Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Atiku Calls Uwaila Omozuwa Family; Calls For Review Of Rape Laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Calls Uwaila Omozuwa Family; Calls For Review Of Rape Laws (193 Views)

Uwaila Omozuwa Rape: President Buhari Reacts, Directs Police To Fish Out Rapists / Betsy Obaseki Visits Uwaila Omozuwa's Family / Reverend Mbaka Blasts Atiku, Calls Him Bureau De Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Calls Uwaila Omozuwa Family; Calls For Review Of Rape Laws by 9jafreshbaze: 4:29am On Jun 06, 2020
Former vice-president Atiku Abubakar put a call across to the family of Uwa Omozuwa, the Uniben undergraduate who died after suffering series of injuries from suspected rapists.

https://gistsfanz.com/2020/06/atiku-calls-uwaila-omozuwa-family-calls-for-review-of-rape-laws.html

Atiku revealed via his official Twitter handle that he condoled with the deceased family over the phone.

He then canvassed for a review of the laws on rape in the country to prevent further occurrence.
He tweeted,

I just spoke to the family of the late Uwa Omozuwa. I expressed my deepest condolences over her rape and murder. I feel their anguish. Sadly, rape is now a pandemic in our country.

It is time we reviewed the laws on rape to ensure that there are no escape routes in the investigation, prosecution, conviction and adequate punishment for this heinous crime. -AA

I just spoke to the family of the late Uwa Omozuwa. I expressed my deepest condolences over her rape and murder. I feel their anguish. Sadly, rape is now a pandemic in our country.

https://gistsfanz.com/2020/06/atiku-calls-uwaila-omozuwa-family-calls-for-review-of-rape-laws.html
Re: Atiku Calls Uwaila Omozuwa Family; Calls For Review Of Rape Laws by recievesense: 4:56am On Jun 06, 2020
About that time

(1) (Reply)

N40bn Scandal : I Didn’t Ask EFCC To Probe Akpabio, Says Omo-agege / Electricity:aedc/aquivis Pioneer Smart High-tension Fault Detector In Nigeria’s / Don't Cry ,godwin ( By Sam Omaseye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.