Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. (1267 Views)

Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism / FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by NGpatriot: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
Midtown Global Market terminates Holy Land lease over employee's social media posts

MINNEAPOLIS — Holy Land Grocery, Butcher Shop and Deli has been evicted from the Midtown Global Market after racist social media posts from the CEO's daughter resurfaced.

Holy Land CEO, Majdi Wadi, explained in a Facebook post that he had learned on Thursday that a staffer had "posted racial slurs onto social media prior to beginning employment with us."

He went on to identify that employee as his own daughter.

"We were not aware of these posts. As a business that was formed by immigrants, we do not tolerate this type of behavior because it is completely against our beliefs and faith," Wadi's statement said. "Although she was a teenager when she made this mistake, my daughters employment with the company has been terminated effective immediately."

Just a few hours later, Midtown Global Market announced that it would be "exercising its rights as landlord to immediately close the Holy Land Grocery, Butcher Shop & Deli and terminate their lease." In a statement, they added the comments on the social media posts are in "direct opposition to the reason Midtown Global Market was created and opened in 2006: to be a shared community space and cultural center that celebrates the diversity of its business owners, guests and visitors. In no way does Midtown Global Market tolerate any words, actions, or activity that do not support our global community."

The eviction from the Midtown Global Market does not impact Holy Land's flagship location on Central Avenue in northeast Minneapolis.

The Holy Land CEO added that he doesn't believe the social media posts reflects who his daughter is "as a person now, as she has been involved in bettering herself and her community by donating her time and energy to advocate for all people of color."

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/midtown-global-market-terminates-holy-land-lease-over-employees-social-media-posts/89-08d26823-0d69-4526-8d98-02e37ec2d424?fbclid=IwAR3mU2lFkh6uECIMMPqPX66T1vhqCpHFXzKQJNi6no__ePVFWCZOPuualuA

Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by NGpatriot: 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Apart from the heartbreaking, disgusting and odious acts and revelations about his daughter, he lost his business because the management company housing his business terminated his lease, all because of his own racist daughter.

Now, the employees are out of job and his business that I'm very sure he labored so hard to build is all gone on top of his own battered image and the father of a known racist.

Racism is evil, it's anti-social, it destroys and the world is obviously tired and sick of racists and their destructive behavior.
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by helinues: 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
embarassed
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by FarahAideed: 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
NGpatriot:
Apart from the heartbreaking, disgusting and odious acts and revelations about his daughter, he lost his business because the management company housing his business terminated his lease, all because of his own racist daughter.

Now, the employees are out of job and his business that I'm very sure he labored so hard to build is all gone on top of his own battered image and the father of a known racist.

Racism is evil, it's anti-social, it destroys and the world is obviously tired and sick of racists and their destructive behavior.

Says a renowned Tribalist grin God is indeed Merciful
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by Binikingdowm: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
You see how AdOS made themselves to be respectful in America??.

If only nigerians can build their country like this
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by Iamgrey5(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:

You are also a tribalist and probably also a religious bigot as well.

I am just saying!

2 Likes

Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by FarahAideed: 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are also tribalist but also self hating one as you prefer to identify with white nationalist and probably also a religious bigot too.

I am saying!

Non of the above please ...I hate tribalism with passion and that's why I fight it everywhere I see it ..I love being a Christian but I am not a religious Bigot
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by Ningen(m): 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shít. Can we say he failed as a father?
Afterall, racism begins at homes.

Sha, thunder fire any tribalist and any religious bigot that'll jump and masturbate on this thread.
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by Iamgrey5(m): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:

Non of the above please ...I hate tribalism with passion and that's why I fight it everywhere I see it ..I love being a Christian but I am not a religious Bigot
Yes, you just happen to support ipob which is more of ethnic supremacist group.

You take all your conspiracies about America straight from White supremacist websites to support Donald Trump and call everyone that opposes you a Muslim terrorist with an Islamic agenda.

Am I right!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
NGpatriot:

How I wish we can open Kanu head and pour these words inside his head

2 Likes

Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by NGpatriot: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:

You are still mad and upset because I point out your racist, bigoted and tribal rants..

Guilty conscience loser.
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by BlowYourMind: 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
Racism shouldn't be treated with kid gloves, it should be condemned with all seriousness
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by NGpatriot: 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Yes, you just happen to support ipob which is more of ethnic supremacist group.

You take all your conspiracies about America straight from White supremacist websites to support Donald Trump and call everyone that opposes you a Muslim terrorist with an Islamic agenda.

Am I right!

God Bless You.

1 Like

Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by NGpatriot: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:

FarahAideed:

So he told that old bitter council flat fagggot the truth and now that means he has poverty mentality ? Is wealth and money not the only thing you Nigerians have the ability to bend to ? Is it not because of money that you support an certified inept leader like Buhari all day even though you know he is not the best for this country ? Is that not the real poverty mentality ?

That was another one off your odious and disgusting bigoted rants.

You are a sad and pathetic bigot, the world is protesting and demonstrating against people like you. You should not be a member of any sane society.
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by mytime24(f): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Some1 shld call bubu to come read grin
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by FarahAideed: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
NGpatriot:

That was another one off your odious and disgusting bigoted rants.

You are a sad and pathetic bigot, the world is protesting and demonstrating against people like you. You should not be a member of any sane society.

Come on since when did the word gay mean Bigotry, it's an identity for God's sake ...
Re: CEO Father Sacked His Own Daughter For Racism. by Auladimeji(m): 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:

Shut up ,you and that stupid moniker calls "Righteous"

(1) (Reply)

Fabricated Oven, Gas/ Firewood Steam Tube Oven / How Do I Open An Account For A 16 Years Old? / Article Writing Tutorial For Beginners | Confirmed $100 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.