Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Hi I Want To Know - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hi I Want To Know (826 Views)

Hi, I Am Emmanuel; The Owner Of Tradelify, Ask Me Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
does putting a music category make sense at all on a tech blog?

1 Like

Re: Hi I Want To Know by DeejayTeeno(m): 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
does putting a music category make sense at all on a tech blog?

Yhuuuup.. helps to drive traffic traffic to your blog wink

1 Like

Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
DeejayTeeno:

thanks ...wouldnt it disturb my users expirence as in tech and music the same blog and domain

1 Like

Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
DeejayTeeno:

Nna I just bought domain to my website myglamorlook.com, I am trying to install elementor on it (I'm using WordPress.org) so I can build it, but it keeps loading on my computer screen and next thing I see is "can't reach this page". I don't know what else to do honestly... How can I break this barrier?

1 Like

Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

Nna I just bought domain to my website myglamorlook.com, I am trying to install elementor on it (I'm using WordPress.org) so I can build it, but it keeps loading on my computer screen and next thing I see is "can't reach this page". I don't know what else to do honestly... How can I break this barrier?
did you buy a host or wordpress is your host?
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
did you buy a host or wordpress is your host?

I bought the domain name on namecheap for $9 for one year. And I hosted it on Easy WordPress (a plan on namecheap for $0.01 a month which I'm regretting and wanna switch to shared plan which cost $3 a month) to kick start my business... But they are on hold because I can't install elementor page builder a plugin I downloaded.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

I bought the domain name on namecheap for $9 for one year. And I hosted it on Easy WordPress (a plan on namecheap for $0.01 a month which I'm regretting and wanna switch to shared plan which cost $3 a month) to kick start my business... But they are on hold because I can't install elementor page builder a plugin I downloaded.
can i see screen shots
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
can i see screen shots

Can you be specific with what you wanna see, the elementor not installing or the domain bought?
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

Can you be specific with what you wanna see, the elementor not installing or the domain bought?
i wanted to see the error try changing you default theme to an new one thats not from world press if it works then the plugin is the problem but if you cant change theme then get a host....its always advisable to get a host so that you will be in full control of your site and its content
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
i wanted to see the error try changing you default theme to an new one thats not from world press if it works then the plugin is the problem but if you cant change theme then get a host....its always advisable to get a host so that you will be in full control of your site and its content

Oh OK.. Thank you. I will buy a host. But is it possible to get a host outside the company that provided me with domain?

Also, which other theme do you suggest that allows drag and drop page building?
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

Oh OK.. Thank you. I will buy a host. But is it possible to get a host outside the company that provided me with domain?

Also, which other theme do you suggest that allows drag and drop page building?
here https://www.truehost.com.ng/cloud/?aff=123 you can get 30gb disk space and unlimited email and bandwidth for 300naira every month or 3700 a yr thats where i hosted and bought my domain .... For the theme aspect all themes i used on wp support drag and drop with astra and elementor....i forgot the theme am using i edicted somepart of it
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
here https://www.truehost.com.ng/cloud/?aff=123 you can get 30gb disk space and unlimited email and bandwidth for 300naira every month or 3700 a yr thats where i hosted and bought my domain .... For the theme aspect all themes i used on wp support drag and drop with astra and elementor....i forgot the theme am using i edicted somepart of it

Thank you. Can I port my domain I bought at namecheap?
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

Thank you. Can I port my domain I bought at namecheap?
yes they will charge you for that..... You can message them on that link i gave you they will be glad to help you do anything
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
yes they will charge you for that..... You can message them on that link i gave you they will be glad to help you do anything

I have messaged them, and they will charge me NGN2500 for the transfer and also for every year I want to renew. But the problem is, I have already bought a year which cost NGN3000 on namecheap. So paying another NGN2500 for domain is not friendly with my pocket.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

I have messaged them, and they will charge me NGN2500 for the transfer and also for every year I want to renew. But the problem is, I have already bought a year which cost NGN3000 on namecheap. So paying another NGN2500 for domain is not friendly with my pocket.

u dont need to transfer now you dont have much. its still possible to buy a host from them then link it to your name cheap domain name ....
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
u dont need to transfer now you dont have much. its still possible to buy a host from them then link it to your name cheap domain name ....

I just asked them now.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

I just asked them now.
what did dey say?
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
what did dey say?

They said it's possible. But it's a Nigerian site.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

They said it's possible. But it's a Nigerian site.
originally its owned in kenya they have different branches in the world and they operate in different coountry with different domain extension ie .com.ng .co.uk .gh and so on
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Veiniously:
originally its owned in kenya they have different branches in the world and they operate in different coountry with different domain extension ie .com.ng .co.uk .gh and so on

OK.. I will switch to them via hosting.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

OK.. I will switch to them via hosting.
no wahala
Re: Hi I Want To Know by RealLordZeus(m): 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Omar09:

no need transferring domain, just buy the host and point the domain to it.

I recommend hostmane.net for cheap and reliable host
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Maxxim: 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hey bro omar9, I just saw your post, I think I need to remind you that before purchasing the said hosting have you checked their review? And if they passed the review stage will you be able to get quick customer service support easily after you must've purchased the hosting let's say you have issues thereafter.
I used to go with bluehost hosting because its mostly recommend by wordpress and how easy it is to get quick support and I'll also advice you never to get the hosting same place you purchased the domain name.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maxxim:
Hey bro omar9, I just saw your post, I think I need to remind you that before purchasing the said hosting have you checked their review? And if they passed the review stage will you be able to get quick customer service support easily after you must've purchased the hosting let's say you have issues thereafter.
I used to go with bluehost hosting because its mostly recommend by wordpress and how easy it is to get quick support and I'll also advice you never to get the hosting same place you purchased the domain name.

OK thanks. I will consider blue host.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by DeejayTeeno(m): 12:20am On Jun 05, 2020
Veiniously:
thanks ...wouldnt it disturb my users expirence as in tech and music the same blog and domain

It's left to ur users to decide if it's a positive or negative.. If it's negative then they will choose one of them. But, I advised you add both cause I believe music would also spice up the blog.
Re: Hi I Want To Know by DeejayTeeno(m): 12:24am On Jun 05, 2020
Omar09:

Nna ur problem pass my own ooohhh shocked cry.. I'm not an expert in this your field ooohhh. I still dHey learn like u. grin

But, yOu could as well ask those website guys in here to put you through. cool
Re: Hi I Want To Know by DeejayTeeno(m): 12:32am On Jun 05, 2020
Omar09:

For instance follow thos link below and ask this guy verygist guy how he did his..

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=5904311

cool grin
Or ask any oda user here on NairaLanD.
Gimme feedback how you accomplish your challenge.

Thanks!
Re: Hi I Want To Know by Omar09(m): 2:18am On Jun 05, 2020
DeejayTeeno:

For instance follow thos link below and ask this guy verygist guy how he did his..

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=5904311

cool grin
Or ask any oda user here on NairaLanD.
Gimme feedback how you accomplish your challenge.

Thanks!

OK I will.

1 Like

Re: Hi I Want To Know by Veiniously: 5:56am On Jun 05, 2020
DeejayTeeno:

It's left to ur users to decide if it's a positive or negative.. If it's negative then they will choose one of them. But, I advised you add both cause I believe music would also spice up the blog.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Hi I Want To Know by DeejayTeeno(m): 10:18am On Jun 05, 2020
Yoooooo!
Re: Hi I Want To Know by DeejayTeeno(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Veiniously:
thanks

Your weLcOme BrO!

(1) (Reply)

Watch How I Push My New Blog To Google First Page Ranking. / Have Ur Own Website In 3mins! / Creating A Newsletter Subscription Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.