Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts (409 Views)

Real Madrid Are LA Liga Champions / Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far / Highest Goalscorers In La Liga So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts by folarr(m): 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Serbia winger Aleksandar Katai has left LA Galaxy by mutual consent after his wife posted "racist and violent" messages on social media.

Katai's wife Tea appeared to mock Black Lives Matter protestors and joke about looting in Instagram posts.

In a one-line statement issued on Friday, the Major League Soccer club confirmed Katai had been released.

Katai said the posts were unacceptable, adding her views "are not ones I share and are not tolerated in my family".

The 29-year-old added: "This is a mistake from my family and I take full responsibility."

Protests have been held around the world after unarmed black man George Floyd died while being restrained by a white Minneapolis police officer on 25 May.

Athletes from a number of sports have spoken out about racial discrimination and police brutality following Floyd's death.

In an earlier statement, LA Galaxy said: "LA Galaxy were made aware of a series of racist and violent social media posts by Tea Katai, the wife of LA Galaxy midfielder Aleksandar Katai.

"The LA Galaxy strongly condemned the social posts and requested their immediate removal. The LA Galaxy stands firmly against racism of any kind, including that which suggests violence or seeks to demean the efforts of those in pursuit of racial equality."

Katai added: "I will ensure that my family and I take the necessary actions to learn, understand, listen and support the black community.

"I am sorry for the pain these posts have caused the LA Galaxy family and all allies in the fight against racism."

The winger made two appearances for Galaxy after joining from Chicago Fire in December. He previously played for Red Star Belgrade and Alaves in La Liga.
Re: Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
wahala
Re: Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts by Nbote(m): 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
Jus Imagine how a loud mouthed wife made her husband lose his job

1 Like

Re: Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts by dulux07(m): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
I hope she is happy now. undecided
Re: Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
She's a Serb, right?

If so, then no real surprises and this is not just me trying to generalize here.
Re: Alexander Katai Leaves LA Galaxy After Wife's Racist Instagram Posts by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
Wow.
Just lost his source of income like that.

(1) (Reply)

Champions League Crusade / Five Moments That Defines Sir Alex Ferguson's Man Utd Career / Should The Away Goals Rule Be Scrapped In Major Tournaments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.