Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,650 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? (2809 Views)

Can You Solve This Math Question? / Engineering Students Of Ambrose Alli University Rock Arab Apparel For Graduation / Ten Photos Nigerian Students Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by Abso1uteZero(m): 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
I might have to burst out my textbook for this.
This calc no be wetin Dem dey carry for head.
BRB.

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Well, I understand but BIM is the future. The mostly used ones are autocad and they are not that much powerful when compared to Revit. In Revit, one can do almost all the stuffs AutoCAD can do..
And tekla is very good. Likewise scia... Really, the FG needs to update the educational curriculum of our system

PDSI:

grin grin you must be kidding right SCIA is not even widely used here... The awareness level on the use of BIM is even low especially in Civil Engineering... I just concluded a research topic "BIM, A necessity for the 21st Century Civil Engineer in Nigeria" and the index of the research showed that the awareness level is currently set at 29.4%... So you see Just set a challenge on widely used software's here...
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by paul100(m): 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
labas370:
If you have done strength of materials in university, then i think you can try it solve it but this is Civil students stuff...

No problem
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yeah.. try involve your textbook.. but later, you will discover that it's actually simple..
just to follow normal required steps.

Abso1uteZero:
I might have to burst out my textbook for this.
This calc no be wetin Dem dey carry for head.
BRB.
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
Try it.

paul100:

No problem
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Page 1

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Page 2 and 3

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Page 4 and 5
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Page 4

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
Page 5

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
All of which are for question 1.
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
angry angry angry
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by PDSI(m): 1:11am On Jun 07, 2020
Good.
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 5:21am On Jun 07, 2020
Waooooh.. you tried.. I will check it through.... Sorry, I was busy later yesterday and didn't check this topic...

And try also the second part.

KunleyY19:
angry angry angry
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 7:39am On Jun 07, 2020
KunleyY19 re-calculate.. i think you mixed the fcd up with that of question 2.
To find Fcd for the qus (1), C30/37 =
Fcd = (30/1.5) = 20MPa
Fyd = (B500/1.15) = 435MPa

Also, for your equilibrium, re-calculate it
For example, you wrote this
Fc 1 0.2Fcdbwd =267kN,
but when i substituted Fcdbwd with their values, its different answer i'm getting. Try substitute their values.
Same with Fc2

I'm proud of you. You worked till the end. re-calculate everything till the end again. i have a bonus price for you for attempting it till the end.
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2020
labas370:
KunleyY19 re-calculate.. i think you mixed the fcd up with that of question 2.
To find Fcd for the qus (1), C30/37 =
Fcd = (30/1.5) = 20MPa
Fyd = (B500/1.15) = 435MPa

Also, for your equilibrium, re-calculate it
For example, you wrote this
Fc 1 0.2Fcdbwd =267kN,
but when i substituted Fcdbwd with their values, its different answer i'm getting. Try substitute their values.
Same with Fc2

I'm proud of you. You worked till the end. re-calculate everything till the end again. i have a bonus price for you for attempting it till the end.

Okay we will try it again... That's why we were asking for the Fcu and Fy we used 15 and 435...
The Other question the issue we are facing with number 2 is how we can get the Beff because it's an isolated T-beam and the bending moment envelope is not favourable as the contraflexure points are hard to come by of which we could have taking it as Lo.
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 11:14am On Jun 07, 2020
ok. i will be waiting

KunleyY19:

Okay we will try it again... That's why we were asking for the Fcu and Fy we used 15 and 435...
The Other question the issue we are facing with number 2 is how we can get the Beff because it's an isolated T-beam and the bending moment envelope is not favourable as the contraflexure points are hard to come by of which we could have taking it as Lo.
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2020
Maybe you can post the picture of your qus2. it will help me understand what you are asking.

In this qus2, the major problem is to solve for x.
if you can solve for x, the rest will be easier for you.

TIP:
Mrd = (Fs*d) - (Fc1*a1) -(Fc2*a2)
a1 = hf/2

find a1; a2; Fc1; Fc2, Fc,
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
We have resolved the first one using appropriate fcu...
We are still working on the second. Hopefully we get it.

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
1st

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
3rd and 4th and 5th

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hopefully we will get the second one before 10. grin
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good. I hope so.
I will check this soon.

KunleyY19:
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by Loris576(m): 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
labas370:
This is my third Topic.

It's about T-beam Reinforcement.

And as part of supporting my fellow engineering students, that are at home due to COVID-19, I will try to make us busy while earning little money.

The price for the question in blue ink is €15 while the price for the question in black ink is €10.

I have included the answers of the black ink question.

what I need from you are the steps.

Only the first 2 people to get the answers correctly before tomorrow Sunday, 10:00pm Nigerian time will get the price.

NOTE: The Shear force and bending moment diagrams are not needed. You can skip it. Only the Bending moment calculation you can use because of the M max.
I have extended the deadline.
1st image question @op

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by KunleyY19(m): 9:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
Question 2

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Waooh, you tried, but unfortunately, you didn't substitute the formula with their values. So maybe next time, you can try again.

Loris576:

1st image question @op
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
You are the winner for this fun game. i will be giving you your bonus price for dedicating your time and effort. There are some mistakes with your works but you corrected some of them. only the 1st question you solved is ok. the second one is wrong.

Kindly post your btc receiver's address to receive your price.

KunleyY19:
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by Loris576(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
labas370:
Waooh, you tried, but unfortunately, you didn't substitute the formula with their values. So maybe next time, you can try again.

Okay sir..won't i be give a token ?

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
nope.. maybe next time.. the BM and shear force calculations were not needed that much.
Doing those long calculations on Shear forces and Bending moment are not regarded much. Try to find a shortcut. Maybe using EMA: to find VB and EMB to find VA.
then go straight to drawing of the shear diagram. Shear force diagram needs only the forces applied, VA and VB. From the shear force diagram, you can draw the BM diagram.
Instead of spending 10mins solving the V and M calculations, you only spend 3 mins.

Loris576:

Okay sir..won't i be give a token ?
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by Loris576(m): 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
labas370:
nope.. maybe next time.. the BM and shear force calculations were not needed that much.
Doing those long calculations on Shear forces and Bending moment are not regarded much. Try to finding a shortcut. Maybe using EMA: to find VB and EMA to find VA.
then go straight to drawing of the shear diagram. Shear force diagram needs only the forces applied, VA and VB. From the shear force diagram, you can draw the BM diagram.
Instead of spending 10mins solving the V and M calculations, you only spend 3 mins.

okay..lemme start weeping
Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by labas370(f): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
lol, next time, you might win.. really

Loris576:
okay..lemme start weeping

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Students, Can You Solve This? by PDSI(m): 1:11am On Jun 08, 2020
Wow!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Were The Eagles Not Excited In This Pix? / To All Candidates Dat Choose Lautech As Second Choice! / University Of Lagos Change Of Course Form 2012/2013 Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.