Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Nigeria Version Of “i Can’t Breath” - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria Version Of “i Can’t Breath” (369 Views)

My Husband Can’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Version Of “i Can’t Breath” by livingcenter: 8:39am On Jun 04, 2020
NIGERIA VERSION OF “I CAN’T BREATH”

“I can’t breath” is a short statement which means so many meaning in different context in Nigeria.

On the 25th May 2020,George Floyd an African America man was killed by Minneapolis us police,a white officer by pressing his knee into Floyd ‘s neck for several minutes as he pleaded for air just because he is a black man.
The last statement that came out of Floyd mouth was “I can’t breath before he died.

The officer action is reflection of racism for blacks in America, which Nigeria have its version in so many Ways in family,in companies,in society and in politics.

Racism is a negative mindset which bring about hatred towards someone owing to so many factors such as color,race,language or wealth etc
Racism is a negative mindset which is develop in two ways
1)From family
2)From society

I can’t breath in Nigeria version means so many things that is going on in the society ,in families ,in politics ,in companies in Nigeria .

To my point of view,”I can’t breath” started in most families when parents cannot feed their children,leaving poverty for their children,making most children to look for food by all means which lead many children to join bad gang,arm robbery,kidnappers and many of them have been killed in the act,which means I can’t breath.

When children are developing bad character that will lead to bad behavior in the society that might make someone to lose their life that means I can’t breath.

When in wealthy family ,friends,family members , are only been given fish instead to teach them how to fish,it means I can’t breath which had force many do the wrong things and many have lost their life in the process of want to be wealthy quickly in life.

When Nigerian politicians and leaders in government,promised Nigerians during election and now they are in power to steal money for himself and his family only then it means I can’t breath to the citizens because it had lead many to poverty and lost of life.

When Nigeria government official travel abroad and they are enjoying good things of life such as good road,hospital,hotels,good working system but fail to implement such here in Nigeria ,that means I can’t breath to Nigerians.

In companies when employers of labor is just after the income and careless about the employees vision and future and ,many employee have worked for many years and they still in one position while some have been sacked ,it means I can’t breath.

I cant breath started in most families and it spread to the society and society spread across the country and it is affecting the citizens in a negative way and bring underdevelopment.

when some people are scamming others and you are telling the world i am wealthy from money you stole ,it means i can't breath.

When some Nigeria are raping ladies and killing them,it means I can’t breath and have negative impact to the society.
Parents if you fail to play your role and train your children and they go out to the society and they are causing I can’t breath then you are part of the problem.

You and I, have a role to play and ensure we are doing right thing that will bring transformation to lives to other and make Nigeria a safe place to stay for everyone .

We must change the statement “I can’t breath” to “I can breath” which mean ,I have life then I can survive and be happy about life.
written by LIVING COAST MOTIVATION CENTER.
livingcoastmotivationcenter@gmail.com

Re: Nigeria Version Of “i Can’t Breath” by TheSourcerer: 8:58am On Jun 04, 2020
NIGERIA protest or a swift revolution is the only way to change the status quo , or return disporas to lead , this cannot happen , so we are only left with swift change of government or a protest,
We are loud
We suffer and smile and keep quite

The U.S are loud
They suffer they speak with one voice and get louder till their heard
Re: Nigeria Version Of “i Can’t Breath” by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:10am On Jun 04, 2020
Thank you for letting us know what we already know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

21 Questions Every Youth Must Answer+(12 Principles Of Choosing Marriage Partner / 2003 Toyota Camry Available For Sale At Lekki Lagos / I Don't Just Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.