Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court (1133 Views)

10th NASS Leadership: Ranking Lawmakers, APC NWC To Meet Tinubu / Orji Kalu: APC Chairman, Adamu, NWC To Present Lawan To Buhari For Endorsement / Oshiomole: APC Can’t Bend Rules In Favour Of Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Penaldo: 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
All Progressives Congress (APC) has sued the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole and National Working Committee (NWC) of the party over a waiver granted to Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, a governorship aspirant of the party.

Ize-Iyamu, who dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in December 2019 to join the APC, was also listed as a defendant in the suit before an Edo State High Court.

Other plaintiffs in the suit marked: HAB/05/1/2 are; Unweni Nosa, Mathew Ogbebor, both from Ize-Iyamu’s Ugboko ward, and Benjamin Oghumu, the APC chairman in Orhionmwon, the local government of Ize-Iyamu.

During the preliminary hearing, the plaintiffs, through their counsel, Ken Mozia (SAN), sought an order “restraining Ize-Iyamu from parading himself as a governorship aspirant entitled to participate in the APC primary election billed for June 22.”

They prayed for a declaration that any waiver purportedly granted by Oshiomhole to Ize-Iyamu on May 21, 2020 or any other date was in gross violation of the provisions of the 1999 constitution and the 2014 amended constitution of APC.

“Having regard to provisions of Articles 31(2) and 31(3)(II) of the APC constitution, Oshiomhole cannot validly grant a waiver to the 3rd defendant (Ize-Iyamu) without the approval of the National Executive Committee of the party and without Ize-Iyamu formally applying for such waiver through his claimed ward, local government and State,” the plaintiffs submitted.

The judge, Justice E. O. Akhamiojie, however, directed that counsel to all the defendants have 10 days to respond to the originating summons while counsel to claimants has two days to respond to the processes of the defendants.

The matter was thereafter adjourned to June 17 for the adoption of all processes filed.

https://www.inform.ng/post/ize-iyamu-waiver-edo-apc-drags-oshiomole-apc-nwc-to-court

Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
I laugh at those who are so confident that Obaseki have lost this battle.

One thing is sure, Obaseki wouldn't have been grandstanding if he hadn't a game plan.

Like the Igbos will say, "if you see someone dancing alone on the road, just know that there's something beating the drums from the bush".

Mark this, the Judge will give temporary injunction on June 17, pending determination of the case; an injunction that will restrain Ize-Iyamu from participating in the primaries. An act that will serve as moral booster for the Obaseki camp.

Obaseki is not Ambode!

Edo is not Lagos where all touts pay homage to Bourdillon.

Las Las, APC will still lose Edo through illegality.

It's game on!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by chinjo(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Obaseki is a true representation of the resilient spirit of the Edo people. Edo people love you. Let people whose names are not on the Edo voters register continue to rant online. Even if Obaseki finally falls, certainly not without a fight. He is a man with kidney (Guts)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by CilicMarin: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Very Simple ...Iyamu Should Proceed To Federal High Court Abuja And File An Injunction Against Any Party Stoping Him From Contesting The Primaries.....

At The End Of The Day.... Everybody Will Await Appeal Court And Possibly Supreme Court Rulings...

But Obaseki Must Go!

1 Like

Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by fergie001: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Who remembers that PSquare Video.....Roll It.

The beginning I like it
Fireworks.... grin.....na the matter we wan settle after September o
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Futuragetty: 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Awol1:

One thing is sure, Obaseki wouldn't have been grandstanding if he hadn't a game plan.

Like the Igbos will say, "if you see someone dancing alone on the road, just know that there's something beating the drums from the bush".

Mark this, the Judge will give temporary injunction on June 17, pending determination of the case; an injunction that will restrain Ize-Iyamu from participating in the primaries. An act that will serve as moral booster for the Obaseki camp.

Obaseki is not Ambode!

It's game on!

Get me my popcorn
The gates of hell are falling down!
This is kitchen sink.

1 Like

Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Racoon(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
Confusion have set in.What kind of judicial anarchy does these progressives intend to create again in Edo State?

1 Like

Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Zendinho(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
Obaseki drag to court over certificate forgery....

Ize- Iyamu dragged to court over party's waiver....

Can you draw the dotted lines?
Are you seeing what am seeing?

Can PDP put their house in order and present a formidable candidate?

Only time shall tell.
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Georgry(m): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
cheesy

I love Obaseki so much, the majority of people supporting Oshiomhole on Nairaland are Yorubas, most of them have never been to Edo state before, I'm a Yoruba boy from Ondo state and I've been a resident of Edo state for 7 years so I know what's going on, you all APC miscreants should shut up, Obaseki will win this primary election and he has my vote in the general election....

PS no God father can succeed in Ondo state and even Tinubu will not try to impose any rubbish candidate here, go back and look at Ondo state's voting pattern and see how unpredictable we can be.
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Futuragetty: 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
I like Obaseki.
He doesn't know how to beg.
He begs and brags.
Well I am a commoner. It could be a way of life for royals.
He will run from pillar to post, then arrive the market square to
issue threats.
He is a rare breed. Who else combines seeking to sort with
seeking to mess up so effectively.
A crossbreed between intelligence and tactlessness.
But that doesn't capture it. There are brilliant and egotistical
people who aren't treacherous.
At least not treacherous enough to send thugs after their
benefactor; to caricature him everyday before the world.
But I like Obaseki.
He speaks like a Fashola.
But sometimes acts like a Sergeant Awuse.
All through Fashola's troubles with Tinubu he never discussed
Tinubu openly, let alone mock him. And people forget Fashola
faced an impeachment proceeding even before he was given
his second term ticket.
Yet I like Obaseki.
His eyes are on the throne.
But if he jumps too early he could land badly.
I like his palm oil plans.
But how does a man who has such a brain send trucks to
block a a road, to punish his party chairman?
I like him though.
He is a bundle of wonderful contradictions.
Just when we were expecting him to reveal that he gave
Oshiomole billions after becoming governor, he said he gave
Oshiomole money Oshiomole was poor in 2007.
I like him
But....
Was he an Uselu Agbero in his past life?
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
After booking space i just found out that the topic being discussed is none of my business.
I don't follow PDP or APC, evil parties bent on looting and loaning off Nigerians and their future generations.
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Futuragetty: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
Zendinho:
Obaseki drag to court over certificate forgery....

Ize- Iyamu dragged to court over party's waiver....

Can you draw the dotted lines?
Are you seeing what am seeing

Can PDP put their house in order and present a formidable candidate?

Only time shall tell.
A national working committee of a party can make some adjustments and allow waival in circumstances as this.

and They have done that.

Ize-iyamu is within his right to run for the governorship election.

Who even filed that originating process for Obaseki's gang citing the constitution?
Greater emphasis should be on the APC rules and guidelines. anyway, Hunger no go kill us naa, Lawyers too must chop.

seems I can't get my eyes off this Corrupt Party Rules and guidelines.

No sections of this APC rules have been faulted.

Obaseki just dey do initial gra-gra.

He should beg oshiomole.
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Futuragetty: 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
After booking space I just found out that the topic being discussed is none of my business.
I don't follow PDP or APC, evil parties bent on looting and loaning off Nigerians and their future generations.
You need to follow them oh.

As soon as you get in, (Like get political office)
You could break away with a few people and form a party that can face them head on in elections.

If you don't get involved, The offspring of those in power now, will grow to rule us again! Just imagine, Atiku pekin running for president. The young man dey Adamawa Assembly self.
so he will certainly be either adamawa governor or Senator.

while some of us where hustling here, He was abroad doing leadership courses. later en go come rule us!

Just negodi. Tufiakwa!

so it's means, In 20 years from now, You may still be ranting.
and I don't see how that helps you or anybody.

How about you get registered with a party in your state.

Get Involved! #NoSidonDeyLook
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by DammyLucy(f): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Oshiomole everytime. Nawa o
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Cyberterror: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
The last kicks of a dying horse!
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Futuragetty:

You need to follow them oh.

As soon as you get in, (Like get political office)
You could break away with a few people and form your own ffactions form a party that can face them head on in elections.

If you don't get involved, The offspring of those in power now, will grow to rule us again! Just imagine, Atiku pekin running for president. The young man dey Adamawa Assembly self.
so he will certainly be either adamawa governor or Senator.

while some of us where hustling here, He was abroad doing leadership courses. later en go come rule us!

Just negodi. Tufiakwa!

so it's means, In 20 years from now, You may still be ranting.
and I don't see how that helps you or anybody.

How about you go get registered with a party in your state.
Thanks for the advice...
I'll make a move!
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by tinsel: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Awol1:

Obaseki is not Ambode!

It's game on!
Do you know the reason Pius Odubu bought the party form?
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
tinsel:

Do you know the reason Pius Odubu bought the party form?

In case Ize-Iyamu is disqualified.

What else?

Every thinking being should know that.
Re: Ize-iyamu Waiver: Edo APC Drags Oshiomole, APC NWC To Court by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Futuragetty:

A national working committee of a party can make some adjustments and allow waival in circumstances as this.

and They have done that.

Ize-iyamu is within his right to run for the governorship election.

Who even filed that originating process for Obaseki's gang citing the constitution?
Greater emphasis should be on the APC rules and guidelines. anyway, Hunger no go kill us naa, Lawyers too must chop.

seems I can't get my eyes off this Corrupt Party Rules and guidelines.

No sections of this APC rules have been faulted.

Obaseki just dey do initial gra-gra.

He should beg oshiomole.

They weren't talking about Nigerian constitution Mr Lawyer. The plaintiffs are premising their case on the APC constitution of 2014 as amended.

Wherein application for waiver by Ize-Iyamu was supposed to be made through his ward executives of the party. Now, the question is, how did Ize-Iyamu bypass protocols and laid down procedures. That's an illegality.

Next time you read, mr lawyer

(1) (Reply)

The Press Release From APC National Working Committee / Dino Melaye Releases New Song To Mock Ibrahim Magu Suspended EFFCC Boss (video) / Oshiomhole Wins Polling Unit With Wide Margin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.