when we feel out of control, it is good to know that all has been meticulously planned and executed in the Divine kaleidoscope.

A Final Comforting Word:

There is a verse in the book of Samuel: “For die we must, like water flows on the ground and that cannot be gathered up again; and G‑d favors not a soul, but He devises means that he that is banished be not cast away from Him” (II Samuel 14:14). Citing the closing phrase of this verse as an assurance that no one banished from G‑d by his sins will remain banished, Rabbi Schneur Zalman writes that every Jew will eventually return to G‑d, either in this incarnation or another.
Re: Anything Called Re-incarnation Is A Lie by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Jun 05, 2020
As far as analogies for reincarnation go, that is a terrible one. grin

(1) (Reply)

This Pretty Lady Claims To Be A Witch / The Truth Behind The 37yrs Yoke Of Barrenness Broken In The Lords Chosen Church. / Surah Naas In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.