Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos (3687 Views)

Adeherself Engaged To Cute Abiola (Photos) / Face Of Woman Behind Instablog - Naira Marley Reacts / Diane Yashim's Outfit To Mercy Johnson's 'The Legend Of Inikpi' Premiere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
The late Alhaja Chief (Mrs.) Simbiat Atinuke Abiola was born into the wealthy family of Rafiu Isola Soaga and Rabiatu Soaga of the prominent Soaga family in Gbagura, Abeokuta, Ogun State in 1938. Both Simbi and Moshood met at the Arabic Quranic school as secondary school youngsters in 1954 and fell in love. MKO Abiola on his own was from a thoroughly poor background and by the time her family got to know about the relationship, they insisted she could not marry someone of such a lowly and unimpressive status as MKO Abiola. However, she insisted that she had made her choice and no one would change it.
Like every other woman on the surface of the planet, the late Simbiat had her own fiery streak of jealousy. Thus, she did not find it really funny or particularly amusing when MKO made moves to marry a young lady named Miss Kudirat Olayinka Adeyemi (later Alhaja Kudirat Abiola).

The late Alhaja Simbiat was fully involved in her husband’s businesses and played a very large role in the growth of Abiola’s business empire. She was the Vice President of Concord Group of newspapers, where she saw to the setting up and maintenance of the publications and later, other ventures like the Wonder Bakery. One of a kind in Nigeria, the Wonder Baking Company opened in 1980 in Lagos and by 1981, it had employed over 140 people. Marketing under the brand name of Mother’s Pride, they made use of the same Wonder Bread recipe used in the United States and the United Kingdom. The factory gulped a sum of N2.5 million (value as at that time). (The Advance of African Capital: The Growth of Nigerian Private Enterprise by Tom G. Forrest)

During her lifetime, she lived with Abiola’s three other wives in the same compound at the Moshood Abiola Crescent, off Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos and she was described as not only being very warm and accommodating, she did not set out to bully anyone

On the 10th of November, 1992, tragedy struck in faraway London but the news vibrated in Nigeria. After a bitter fight with cancer, Alhaja Simbiat Atinuke Abiola passed away in a British hospital. While she was on the deathbed and in pains from the cancer she battled so hard, Simbiat Abiola’s generosity still shone. She was watching the television and when she came to see the devastation and havoc wreaked upon the Egyptian capital of Cairo by an earthquake, she was touched. She was so moved that from her sick bed, she pledged the sum of $100,000 in donation to rebuild a school for young children which was destroyed by the earthquake.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by Vyzz: 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
cheesy
Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by dawnomike(m): 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
She ended it all with peace in her heart for humanity

1 Like

Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by yuswrld20(m): 12:03am On Jun 06, 2020
heart of gold

1 Like

Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by neutralmind: 1:04am On Jun 06, 2020
Front page material
Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by XXLMANDIGO: 7:47am On Jun 06, 2020
The Great ,Industrious bedrock of the M.K.O Dynasty.

Continue to rest.

2 Likes

Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by aycorporat(m): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2020
My wife sang her praises just yesterday (I mean the Elpee Alhaja Salawa Abeni dedicated to her) and I was moved
I remember then as I just finished primary school when King Sunny Ade also sang her praise after her death.
These are the kinds of heroines we should celebrate and bring their good works to the limelight

Atinuke Simbiat, Aya Bashorun Abiola, Otun Iyalode gbogbo Egba, Mama Kola, Mama Ayodeji
Omo won labe Olumo, Egba ti ngba ni nigba isoro, Egba ti ngba ni nigba iponju
Rest in peace.

6 Likes

Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by sacajawea: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2020
aycorporat:
My wife sang her praises just yesterday (I mean the Elpee Alhaja Salawa Abeni dedicated to her) and I was moved
I remember then as I just finished primary school when King Sunny Ade also sang her praise after her death.
These are the kinds of heroines we should celebrate and bring their good works to the limelight

Atinuke Simbiat, Aya Bashorun Abiola, Otun Iyalode gbogbo Egba, Mama Kola, Mama Ayodeji
Omo won labe Olumo, Egba ti ngba ni nigba isoro, Egba ti ngba ni nigba iponju
Rest in peace.
Shut the FVck up!
Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by aycorporat(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2020
sacajawea:

Shut the FVck up!

Why the madness sir? I hope you are not traumatized by the mere mention of her name?

4 Likes

Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by sacajawea: 10:21am On Jun 06, 2020
aycorporat:

Why the madness sir? I hope you are not traumatized by the mere mention of her name?
Abiola family was a Family of Theives!
Stop making her look like one Lovely person.
What they donated is chicken Change out of the billions they had
Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by aycorporat(m): 11:00am On Jun 06, 2020
sacajawea:

Abiola family was a Family of Theives!
Stop making her look like one Lovely person.
What they donated is chicken Change out of the billions they had

Nice one sir,
Can you come forward with evidences of what they stole either from you or your lineage or the government?
If what you concoct is on mere heresay, then forever SHUT UP!

1 Like

Re: The Woman Behind The Legend - Simbiat Abiola Photos by sacajawea: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2020
aycorporat:

Nice one sir,
Can you come forward with evidences of what they stole either from you or your lineage or the government?
If what you concoct is on mere heresay, then forever SHUT UP!
You are very Ignorant

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Azonto Star Tiffany Exposed [warning Uncensored Footage] / LOL! They Look Alike? Checkout Olamide's Son As He Wishes Him Hapi Childrens Day / Hot! Meet Maria Sharapova's Bulgarian Tennis Player Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.