Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History (495 Views)

See Photos From Snookerathon 100 Hours: Longest Snooker Marathon (SINGLES) / Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos / FIFA And CAF Investigating Nigeria-zambia Match In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by SenorFax(m): 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Tennis, like many other sports is not time bound. In order to win, you need to win a specified number of sets irrespective of the time. Most matches hover around the 2-3 hour mark. Some matches rarely stretch to 4 hours or beyond. One can only imagine the physical and mental stress the players go through in these kind of marathon matches. More often than not, these matches become less about shot-making and skills, and more about the players’ durability. The one who emerges victorious pushes himself a little harder. Such matches are truly inspirational, especially for young and aspiring tennis players. It gives them the motivation to excel and work harder, never knowing what might be enough.

John Isner def. Nicolas Mahut, Wimbledon 2010 (11h 5m)
This unusual first round match-up in Wimbledon has gone down as the longest tennis matches ever in the history of the game. This epic clash has been immortalized at Wimbledon itself, with a plaque commemorating the three-day struggle.
It was the perfect combination. Isner, with his large, lumbering serve and Mahut, with his quick return game, making them polar opposites to each other. One’s weakness was the other’s strength.

After lasting two days, everybody stopped to see when, and if, the match would ever end. After three days’ worth of Grand Slam tennis, Isner collapsed on the ground, all energy drained out from his body. He had just won the longest tennis match of all time, 70-68, in the fifth set. Even though the scoreboard showed Isner as the winner, it would be unfair to say that Mahut lost in this superhuman match, which has certainly pushed the boundaries of physical stamina and grit.

Re: 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by Ugaboy: 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
The G.O.A.T
Re: 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by Freestainworld(m): 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
And i am here bragging how good I am in tennis
Re: 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by Vyzz: 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
I can still beat them
Re: 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by NaijaDonCast(m): 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
Vyzz:
I can still beat them
bros they are not talking about table tennis
Re: 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by Vyzz: 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
bros they are not talking about table tennis

I know bro

That's why I said I can beat them,

Like fighting and beating them and the will cry because I am something else.

A war
Re: 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by NaijaDonCast(m): 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Vyzz:

I know bro

That's why I said I can beat them,

Like fighting and beating them and the will cry because I am something else.

A war
who you Don hear say play lawn tennis go reach junior ATP level for naija talkless of them Novak Djokovic level
Re: 11 Hours- Longest Tennis Match In The History by paulolee(m): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2020
wow...thought it would be between novak djokovic and nadal

(1) (Reply)

He Scored 247 Goals In 754 Games Over A 17-year Playing Career / Peter Crouch Lists Premier League Title Challengers For Next Season / Paul Pogba At It Again, Rocking 'GBESE' And 'WIZKID' With Bailly,ighalo At Man U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.