Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction (2489 Views)

Which Section Of Nairaland Can't You Do Without In A Day / Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success / My Husband's Addiction Is Destroying My Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 8:02am On Jun 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Pettiness, jealousy and a total inability to function outside trolling and making vile remarks is your REFLECTION. No one does it better than you. Goodluck trying to change your lingo henceforth.

Have a nice day... grin grin
Talking about addiction to Nairaland is now pettiness and jealousy? grin Did you learn this from ABSU?
If I was guilty of vile remarks,i will be banned but I won't because I don't insult people.

You're the one who's been insulting me and my fiancée on a matter I shared here myself.

You can keep seeing that guy in your dreams babe

6 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Pavore9:

Do you need it to help me file my income tax returns? cheesy
Is the salary even enough to be filed in your tax returns? grin
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Mariangeles(f): 8:09am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

That's the reason you still can't find a boyfriend who will propose marriage, you're looking for them on cyberspace grin

You think so? cheesy
You think for a priceless jewel like me, men are hard to get?
Dude! I'm so special and rare, and I even know it.
Even you can't get me off your mind and mentions. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Mariangeles:

You think so? cheesy
You think for a priceless jewel like me, men are hard to get?
Dude! I'm so special and rare, and I even know it.
Even you can't get me off your mind and mentions. grin
What are your measurements? Height, bust,waist and facial features. We need to know exactly what makes you rare and priceless angry

5 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Pavore9: 8:22am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

Is the salary even enough to be filed in your tax returns? grin

Of course it is not. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Mariangeles(f): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

What are your measurements? Height, bust,waist and facial features. We need to know exactly what makes you rare and priceless angry

What wouldn't you give to know? cheesy
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 8:26am On Jun 05, 2020
Pavore9:

Of course it is not. cheesy
My point exactly,you're a smart one. cheesy Your employer should pay you so much more for the time and resources dedicated to his forum, at least enough to reflect on your tax returns grin

3 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2020
Mariangeles:

What wouldn't you give to know? cheesy
I deal with numbers,so give me those numbers. Don't be shy.
Some diamonds are rare & priceless because of their carat number, what's your number baby

3 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Mariangeles(f): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

I deal with numbers,so give me those numbers. Don't be shy.
Some diamonds are rare & priceless because of their carat number, what's your number baby

Don't you think you're being too desperate? 'Cause it is beginning to get too obvious cheesy

I know you're going through some difficulties but that should not be an excuse to display foolery and desperation.
Stai tranquillo

7 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 9:11am On Jun 05, 2020
Mariangeles:

Don't you think you're being too desperate? 'Cause it is beginning to get too obvious cheesy

I know you're going through some difficulties but that should not be an excuse to display foolery and desperation.
Stai tranquillo
Too desperate for what? You? cheesy

Awka diamond grin

3 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by blessedvisky(m): 9:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:
Social media has almost completely changed how many of us communicate and it can be a useful way to stay connected. But is there a point where the obsession with this modern phenomenon goes from harmless fun to an intrusion on your life?

If you’re guilty of any of the following, then maybe it’s time for you to take a step back.
The focus here is on Nairaland.

I know this is a targeted post but it helped me reflect and see what I've been really up to. I will retrace my steps, spend less time (I'm on 1.42 hrs/day) and only visit where I can get valuable information. Thanks a lot.

If you are interested in knowing how to calculate the amount of resources you have given to Nairaland, check below.

I know this is a targeted post but it helped me reflect and see what I've been really up to. I will retrace my steps, spend less time (I'm on 1.42 hrs/day) and only visit where I can get valuable information. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 9:27am On Jun 05, 2020
blessedvisky:

You're welcome. Thanks for getting something from it

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by KanwuliaExtra: 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
Not applicable. Only show up when I am idle.
Too many series to binge on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. The Spring-Summer weather is beautiful outside . . . . Too much to do outdoors too!

Those days are long gone! kiss
I am addicted to my family and my JOB!
Nairaland is NEITHER, so. . . . . KPASH! cool

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Aurelius1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:
Below are some of the results we got by using our analytics web metrics tool on the profiles of some Nairalanders:

Pocohantas
Time spent: 5,208 hours in total by spending 2hours every day since 2014
Comments: 15,631 posts in total by making 7 comments every day since 2014

Cococandy
Time spent: 5,952 hours in total by spending 3hours every day since 2014
Comments: 28,056 posts in total by making 8 comments every day since 2014

Mariangeles
Time spent: 2,976 hours in total by spending 3hours every day since 2017
Comments: 10,653 posts in total by making 9 comments every day since 2017
It seems these 3 ladies are your nairaland crushes.

5 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Hathor5(f): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

That's a moniker, you are her?

If I were I would know it is a moniker. How many monikers have you got?

1 Like

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Tripitaka: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic. Please how do i do this calculation, I'm pretty confused.
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Karleb(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
I am addicted to nairaland and It's the only addiction I am so proud of.

1 Like

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Tripitaka:
Romangalactic. Please how do i do this calculation, I'm pretty confused.
It's pretty straightforward.

1. For your hrs/day:
Total time spent online (hours) ÷ Total stretch of time (days)

To compute hours: 24hrs × 31days × nMonths
To compute stretch of time: 365days × nYears

2. For your comments/day
Total nComments ÷ Total stretch of time (days)

By the time you're done,you get an idea on how much time you spend on Nairaland. cheesy
Like the example I used about my SystemSpecs babe Pocohantas who has made 7 comments every single day since 2014 while spending 2hours every single day in this same period. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Aurelius1:
It seems these 3 ladies are your nairaland crushes.
No be only crushes grin
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
Not applicable. Only show up when I am idle.
Too many series to binge on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. The Spring-Summer weather is beautiful outside . . . . Too much to do outdoors too!

Those days are long gone! kiss
I am addicted to my family and my JOB!
Nairaland is NEITHER, so. . . . . KPASH! cool
I noticed. Your activity here has reduced tremendously when compared to your heydays.
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by KanwuliaExtra: 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

I noticed. Your activity here has reduced tremendously when compared to your heydays.

Oh yeaaaaah!
Then I used to work nights and used NL to keep awake. For the past 5 years. . . . No addiction abeg! grin

Sleep is MOST important for my OLD age, and I have a lot of catching up to do. Makes me younger, less psychotic and more focused on the MOST important things NL or social media can NEVER offer. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by karli4nia(m): 10:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Romangalactic:
Social media has almost completely changed how many of us communicate and it can be a useful way to stay connected. But is there a point where the obsession with this modern phenomenon goes from harmless fun to an intrusion on your life?

If you’re guilty of any of the following, then maybe it’s time for you to take a step back.
The focus here is on Nairaland.

I like to appreciate the constructive parts of your posts. It serves as red flag to me, hence I need to re-evaluate what I mostly spend my attention on in life.

Many things we do in life, are in the final analysis utterly frivolous and ego driven. An ego trip!!

Nairaland, evidently has its many benefits, however, it is addictive. It feels like there is more life vibrating on here than on the outside real world.
But, it is delusional, it's an easy -to -fall- into trap.
A very dangerous snare for the soul, a major source of all forms of mental, psychological and personality disorders mostly for those who don't know how to use this forum with a lot of consciousness.

It may be hard, but we must learn to apply the law of equilibrium in all we do. We must know when to slow down and stop.

It's taking me much sacrifice to break free from the addictiveness of NL and WhatsApp. But, I am seeing the benefits already gradually.

Many bad psychological habits, etc.
We all lie to ourselves, we are all going nuts, we ignore the things that matter most.
Moderation is the key....

If we don't fight the bad current, we grow old with very bad habits and attitudes, we become irresponsible people,causing a lot of anguish and sufferings in the lives of people around us...

A very wise old man told me" The excesses of a youth is like a promissory note paid with very high interest at Old age"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
karli4nia:

I like to appreciate the constructive parts of your posts. It serves as red flag to me, hence I need to re-evaluate what I mostly spend my attention on in life.

Many things we do in life, are in the final analysis utterly frivolous and ego driven. An ego trip!!

Nairaland, evidently has its many benefits, however, it is addictive. It feels like there is more life vibrating on here than on the outside real world.
But, it is delusional, it's an easy -to -fall- into trap.
A very dangerous snare for the soul, a major source of all forms of mental, psychological and personality disorders mostly for those who don't know how to use this forum with a lot of consciousness.

It may be hard, but we must learn to apply the law of equilibrium in all we do. We must know when to slow down and stop.

It's taking me much sacrifice to break free from the addictiveness of NL and WhatsApp. But, I am seeing the benefits already gradually.

Many bad psychological habits, etc.
We all lie to ourselves, we are all going nuts, we ignore the things that matter most.
Moderation is the key....

If we don't fight the bad current, we grow old with very bad habits and attitudes, we become irresponsible people,causing a lot of anguish and sufferings in the lives of people around us...

A very wise old man told me" The excesses of a youth is like a promissory note paid with very high interest at Old age"

Thank you so much, this was so good to read.
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:

Oh yeaaaaah!
Then I used to work nights and used NL to keep awake. For the past 5 years. . . . No addiction abeg! grin

Sleep is MOST important for my OLD age, and I have a lot of catching up to do. Makes me younger, less psychotic and more focused on the MOST important things NL or social media can NEVER offer. kiss
Old age cheesy

See this sexy mama want to age herself by force grin
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
pocohantas:
Welcome back Donstan18.

I knew you can’t be away for so long. grin

Welcome back brother...

You mean the individual behind this weird moniker is donstan18?
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by pocohantas(f): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Plead:

Lol. Isn’t that obvious? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Plead:

If you believe her,you'll believe anything. And what is weird about my moniker? angry
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by DonroxyII: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Nairaland is a social media platform that is irreplaceable.

° Daily national news at your fingertip

° Continuity of numerous educative threads across various section (Tbills thread, Chelsea fan thread, Xiaomi discussion thread)

° Unending banters between users (this thread is a testament)

° The Anonymity it provides which translates to bluntness of posters.

And many more. . . grin

Nairaland is my most visited social media platform and I am not ashamed of it. grin
I been here since 2007 with 5 deleted monikers ... once I think I've had enough ... I just delete my moniker and start all over ... Those I'm following never changed though .... I have been addicted for more than 20years !
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
Signs you're a jobless stalker, without self-confidence, and shamelessly seeking attention

• When you snoop deep through people's profile, looking for god-knows-what, then calculate how much time they spend online.

• When you create meaningless threads, mention people, and wait desperately for their reactions.

• When you keep mentioning monickers even when you're ignored.

• When your monicker is Romangalactic.
Wahala,lol.
This thread dey bring back memories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My New Marriage Is About To Crash / Taxi Driver Rapes Pregnant Woman / Help-my Relationship At Stake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.