Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Breastfeeding Mothers, How Did You Increase Your Milk Supply? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breastfeeding Mothers, How Did You Increase Your Milk Supply? (1321 Views)

13 Best Proven Healthy Foods For Breastfeeding Mothers / Diet For Breastfeeding Mothers / (for Nursing Mothers)how To Get Rid Of Baby Rashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breastfeeding Mothers, How Did You Increase Your Milk Supply? by nanyablogs: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Learn from my experience, how you can increase your breast milk supply to meet your baby’s demand and make sure she is well fed.

And yes, you can actually increase your breast milk supply in one day! Read to the end, there is a special gift waiting for you!

1. Rest, please!

I know everyone and their mother says this, especially to you as a first-time mum, but It goes without saying that stress was a major reason why my milk supply was low in the first place.

I was tired, stressed, and still went on trying to do everything myself!

Please rest whenever you can, demand help with the baby if it’s not being offered, delegate, and learn to overlook when the house is untidy lol!

Your body needs a break to produce sustenance for your little one!

You may want to watch:

2. Offer both sides

This is a no brainer for me, I realized that by offering my little one both sides during each feed, they were both forced to produce more milk and in large quantities too!

3. Eat and Hydrate

Seriously drink water and eat regularly like your life depends on it!

Don’t worry about the extra pounds right now! Believe me when I say breastfeeding will take care of it for the most part.

I haven’t been as thirsty or hungry in my life like I am when breastfeeding.

In fact, I can’t sit down to breastfeed without having a very large bottle of water beside me for constant hydration.

My trick is to drink before and immediately after breastfeeding to ensure I help boost my milk supply.

I could tell a major difference in the consistency of my milk when I was well fed and hydrated.

Read Also: Healthy Snacks for Breastfeeding Mum’s

4. Increase the demand

I Basically forced my body to produce more milk by nursing very frequently and on-demand, pumping 3 times or at least twice a day, every day.

I also nursed through the night and by morning I woke up with engorged boobs that I quickly pumped.

It’s just a natural reaction when the demand for milk is high, your body is forced to produce more.

Read Also: How to treat sore nipples

5. Eat lactation cookies and snacks lactation-Cookies

This got me really excited because “cookies!”

I’m big on snacking so best believe I went crazy!

I found out that oatmeal, granola, and lactation cookies worked really well for me so naturally. This would increase your breast milk supply in one day and in a healthy way too!

I ate a lot of them like it was going out of style lol!

I made an ebook out of my homemade lactation cookies recipe as a little treat for you. Click the link below and get access to download it.

Download Homemade Lactation recipe eBook free!

6. Palm Wine

This is a very African remedy that works like magic, When I say magic, I mean not just increasing your breast milk supply in a day, but rather in a couple of hours.

I was offered very fresh palm wine some days after my milk came in slowly. Precisely on Christmas Day in 2018.

I was back home from the hospital after staying there longer than I expected I would stay, because of complications.

In a few hours, I was completely engorged. Yep! that’s how effective it is!

I can say from experience that this tends to boost your milk supply almost immediately.

You do not have to do it for days to see a definite result.

Please note that the palm wine should not be fermented, as that would mean it contains alcohol.

Alcohol isn’t good for breastfeeding or pregnant mothers, as whatever it is you take gets to your baby as well.

Now over to you! Share what you’ve tried to help you increase your breast milk supply and what has worked for you so far!

Add your comments below!

Do take care and keep nourishing yourself.

Source
Re: Breastfeeding Mothers, How Did You Increase Your Milk Supply? by nanyablogs: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Let's hear you, How Did you Increase your milk supply?
Re: Breastfeeding Mothers, How Did You Increase Your Milk Supply? by Lonewolf98: 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
Check my signature and help me please...any amount please
Re: Breastfeeding Mothers, How Did You Increase Your Milk Supply? by ojun50(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lonewolf98:
Check my signature and help me please...any amount please
That is how you increase ur breast supply

(1) (Reply)

Industrial Court Orders Resident Doctors To Resume Work Immediately. / Heartbroken / White Hairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.