Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria (727 Views)

Israel Also Supported Nigeria Against Biafra / Canadian High Commissioner Supported Nigeria Ban On Twitter / Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Anazp: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2020
So what's the issue? France supported the Biafrans during the civil war and yet the Biafrans lost woefully. Biafrans keep saying Nigeria won the war simply because the British supported Nigeria. What a joke. Cowards

1 Like

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 05, 2020
Have u taken ur daily medicine this morning?

6 Likes

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by THUNDER4real(m): 8:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Anazp:
So what's the issue? France supported the Biafrans during the civil war and yet the Biafrans lost woefully. Biafrans keep saying Nigeria win the war because the British supported Nigeria. What a joke. Cowards

4 Likes

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by trutht828: 8:09am On Jun 05, 2020
BurntSoul:
Have u taken ur daily medicine this morning?

But what he said is true

1 Like

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Vyzz: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2020

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2020
trutht828:

But what he said is true
Gow do u mean by this assumption? Pls outline proofs

1 Like

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by helinues: 9:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Too early for this now
Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2020
BurntSoul:

Gow do u mean by this assumption? Pls outline proofs
see proof below

1 Like

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Blackking98:
see proof below
How did France aid Biafra war-wise? In form of weapons, intelligence, food or state otherwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2020
BurntSoul:

How did France aid Biafra war-wise? In form of weapons, intelligence, food or state otherwise
omo you'll ask Dem ojukwu and France that one. He wanted proof, I gave him proof. If u want to know anything you'll have to ask those who were there, me I wasn't there.
Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by AniOmaa: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2020
Blackking98:
see proof below
They asked you to provide a CREDIBLE academic source and you're giving us Wikipedia that even my 12 year old brother can easily edit?

Secondly, even if the list of those countries that supported Biafra is true which I doubt cause only 4 countries recognized Biafra (Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Zambia and Haiti), then those countries just gave Biafra *de facto* and unofficial diplomatic support/sympathies and nothing more. Biafra especially at the early stage of the conflict, only managed few mercenaries who were contracted for just few months... since Ojukwu lacked the funds to keep paying them, many of the mercenaries simply packed up and left. The only major foreign mercenaries that fought honorably with Biafra were Major Taffy Williams, Rolf Steiner and some Swedish pilot that helped us fly our minion transport relief carrier planes that were customized and fitted for war purposes.

France gave Biafra only MINIMAL military support, that's what younger generations of Nigerians due to lack of substantial history been taught in our school curriculums fail to understand. The little support Biafra from France came rather belatedly, sometime around late 1968...the recapture of Owerri from Federal hands among other towns that were recaptured came around the time when we got some supplies from France... Yet throughout the war, Biafra never amassed 1/10th of the armada of limitless war machines and supplies the Nigerian side had. The backbone of the Biafran resistance was was homemade weapons notably Ogbunigwe, land mines, anri-personnel foot cutters, bombs, grenades we even made thick armor plated vehicles/tanks that played significant roles in the war. I can't think of anything, just ONE thing that Nigerian used their brains to actually manufacture during the war...

3 Likes

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2020
AniOmaa:

They asked you to provide a CREDIBLE academic source and you're giving us Wikipedia that even my 12 year old brother can easily edit?

Secondly, even if the list of those countries that supported Biafra is true which I doubt cause only 4 countries recognized Biafra (Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Zambia and Haiti), then those countries just gave Biafra *de facto* and unofficial diplomatic support/sympathies and nothing more. Biafra especially at the early stage of the conflict, only managed few mercenaries who were contracted for just few months... since Ojukwu lacked the funds to keep paying them, many of the mercenaries simply packed up and left. The only major foreign mercenaries that fought honorably with Biafra were Major Taffy Williams, Rolf Steiner and some Swedish pilot that helped us fly our minion transport relief carrier planes that were customized and fitted for war purposes.

France gave Biafra only MINIMAL military support, that's what younger generations of Nigerians due to lack of substantial history been taught in our school curriculums fail to understand. The little support Biafra from France came rather belatedly, sometime around late 1968...the recapture of Owerri from Federal hands among other towns that were recaptured came around around that time when we some supplies from France... Yet throughout the war, Biafra never amassed 1/10th of the armada of limitless war machines and supplies the Nigerian side had.
because the source doesn't back your narrative you're already running it down. Mtchewww I stopped reading when you mentioned your brother so save yourself the energy. Adios

1 Like

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by AniOmaa: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2020
Blackking98:
because the source doesn't back your narrative you're already running it down. Mtchewww I stopped reading when you mentioned your brother so save yourself the energy. Adios
If you ever saw or sat in the four walls of a classroom, you would know that using Wikipedia to reference your academic sources or citations indicts the credibility of your IQ in itself. I can easily go on Wikipedia right now and edit Buhari's names to Muhammadu Buhari Chukwudi Kanu...

4 Likes

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Blackking98(m): 9:34am On Jun 05, 2020
AniOmaa:

If you ever saw or sat in the four walls of a classroom, you would know that using Wikipedia to reference your academic sources or citations indicts the credibility of your IQ in itself. I can easily go on Wikipedia right now and edit Buhari's names to Muhammadu Buhari Chukwudi Kanu...
that's your business not mine Adios.

1 Like

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by kingzizzy: 10:02am On Jun 05, 2020
Anazp:
So what's the issue? France supported the Biafrans during the civil war and yet the Biafrans lost woefully. Biafrans keep saying Nigeria won the war simply because the British supported Nigeria. What a joke. Cowards

Frances support for Biafra was taken support. Britain supplied Nigeria with Warships to blockade Biafra, arms and ammunition and even British military advisors. Russia supplied Nigeria with Jet fighters

The support of Biafra by the French was a drop in the Ocean compared the British support for Biafra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by ItooWorWor(m): 10:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Let peace reign please.
Lalasticlala Mynd44

Please remove this thread.
Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2020
Anazp:
France supported Biafra and Cameron that France controlled it's army was able to block biafran supplies ?

U know the reason we lost bakasi ?
Re: France Supported Biafra And Britain Supported Nigeria by Noneroone(m): 11:33am On Jun 05, 2020
Anazp:
French support was largely moral one. France really wanted Biafra independent but some issues made them to extremely limit their arms supplies. It is a known fact that if Biafra got 1/3 of the arms Nigeria got from just a single world power, Nigeria wouldn't exist today.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Osun PDP Unifies As Major Ogunbiyi Stakeholders Join Adeleke / Former Governor Of Oyo State Ajimobi Is Dead / Gov. Bello To Obaseki: Power Of Incumbency Won’t Help You - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.