Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,127 members, 7,829,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons (1108 Views)

2019 Model Acura Mdx Toks Full Option Buttons Gear / Pls What's The Name Of This Vehicle? / Order Cars from Lagos at the Exact Cost!|Nationwide Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by setobaba: 8:05am On Jun 06, 2020
I use the Ac alot and It’s my first owned car, can anyone tell me the functions of these buttons I uploaded. And the uses of this 2 and L below the Drive gears

Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by andrewtosin(m): 8:09am On Jun 06, 2020
H
Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by HundHunter(m): 8:10am On Jun 06, 2020
Check the car manual for the information. If you don't have it.

Download from the internet.

1 Like

Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by kingreign(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2020
setobaba:
I use the Ac alot and It’s my first owned car, can anyone tell me the functions of these buttons I uploaded. And the uses of this 2 and L below the Drive gears

First button is air recirculating button. To make air in the car continually recirculated without adding fresh air supply from outside. It's primarily used when you're in a dusty, highly polluted or even smoke filled area or area with smelling air.

Second button is defogging button. It's used to clear the rear windshield (and in some vehicles combines the clearing of side mirrors ) of fog, condensate and ice because it has heating elements printed on the glass. Those things brownish lines at the back of your windscreen are the heating elements.

For the 2 and L in your shifter, your car is a 4 speed automatic transmission. Pushing it to 2 will prevent your car from going into overdrive great (4th gear) and leaving it in L means you're inhibiting the transmission from shifting to higher gears.
It's primary function is for going down steep hill gradients where it maybe dangerous or ineffective to engage foot brake. Those 2 or L are used for Engine braking where your car engine and speed is used to provide braking to the car.

Hope I've explained things clearly to you?
You should study more of these online and in your car owner's manual.

Cheers!

11 Likes

Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by enochogaga(m): 8:17am On Jun 06, 2020
setobaba:

The second pic, is a heater that dry off water from the back glass (back windscreen), pls dont turn it on when no water on the back glass hence it will crack and break down the back windscreen

1 Like

Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by falcon01: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2020
first button is if you want to perfectly Turn the car around while in a high speed just press it and it will turn to the other direction

Second button if the car is stuck and can't move forward or backward you press it and it jumps up for like 4ft then moves forward

and the last button if you are been chased and want to confuse your chaser you press it and the car will Duplicate Thus confusing your chaser as to which is the real you.

Good Morning y'all Today is Saturday.
Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by Tamkurou: 8:45am On Jun 06, 2020
falcon01:
first button is if you want to perfectly Turn the car around while in a high speed just press it and it will turn to the other direction

Second button if the car is stuck and can't move forward or backward you press it and it jumps up for like 4ft then moves forward

and the last button if you are been chased and want to confuse your chaser you press it and the car will Duplicate Thus confusing your chaser as to which is the real you.

grin grin grin
Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by setobaba: 8:59am On Jun 06, 2020
kingreign:

First button is air recirculating button. To make air in the car continually recirculated without adding fresh air supply from outside. It's primarily used when you're in a dusty, highly polluted or even smoke filled area or area with smelling air.

Second button is defogging button. It's used to clear the rear windshield (and in some vehicles combines the clearing of side mirrors ) of fog, condensate and ice because it has heating elements printed on the glass. Those things brownish lines at the back of your windscreen are the heating elements.

For the 2 and L in your shifter, your car is a 4 speed automatic transmission. Pushing it to 2 will prevent your car from going into overdrive great (4th gear) and leaving it in L means you're inhibiting the transmission from shifting to higher gears.
It's primary function is for going down steep hill gradients where it maybe dangerous or ineffective to engage foot brake. Those 2 or L are used for Engine braking where your car engine and speed is used to provide braking to the car.

Hope I've explained things clearly to you?
You should study more of these online and in your car owner's manual.

Cheers!

Thanks
In others words using the L and 2 gear are limited to some conditions ??
Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by kingreign(m): 9:10am On Jun 06, 2020
setobaba:

Thanks
In others words using the L and 2 gear are limited to some conditions ??
Yes.
Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by Ayomarcel(m): 9:14am On Jun 06, 2020
falcon01:

Not everything is funny. Sometimes try and be sensible and contribute good things.

2 Likes

Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by tyup(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2020
falcon01:

Lmao grin grin
Re: Car Users Pls What Are The Exact Functions Of These Buttons by falcon01: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2020
Ayomarcel:

Not everything is funny. Sometimes try and be sensible and contribute good things.
its Weekend ma dude allow me to have fun! besides lots of people gave the right response why bother about mine? just smile and pass please.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! SOLD! Sharp Honda CR-V 2000 Model @ 600k / Toks 2010 Camry LE Fabric Interior 4 Plug Neat 1st Body Custom Duty Paid #2.5m / 2008 Model Lexus Es350 Used Full Option Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.