Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah (2259 Views)

Kwara Gov Commends, Refunds Women Who Built Schools With Own Funds / Jonathan Built Schools In The North, While Buhari Built Cemeteries – Reno Omokri / 2019 Election: Thieves Have Ganged Up Against APC - Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Elose11(m): 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Matthew Kukah, Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, has said politicians from the north who looted public treasury, have failed to develop their immediate constituencies, unlike those from other parts of the country.

The clergyman stated that Nigeria is full of political thieves, and those from the south have built clinics and schools, compared to those from the north, despite being in power more than any other region of the country.

Kukah made the statement in an interview with AriseTV, on the state of the nation.

In response to a question on his criticism of government during one of his sermons, particularly at the funeral mass of late seminarian, Michael Nnadi, he said:

“I must tell you that religion and politics is my area of academic interest; religion, politics and society.

“So, when I say the things that I say, they are based, first of all on my conviction as a Christian because I am pretty clear about how society ought to be and Jesus said to me very clearly that I have come so that you can have life and have it to the full.

“So, anything that impinges on the state’s inability to make life better for the citizens under its care, not only does it irritate me but it summons me to question the state.

“No part of this country has produced military or civilian presidents or Heads of State as Northern Nigeria has done. The North still insists that it wants to hold on to power at all cost, yet it has lacked the capacity to translate this power into a meaningful and useful impact on the lives of even its immediate constituency.

“Even the thieves who steal from other parts of the country behave in a much better way than the thieves from Northern Nigeria and they steal as much as everybody else.

“But everybody who steals, you can see evidence that most of the thieves in Nigeria have either built clinics, they have tarred roads, have given children scholarships, built schools and have done all kinds of things.

“But you cannot find in Northern Nigeria in 99 percent of the constituencies of the Northern elites any evidence of a thief who served in Abuja or elsewhere passed here.”

https://www.newsbreak.ng/nigerias-political-thieves-have-built-schools-clinics-unlike-those-from-north-kukah/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Elose11(m): 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
Will they listen?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by SLAP44: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
In the south, rich people look after their immediate community, not only politicians or thieves.

What I still don't understand is why north and south west billionaires are this stingy to their people?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by SeverusSnape(m): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
True

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by SLAP44: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
Elose11:
Will they listen?

Why will they listen when the poorest of the poor northern and south west people will stand for days, fight and kill just to vote and ensure their ethnic leaders always retain power while they answer "ruling region" and suffer to death.

Suffering and smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by SLAP44: 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
SeverusSnape:
True

The SW is the same case. If not that Lagos is in their region, they will have more almajirins from that region.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Freestainworld(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
seconded, during election, they will give them kwilikwili and brain wash them, all of them will troop on the line like zombie, adult will thumb print 20x, children will follow, later they add up the cows to get millions, after election, their so called leaders will abandoned them like trash, only to remember them the next election.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by festacman(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
Bishop Matthew Kukah sounds totally frustrated here. Sad.
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by obataokenwa(m): 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
I was travelling to Zaria from Abuja last two years and I asked one Fulani man in the car why they don't empower their people unlike we Igbos, he said if you help them, they will not be useful with it but they will only use it to marry more wife.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Oxb90: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
This Rev. Fr knows how to say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by SLAP44: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
obataokenwa:
I was travelling to Zaria from Abuja last two years and I asked one Fulani man in the car why they don't empower their people unlike we Igbos, he said if you help them, they will not be useful with it but they will only use it to marry more wife.

Na so them like woman reach? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by SLAP44: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
Freestainworld:
seconded, during election, they will give them kwilikwili and brain wash them, all of them will troop on the line like zombie, adult will thumb print 20x, children will follow, later they add up the cows to get millions, after election, their so called leaders will abandoned them like trash, only to remember them the next election.

That's what illiteracy can do to a people.
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by obataokenwa(m): 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
SLAP44:

my dear u go there and see someone selling tea with three wives without the knowledge of where the children are.

You stop anywhere in Zaria, almajiri will soround you like bees...the worst they keep touching someone.
In my former place of work, the security guy there...due to I can speak Hausa so during interaction, he told me he got 6 children. I was so ashamed of myself that day cos I was older than him with ten years but no girlfriend even.

I always dash him money to help the children. Even helped him to be converted as a staff cos I always felt for him

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by FlordFlorez(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
Indeed, thief is thief, but southerner thieves are better. They give back to the public. Down north, even during election they do little or nothing for their voters. Infact, they have this belief that those almajiris' votes are their birthright. Power drunk stingy thieves. Thats why they dont want them educated so they wont be enlighten and know the truth. Where's yenefer sef.
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
Our country is so bad that we are comparing two evil

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Yenefer(f): 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Indeed, thief is thief, but southerner thieves are better. They give back to the public. Down north, even during election they do little or nothing for their voters. Infact, they have this belief that those almajiris' votes are their birthright. Power drunk stingy thieves. Thats why they dont want them educated so they wont be enlighten and know the truth. Where's yenefer sef.
Observing
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by FlordFlorez(m): 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yenefer:
Observing
I greet u. I've missed u around anyway!
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by FlordFlorez(m): 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
festacman:
Truth is bitter than bitter kola i guess.
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Just imagine what a country is discussing....THIEVES...

Even the thieves who steal from other parts of the country behave in a much better way than the thieves from Northern Nigeria and they steal as much as everybody else.

COMPARING THIEVES...
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by abobote: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
Bishop Kukah is very bold and truthful to power. Nigerian leaders are bad, but northern leaders are worst
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by abobote: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
SLAP44:
In the south, rich people look after their immediate community, not only politicians or thieves.

What I still don't understand is why north and south west billionaires are this stingy to their people?
You must find a way to appeal ur tribalistic tendencies

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by abobote: 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
festacman:
Of course, any sane person will be frustrated with the kind of leaders we have in this country
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by proeast(m): 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
So true. The cabals that destroyed the north will not be happy with Hassan Kukah for always embarrassing them with the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
Bishop is not far from the truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by surgical: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
SLAP44:

how you will know is the number of them selling sex enhancing drugs after business of selling foreign currencies,that is the business where you find them in their numbers , and why do you think seven virgins in the hereafter appeals to them to the extent they can lay down their lives,they are also very corrupt,which is an indication of their liivestyle
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by patwilly(m): 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Look no further than the Arewa thread Bishop Kukah. That's what their loot goes into. Bugatti's are expensive. Gotta loot enough to buy the latest Gwags and Whatnots
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Corporate2020: 4:36am On Jun 07, 2020
SLAP44:

I will be surprised if you don't mention South West, but I understand. People that used over three million of your fathers, uncles and brothers for pepper soup and suya between 1967 and 1970 cannot be forgotten easily. The nightmare stays in the subconscious permanently

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Akaegwu(m): 4:46am On Jun 07, 2020
Fire on. They are parasites. A useless one for that matter.
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by SHAKABOOM: 7:35am On Jun 07, 2020
SLAP44:

The south west and north like oga-nizm too much.especially south west

They dont like devoping or giving back to dia community.

They will rather give crumbs to the poor so that they will continue hailing and rolling on the floor whenever they see them.
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by XXLMANDIGO: 9:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Their culture and Religion keeps people subservient, no doubt.
Re: Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah by Karlifate: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2020
shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Your Leaders Are Dull" Ghanaian Pastor Blasts Nigerians / Tinubu Shell Company Ocean Trust Moved N16.4 Billion After Apara Exposure / Breaking : Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Entire Orsu LGA Secretariat ,imo State - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.