Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker (995 Views)

Manchester United To Sign RB Salzburg Striker Benjamin Sesko / Chelsea To Sign RB Leipzig Striker Timo Werner Next Week / Bayern Munich Agree Deal To Sign Barca's Coutinho On Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by vanida6: 6:27am On Jun 05, 2020
Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle to sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig.
The Germany international striker has a €55m (£49.4m) release clause which expires on Monday June 15.Chelsea have offered a £200,000-a-week contract to Werner, who also interested Liverpool and Manchester United.
He had publicly indicated his preference to move to Premier League leaders Liverpoolbut they were unwilling to pay the release clause in the current climate.That allowed Chelsea to move in for their number one forward target, and the 24-year-old is happy to play for Frank Lampard's side. His priority has always been to sign for a Champions League club where he can play regularly.
Werner is set to join Hakim Ziyech, who is joining from Ajax for £33m on July 1, as new additions at Stamford Bridge this summer following their transfer ban being lifted by FIFA in December last year.
Chelsea were unable to sign players last year and opted not to bring in any acquisitions in January, instead focusing on their main targets this summer.
The club are also interested in bringing in a new left-back, with Leicester's Ben Chilwell their number one target."Werner's name has long been linked with Liverpool, but they were not the only Premier League club said to be monitoring him.
"It is hardly surprising that he is a player in demand. Over the course of the last four years with RB Leipzig, the 24-year-old has established himself as one of the most exciting young players in the Bundesliga.
"This season has been his best yet, with 31 goals scored in 40 games so far, taking his overall total for RB Leipzig to 92 in 154 appearances. For the German national side, he boasts a total of 11 goals in 29 games.
"His RB Leipzig tally for this season includes four goals in the Champions League, one of which came during Leipzig's 1-0 win at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in February."The majority of Werner's goals have come from the central striking position this season, but he is tactically flexible - RB Leipzig have used nine different formations in the Bundesliga this season - and he is also comfortable playing in wide positions, particularly when cutting inside from the left.
"Another factor in Werner's favour is his age. The forward has already amassed closed to 300 senior appearances since making his professional debut for Stuttgart in 2013, but he only turned 24 last month." https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12000636/timo-werner-chelsea-agree-deal-in-principle-to-sign-rb-leipzig-striker?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7664172141 cc lalasticlala,,,mynd44

1 Like

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by Humanoid01(m): 6:40am On Jun 05, 2020
Great addition to the squad. Next, Kai Havertz. Chilwell is overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by Alaganature(m): 6:42am On Jun 05, 2020
Nice one..hope with the new signing they will lift up a trophy...
Abeg help a brother this hunger is killing..
Access bank 0053442938
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by youngberry001(m): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Good news with this 2 players ziyech nd werner now i see hope for chelsea next season

1 Like

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by contigiency(m): 8:45am On Jun 05, 2020
I watched the guy's highlights, and I can say he is a good player. He has speed and his shooting accuracy is wonderful.
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by manuel4real(m): 8:57am On Jun 05, 2020
Kai havertz next. Chelsea to win the treble next season

1 Like

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by obonujoker(m): 9:20am On Jun 05, 2020
So dey will bench Tammy Abraham now or ehat angry?
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by Ustec: 10:15am On Jun 05, 2020
obonujoker:
So dey will bench Tammy Abraham now or ehat angry?
Tammy will still have more playing time, but you see that odoi, the guy go chop bench tire if e continue to refuse to get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by kenzysmith: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2020
tammy abraham be like buh i can do the job

1 Like

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by kenzysmith: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2020
Ustec:

Tammy will still have more playing time, but you see that odoi, the guy go chop bench tire if e continue to refuse to get sense.
my bro tammy will end up at palace or aston villa and england coach Won't ve a reason to call him all those his gra gra he his doing at chelsea Will end in tears. and we is village people we dance to his downfall

4 Likes

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by kenzysmith: 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
Alaganature:
Nice one..hope with the new signing they will lift up a trophy...

Abeg help a brother this hunger is killing..

Access bank
nor go hustle they here dey beg like woman

2 Likes

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by sunshineV(f): 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
Will he play this weekend? I no wan hear story o
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by jumper524(m): 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
sunshineV:
Will he play this weekend? I no wan hear story o
till next season.
He's still a Leipzig player.
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by Alaganature(m): 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
kenzysmith:
nor go hustle they here dey beg like woman

Boss you don't need to tackle me .. I believe say the fact say he better for you no mean say u no go face challenges someday...abeg no enter me like that ok..
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:19am On Jun 06, 2020
Welcome on board Tito.

The man on fireeeeee

BLUES FOR LIFE.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by JamisiEwoooo: 12:59am On Jun 06, 2020
[s]
post=90356239:
Welcome on board Tito.

The man on fireeeeee

BLUES FOR LIFE.
[/s]
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by SaintOpzy(m): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2020
lol, I told my friends the exact same thing...

manuel4real:
Kai havertz next. Chelsea to win the treble next season
Re: Timo Werner: Chelsea Agree Deal In Principle To Sign RB Leipzig Striker by joxxy01(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2020
Aye ooo, Nigerians don finally reason Tammy Abraham mata

(1) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Won The Premier League Player Of The Month Award / Join Our Telegram Channel For Free Betting Tips / Champions League Draw: Real Madrid To Face Liverpool, PSG To Play Bayern Munich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.