Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage (2296 Views)

Man Dumps Wife For Being A Bad Cook / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by Bigtee(m): 10:43am On Jan 27, 2006
What Will You Do To Squash You Parents Beef?

Hi,

Its is not new to see couples in hot exchange of vulgar words in the presence of the chidren, having fist fight in their room depriving their kids sleep from the brawl.

So they say marriage is not a bed of roses, a marriage matures when misunderstanding come in.
Well how can the kids have a good foundation or perception of how marriage/family life should be?
Any way, the issue today is the the kids have a part to play in all these. Now i ask how can kids interfere respectfuly to SQUASH their parents BEEF

Holla back.
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by hotangel2(f): 3:53am On Jan 30, 2006
Wow... this is something.

By quashing, do you mean like what a child will do when they are fighting? Mostly you see the kids supporting their mummy. Or tryna beat daddy so he can stop. Something like that.

Lemme know if i didn't get the question right.
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by Scorpio(f): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2006
Well, it depends on the age of the child. if he/she is old enough to interfere without gettin his a%$ kicked, me thinks he/she can sit both parents down n talk to them as in let them know that their fighting and quarreling really hurts. if it's a much younger child who really can't do nuthin, i suggest he/she just leave the house, take a walk or do something else instead of listening to the parents fight. In as much as we all hate the idea of a divorce, sometimes it might be the best choice both parents will make for the benefit of the children. cool am i makin any sense at all? undecided
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by nike4luv(f): 1:34am On Jan 31, 2006
thats what i do! i mean a marriage cannot exist without an argument, its never done! but a child that is old enough should be able to sit them down and talk to them, it deppends because i understood these stuff since i was about 9 and i knew what it was, children that say their parents divorce, i kind of want to blame them because they should have seen it coming but i guess they didnt.
when u see your parents uttering vulgar words at each other, don't try and support one side because u aint going to solve anything, that's when my lawyer technique comes in [i aint a lawyer], i first talk to them at different places first, hear what theyy feel then call them both together, i switch off the tele at their favourite programme so all attention is on me!
but what i notice is that when u trying to find some things out, its the women that have most complaints i mean the men just kind of say 'oh i don't know, she just doesnt say anything' [this doesnt apply to all though]

all am saying is, don't take sides, its not going to work, when little arguments happen, start and get into that before it turns to anything u can't control!

i work step by step
1.) observe
2.)talk to mummy [she says like a million things]
3.)talk to daddy, he really haves nothing to say
4.)jott down some notes
5.) meet up with them and talk about it
6.) if they don't listen, i talk to them like teenages , am the mummy they are the naughty kidsĀ  tongue
7.) if its settled, then i ask em if i gain weight or not grin [then dey say my chest bone is popping out]

sorry, but its not a joke thing o! embarassed
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by hotangel2(f): 2:18am On Jan 31, 2006
nike4luv:
children that say their parents divorce, i kind of want to blame them because they should have seen it coming but i guess they didnt.

What if the child was a baby and couldnt talk? Do u still blame him/her for the divorce?
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by Seun(m): 2:29am On Jan 31, 2006
Nike, I think it is ridiculous for a young child to have to be the one playing the role of marriage counselor. That is like trying to kill an elephant with a biro. And it is very, very wrong of you to blame your friends for their parent's divorce. Very, very wrong.

A child that is trying to get her parents to get along will live a miserable life and die of guilt when they eventually separate. Which they will, whether you like it or not. If your parents are not mature, report them to trained experts that can teach them marital common-sense. That is all that can be done.

It must be a terrible experience to live in a home where there is no peace - personally I can't survive for 1 week in such an environment. Sorry! Just make sure that you choose wisely when it's your turn to get married. Don't base your choice on sentiments.
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by icingbaby(f): 2:37am On Jan 31, 2006
when they have a bad marriage they should divorce and go their separate ways if they think or know they can not get along, because couples that fight a lot can damage the kids in some ways it not good to fight in front of your kids.
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by Lovena(f): 7:05am On Jan 31, 2006
Seun i support in what you suggest is a good advance

Thanks
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by dejiolowe: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2006
if ur parents are fighting, call the police. the shame won't let them do it around u anymore. but if they r going to divorce, u cant stop them. the earlier the better.
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by nike4luv(f): 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2006
hot-angel:

What if the child was a baby and couldnt talk? Do u still blame him/her for the divorce?

what i said was i kind of want to blame them because they should have seen it coming but i guess they didnt.

dat didnt mean i blame them, it might not occur to some children

Seun:

Nike, I think it is ridiculous for a young child to have to be the one playing the role of marriage counselor. That is like trying to kill an elephant with a biro. And it is very, very wrong of you to blame your friends for their parent's divorce. Very, very wrong.

A child that is trying to get her parents to get along will live a miserable life and die of guilt when they eventually separate. Which they will, whether you like it or not. If your parents are not mature, report them to trained experts that can teach them marital common-sense. That is all that can be done.

It must be a terrible experience to live in a home where there is no peace - personally I can't survive for 1 week in such an environment. Sorry! Just make sure that you choose wisely when it's your turn to get married. Don't base your choice on sentiments.

i found that funny, oh hell i know, a child is too young, but the life i lived permits me to know what is going on thank u very much! i couldnt give the monkey if am old enough or not..if i dont do it, who would? a councellor?
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by nikinash(f): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2006
what i said was i kind of want to blame them because they should have seen it coming but i guess they didnt.

its very wrong to blame or want to blame kids for their parents divorce, separation or whatever. we all (including parents) make choices. it is the choice of parents whether or not to get married in the first place and if they chose to fight continually before their kids, its also a choice and if they do decide to go ahead and get divorced no child should be blamed for it, no matter what the child did or not do. moreover, children should never have to play referees between thier parents.
Re: When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage by Rhodalyn(f): 12:31am On Feb 18, 2006
Seun:

i see u really believe in justice wink

(1) (Reply)

25 Manners Every Kid Should Know By Age 9 / What Would You Do To Your Mum?? / My Sister Runs Away From Home Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.