Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? (1772 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2020
I just started driving recently and I realized sometimes I snap back to reality and wonder where my mind was. It’s like my mind wanders away from the driving for two to three secs and unto something else. But I still do fine on the road, no reckless driving.

Will I get over this or it’s normal? I might have to stop driving if this is peculiar to me. I hate when it happens.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by TUANKU(m): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2020
That's not normal and it's dangerous.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by godofuck231: 9:30am On Jun 05, 2020
poor focus, avoid driving

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by HarunaWest(m): 9:30am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
I just started driving recently and I realized sometimes I snap back to reality and wonder where my mind was. It’s like my mind wanders away from the driving for two to three secs and unto something else. But I still do fine on the road, no reckless driving.

Will I get over this or it’s normal? I might have to stop driving if this is peculiar to me. I hate when it happens.
This is the reason i don't drive. I am someone that thinks and imagines alot..So driving isnt for me.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2020
godofuck231:
poor focus, avoid driving
but will I get over it? Do I need time to get over it?
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 05, 2020
TUANKU:
That's not normal and it's dangerous.
but how does my unconscious mind do the driving and do it perfectly? I snap back to reality and wonder how I did well even while absent minded.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by TUANKU(m): 9:35am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
but how does my unconscious mind do the driving and do it perfectly? I snap back to reality and wonder how I did well even while absent minded.
3 seconds is enough time for a fatal accident to happen.
Talk to a medical personnel.
Do you take drugs? Just an honest question, because i experienced such during my sch days when i was taking synthetic drugs.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 05, 2020
HarunaWest:

This is the reason i don't drive. I am someone that thinks and imagines alot..So driving isnt for me.
you didn’t ask questions to know how to go about it? This is my first time driving, never knew I’ll be facing this.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 05, 2020
TUANKU:

3 seconds is enough time for a fatal accident to happen.
Talk to a medical personnel.
Do you take drugs? Just an honest question, because i experienced such during my sch days when i was taking synthetic drugs.
i smoke weed. I stopped for some days now to see if it’s the cause. I can’t tell yet coz weed takes time to clear completely from the system.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by HarunaWest(m): 9:47am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
you didn’t ask questions to know how to go about it? This is my first time driving, never knew I’ll be facing this.
This is no question to be asked about. I have been exposed to vehicles@ home since bout 16years back but no passion tonbe on the wheels.. Infact i will rather pilot an aircraft.. I knew i am someone that wouldnt concentrate so i didnt even bother to learn. Las las not every man will drive a car.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by godofuck231: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
but will I get over it? Do I need time to get over it?
you can train your brain to adjust with time it becomes perfect
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Virginnn(f): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2020
A driver once narrated to me, how after drinking "monkey tail, a k a mokite" in Warri, he didn't remember how he drove his bus from Warri to Lagos.
That he tried to recall anything that happened on the way he couldn't recall anything.
Sounds like fiction. But he was damn serious. That was the last time he took the stuff.
When driving, you need to keep the head clear of drugs and alcohol, even medicinal ones.
Experts recommend that you drink lots of water.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 05, 2020
HarunaWest:

This is no question to be asked about. I have been exposed to vehicles@ home since bout 16years back but no passion tonbe on the wheels.. Infact i will rather pilot an aircraft.. I knew i am someone that wouldnt concentrate so i didnt even bother to learn. Las las not every man will drive a car.
same here. I never bothered about cars till recently. Na to hire driver I Dey reason now. Big man things. Lol
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Virginnn:
A driver once narrated to me, how after drinking "monkey tail, a k a mokite" in Warri, he didn't remember how he drove his bus from Warri to Lagos.
That he tried to recall anything that happened on the way he couldn't recall anything.
Sounds like fiction. But he was damn serious. That was the last time he took the stuff.
When driving, you need to keep the head clear of drugs and alcohol, even medicinal ones.
Experts recommend that you drink lots of water.
exactly my plight. The unconscious mind takes over from the conscious mind and do the perfectly.

I started to recall the numerous times I engaged drivers in discussions and they seem to be lost and not even aware of what I'm talking with them. Most times I repeat what I said or I leave them to focus on the road. I think most drivers are guilty of this as well but I feel it's not normal at all.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2020
godofuck231:
you can train your brain to adjust with time it becomes perfect
okay. Thanks. Will work on myself.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by homeboy205: 10:35am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
i smoke weed. I stopped for some days now to see if it’s the cause. I can’t tell yet coz weed takes time to clear completely from the system.

Seriously my man,

Weed might not be for you. Good as you quit....

You’ve got to train your mind oo, driving require %100 focus all time. Erase all thinking at that moment
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by TUANKU(m): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
Synthetic weed i guess. I mean all these Arizona, Loud etc.
If you smoke synthetic weed then there's a possibility that's what is causing it.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 05, 2020
TUANKU:

Synthetic weed i guess. I mean all these Arizona, Loud etc.
If you smoke synthetic weed then there's a possibility that's what is causing it.
exactly. I do loud because it makes me smoke less. I didn’t know it could have such side effects. Thanks man.... I’ll do anything to enjoy this car. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by TUANKU(m): 11:33am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
exactly. I do loud because it makes me smoke less. I didn’t know it could have such side effects. Thanks man.... I’ll do anything to enjoy this car. grin
Just smoke good SK or Arizona.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by dynamic1: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
stop the drugs... also try to keep your brain busy.... music does it for me. always jam up to songs you can follow, not classical and jazz music o

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by SpaceAngel: 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Driving, drugs and absentmindedness, very bad combination. You may be involved in a fatal accident within 3 seconds out of reality.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Ayomarcel(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Just avoid driving for some time. Or try driving with someone beside to know if you truly in a trance.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by dicksonadams(m): 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:

Bro get a manual car. Trust me, you will be fully engage in the driving experience.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 06, 2020
TUANKU:

Just smoke good SK or Arizona.
thanks man. I think I’ll give up on weed. I can’t tell which is good sk or not. It’s best I avoid it. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 06, 2020
dicksonadams:

Bro get a manual car. Trust me, you will be fully engage in the driving experience.

okay. I’ll do this. Thanks
Ayomarcel:
Just avoid driving for some time. Or try driving with someone beside to know if you truly in a trance.
thanks. smiley
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 06, 2020
dynamic1:
stop the drugs... also try to keep your brain busy.... music does it for me. always jam up to songs you can follow, not classical and jazz music o
okay bro. Thanks. I’ll do this.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Lexusgs430: 9:51am On Jun 06, 2020
An accident waiting to happen......... Most likely caused through substance abuse.....
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by buygala(m): 10:47am On Jun 06, 2020
What is bothering me isn't Op and his kind putting their lives at risk...

It's the fact that innocent road users minding their business may also get hurt due to the op and his kind's absent mindedness sad

Imagine Op while in his usual trance running into a fully loaded passenger bus or pedestrian walkway....Many people will pay with their lives for his carelessness and negligence...It's op's kind that will suddenly swerve off their lane and run into oncoming traffic...

Op, let nobody deceive you...You need to be banned from driving for life and your driving licence withdrawn...You are a disaster waiting to happen...I just pray when it does, it happens to only you since you think your sub conscious drives quite well sad

Driving aside requiring maximum concentration and situational awareness, it also demands quite active reflexes to handle emeregency situations...once op mentally logs out behind the wheel, his concentration, situational awareness and reflexes fly out the window...at that point, it's only Insha Allah that's protecting him and other road users..

Me I am not bothered if during one of your trances, you run into a parked truck and die...If you don't value your life, what's my own? .... Just be responsible enough to consider other people smiley

Be a good citizen and quit driving any vehicle...It may be the only thing that will ensure you see your next birthday

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
It happens mostly when you are driving an Automatic transmission it's normal.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by naphunlimited(m): 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Its not normal. If you can't focus while driving, then stop driving.

Check out my signature for legit investment that pays 2.5% of your initial deposit.
Re: Why Do I Get Into Trance While Driving? Anyone Else? by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 08, 2020
buygala:
What is bothering me isn't Op and his kind putting their lives at risk...

It's the fact that innocent road users minding their business may also get hurt due to the op and his kind's absent mindedness sad

Imagine Op while in his usual trance running into a fully loaded passenger bus or pedestrian walkway....Many people will pay with their lives for his carelessness and negligence...It's op's kind that will suddenly swerve off their lane and run into oncoming traffic...

Op, let nobody deceive you...You need to be banned from driving for life and your driving licence withdrawn...You are a disaster waiting to happen...I just pray when it does, it happens to only you since you think your sub conscious drives quite well sad

Driving aside requiring maximum concentration and situational awareness, it also demands quite active reflexes to handle emeregency situations...once op mentally logs out behind the wheel, his concentration, situational awareness and reflexes fly out the window...at that point, it's only Insha Allah that's protecting him and other road users..

Me I am not bothered if during one of your trances, you run into a parked truck and die...If you don't value your life, what's my own? .... Just be responsible enough to consider other people smiley

Be a good citizen and quit driving any vehicle...It may be the only thing that will ensure you see your next birthday

lol. Did you see how others where matured and reasonable with their comment? For your info, this OP drove from Lagos to Benin and from Benin to Auchi three days ago. grin Come and ban me. Bad belle kee you there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil / Nissan Xterra VS Nissan Pathfinder (PHOTO) / Would You Buy This Celica For N420k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.