Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) (2511 Views)

Ukrainian Sisters Arrested For Twerking On The Graves Of Fallen Soldiers / E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation / Woman Too Ugly To Be Raped: Court In Italy Dismisses Rape Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by uche87(m): 11:08am On Jun 05, 2020
Two blood sisters have joined in the fight against rape and sexual harassment of women in Nigeria today - Friday.

Amarachi Ojiaku and her younger sister, Juliet Ojiaku, protested alone along the Okota area of the Oshodi/Isola LGA, Lagos State. After failing to convince a large number of friends to join the movement, the sisters clothed in black clothes to signify a period of mourning in the country held placards and stopped beside a major road to make a bold statement.

It would be recalled that the rape and the gruesome murder of a student of Microbiology at the University of Benin - Vera Uwaila Omozuwa, 22, has sparked critical conversations about the endangered nature of women. Similarly, one Ibadan-based Barakat Bello, 18, was also raped and killed by suspected armed robbers in her father's house.

Speaking on the sidelines of the protest, Amarachi, a budding journalist, urged the government to make concerted efforts in battling the scourge of rape and the sexual exploitation of women in Nigerian society.

"Rape is becoming too rampant in recent times. I have been bothered about this for long. I am glad that the case of Uwa has attracted both local and international attention. This is a watershed moment we need to take full advantage of to forestall more brutal incidents of rape. Women need to be protected and victims should be encouraged to speak up and seek justice"

When quizzed about the small size of her team, she attributed it to the reluctance of the vulnerable people to stand up to their oppressors. She concluded by saying her message has been passed and she wishes to be a part of larger efforts to fight rape and sexual harassment in Nigeria.

Source: Tori News

CC Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove Mynd44 Dominique MissyB3 Fynestboi

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Spiff20(m): 11:16am On Jun 05, 2020
The dark one sha

3 Likes

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Tunex252(m): 11:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Some bad niggars go still rape this two join

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Davash222(m): 11:19am On Jun 05, 2020
A girl's body is not a Toy.

Don't know why I find this funny. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by donbachi(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2020
Nigerians are to comfortable with all the evil happenings in nigeria..women are claiming they were raped on social media,but cannot join protests.to enable them voice out and save lives...shame on u all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by StubbornGENIUS: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2020
donbachi:
Nigerians are to comfortable with all the evil happenings in nigeria..women are claiming they were raped on social media,but cannot join protests.to enable them voice out and save lives...shame on u all.
Many of them are only strong online but are cowards with tilapia brain in real life.

9 Likes

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by XXLMANDIGO: 11:30am On Jun 05, 2020
Why can't they buy 100 naira Cardboard paper. Ladies and stinginess.

Anyway I like that thick one on the left. I want to tell her something Consentxually... kiss

4 Likes

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by johnkey: 11:31am On Jun 05, 2020
hmm family party on my mind #saynotorape
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by extol1(m): 11:32am On Jun 05, 2020
funny but true
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Smile4me01(m): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2020
This two girls should be careful only one family is not good for protest

1 Like

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by phelonrays: 11:36am On Jun 05, 2020
Spiff20:
The dark one sha

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Other women suppose join dem and bring cardboard na!
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Ningen(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
“Real men don't rape”

Well, who are those men raping women then?

Fake men or goats??

It’s not helpful to pretend rapists are subhuman. We should stop selling this idea please.
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by kratosonofzeus: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
Instead of organizing a protest they are all on Twitter using angry emoji, keyboard won't change anything..

1 Like

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by osamz007: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
WHERE ARE THE REST PEOPLE?

THEY'RE ALL ON TWITTER AND NAIRA LAND AND EVEN FACEBOOK MAKING AUDIO CHANTS!

COME OUT AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Taywon: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
kratosonofzeus:
Instead of organizing a protest they are all on Twitter using angry emoji, keyboard won't change anything..

Nigerians;Social Media War lords

No protest, no nothing.... Yet they kept complaining...
I remember when i led a protest in School...

Na 'who send u' end am
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Cousin9999: 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
White people are paying them to spread propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by Ijebulogic(m): 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
Tunex252:
Some bad niggars go still rape this two join

Weak mind, weak thoughts, weak statements...weak MAN.
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by kratosonofzeus: 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
Taywon:

Nigerians;Social Media War lords

No protest, no nothing.... Yet they kept complaining...
I remember when i led a protest in School...

Na 'who send u' end am
grin hahahahahaha
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by KaideeGee(m): 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
grin Dis one na advert no be protest be dis.
Re: Two Beautiful Sisters Protest Alone Against Rape In Lagos (photos) by stanech: 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
No means No!!! like really?

There is a difference between NO! and noooooooo, you are a very bad boy, stoooop it, grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Throwback Pictures Of Barack Obama That Got People Talking / President Trump's First Ride On Airforce One, Marine One(Photos). / "I May Run In 2024" Says President Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.